Windows 10: How to clean up WindowsApps folder?

Discus and support How to clean up WindowsApps folder? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have a strange situation: analyzing the space on C: I saw that some apps that I had uninstalled still exist in the windowsApps folder and even old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Pustragas, May 24, 2022.

1. Pustragas Win User

How to clean up WindowsApps folder?

Hi,I have a strange situation: analyzing the space on C: I saw that some apps that I had uninstalled still exist in the windowsApps folder and even old versions of some apps are there taking up space.At first I tried to reinstall the app and remove it but the space didn't free it.With the old version of an app I tried to move it to another volume, but he moved the latest version and the old one stayed there.I tried to make a list of apps with powershell, but they don't show up in the list.Get-AppxPackage -allusers * asphalt * Select Name, PackageFullNameI also tried the cleaning start from t

:)

Pustragas, May 24, 2022

2. How to clean up WindowsApps folder?

this is the step for forced unistall

for folder:

How to clean up WindowsApps folder? [​IMG]

or for exact file .exe

don't find anythings

for disinstall galaxy explorer:

i have installed e then removed with revo pro:

removed:

but not work...

for other test with powershell, There is an error in command

- - - Updated - - -

Code:
    - - - Updated - - -

are you referring to the first answer? do I buy a new hard disk and then I move all the useless things to it, which will gradually increase, only to have a few applications to work? The answer to the increase in disk space is senseless.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried dism ++ but it doesn't find anything in the provisioned apps nor in the normal ones.

- - - Updated - - -

I have tried some of the commands you have listed. The app does not appear in the list or if it appears it is only the latest version. The app doesn't even appear in the "provisoning" ones, in this case I can't remove anything with powershell. What else can I do in your opinion? if you tell me the names of programs I will do the test myself. Unfortunately I have several gigabytes to free and I can take some time to try a solution ...

- - - Updated - - -

I have tried almost all of them but they are not for the case in question. 13 is interesting. But can bundled apps be run? Do I have are only in the system and cannot be used? For example "ZuneVideo" comes out of my list but I can't run it ... What are these apps for?

- - - Updated - - -

"Then see what affect it has, If none ..."<--- And how is this done?

For the images I'm organizing ... I'm a pain in the ass when making them ...

For disk space see my previous answer, in some cases giving this advice does not make sense. Especially when there are bugs in the software ...

einstein1969, May 24, 2022
  3. S.cloris Win User
    WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, May 24, 2022
  4. How to clean up WindowsApps folder?

I tried iobit uninstaller, but there aren't any that I uninstalled in the list. For the old versions it gives me the latest one.

Here for example, there is asphalt9 ver * 600 * "only" and the path is wrong as it says it is on disk C: instead of Q: as you see in the previous image.

I tried with powershell but the applications are not listed ...

I recently did an "on place" installation to not reinstall everything from scratch, maybe something happened? (I swear my patience is tested, windows is full of bugs).

- - - Updated - - -

here is an example with powershell, I have highlighted in red those that are not

I do not know what to do...

- - - Updated - - -

of iobit uninstaller I also performed the procedure to see partial uninstalls (software integrity) etc, but did not find anything ...

- - - Updated - - -

i'm trying revo pro in 30 day trial. Unfortunately he does not see the installations

einstein1969, May 24, 2022
Thema:

1. How to clean up WindowsApps folder? - Similar Threads - clean WindowsApps folder

2. How to clean up WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to clean up WindowsApps folder?: Hi,I have a strange situation: analyzing the space on C: I saw that some apps that I had uninstalled still exist in the windowsApps folder and even old versions of some apps are there taking up space.At first I tried to reinstall the app and remove it but the space didn't...
  3. How to clean up WindowsApps folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clean up WindowsApps folder?: Hi,I have a strange situation: analyzing the space on C: I saw that some apps that I had uninstalled still exist in the windowsApps folder and even old versions of some apps are there taking up space.At first I tried to reinstall the app and remove it but the space didn't...
  4. WindowsApp Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WindowsApp Folder: I cannot open the WindowsApps folder. I right click and select "Properties". I click on the "Security Tab". I click on "Advanced". Next to "Owner" it says "Unable to display current owner". I click "Change" next to this. I enter "administrator" and "Check Name". It updates. I...
  5. How to delete windowsapps folder?

How to delete windowsapps folder?: So yesterday, my ssd wasnt detected and I restarted my pc and it seems to have fixed it. But, when I try to launch Forza or Hollow knight which is in my SSD it wont launch. I wanted to reinstall it cuz i figured its probably because of my ssd not being detected the other day...
  6. WindowsApps Folder

WindowsApps Folder: Hello, Quick question. I'd like to put one of my HDD's in a different computer however the folder WindowsApps is on that HDD and I cannot move the folder over to another HDD or delete that folder and was wondering how I would do so. Thank you for your time....
  7. WindowsApps Folder

WindowsApps Folder: Hello, I recently restored windows on my computer and I no longer have permissions to remove the 'WindowsApps' folder. When trying to remove the folder it references an old admin account I use to have before restoring. I changed the owner of the folder and provided myself...
  8. WindowsApps folder

WindowsApps folder: I've granted myself access to the ProgramFiles/WindowsApps using these commands: cd /d C:\Program Files takeown /f WindowsApps /r cacls WindowsApps /t /g everyone:F I've got access to the folder, everything were alright, until I noticed that windows store, windows store...
  9. Can I clean up windowsAPP folder ? Like delete all Folders ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I clean up windowsAPP folder ? Like delete all Folders ?: Please Look here Ashampoo(R) Web Upload 116173
  10. how to clean up bloated windows folder

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    how to clean up bloated windows folder: I have a windows 10 laptop with a bloated windows folder -- almost 40 gb. on my windows 10 desktop it is just 15 gb. that's reasonable. back to the problematic laptop: I ran windows disk cleanup, with system files cleanup, and it doesn't find anything big. I checked...