Windows 10: How to cleanup and continue an aborted Ubuntu installation?

Discus and support How to cleanup and continue an aborted Ubuntu installation? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I wanted to install Ubuntu from the Microstore store. The download took to long for the rest of the day, so I aborted the installation.The next day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Martin Schmude, Nov 27, 2022.

1. How to cleanup and continue an aborted Ubuntu installation?

I wanted to install Ubuntu from the Microstore store. The download took to long for the rest of the day, so I aborted the installation.The next day Ubuntu in the Microsoft store neither displays a "Install" nor an "Open" button.On a PowerShell I getPS C:\WINDOWS\system32> wsl --install UbuntuWird installiert: Ubuntu[================ 28,0% ]The installation remains endlessly in that state and doesn't continue.Other installations have been accomplished successfully,PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> wsl --list --verbose NAME STATE

:)

Martin Schmude, Nov 27, 2022
  2. xfire Win User
    xfire, Nov 27, 2022
  3. zithe Win User
    Linux Noob - Ubuntu fails on install GRUB error 2

Did you burn the image on the slowest setting possible? Pop your disc in and try checking the disc for errors (booting from the disc). If it has an error on it then you have a bad install.

I just googled your motherboard and ubuntu... This thread is on the list. XD

If it's a bad install I'd suggest a different version of Ubuntu or to try Fedora instead. I had nothing but trouble with 8.04.

Also, try your connections. Sounds stupid but maybe the CD sent it and the hard drive couldn't get it or some weird thing like that. (Talking out my rear end now, but it's worth a shot)

Sorry I couldn't help more. *Frown How to cleanup and continue an aborted Ubuntu installation? :(

zithe, Nov 27, 2022
  4. How to cleanup and continue an aborted Ubuntu installation?

DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 27, 2022
Thema:

How to cleanup and continue an aborted Ubuntu installation?

1. How to cleanup and continue an aborted Ubuntu installation? - Similar Threads - cleanup continue aborted

2. Wsl Not installing ubuntu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wsl Not installing ubuntu: one year ago i installed ubuntu and deleted is now i needed to install ubuntu wsl is not installing I have tried all the methods and deleted and reinstalled it many time but nothing happen I have reinstalled windows in new partition and tried to get wsl files and ext4.vdhx...
  3. How to install terminal icons in wsl2 ubuntu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install terminal icons in wsl2 ubuntu: I want to see the files and folder icons when I use the ls command. Is there any way to achieve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-terminal-icons-in-wsl2-ubuntu/7c810f10-3237-462b-8845-dcdb98f644e7
  4. How to install terminal icons in wsl2 ubuntu

How to install terminal icons in wsl2 ubuntu: I want to see the files and folder icons when I use the ls command. Is there any way to achieve this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-terminal-icons-in-wsl2-ubuntu/7c810f10-3237-462b-8845-dcdb98f644e7
  5. How to cleanup and continue an aborted Ubuntu installation?

How to cleanup and continue an aborted Ubuntu installation?: I wanted to install Ubuntu from the Microstore store. The download took to long for the rest of the day, so I aborted the installation.The next day Ubuntu in the Microsoft store neither displays a "Install" nor an "Open" button.On a PowerShell I getPS C:\WINDOWS\system32> wsl...
  6. windows installation on ubuntu

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows installation on ubuntu: hicurrently am using linux . but the linux os unable to run in pc .so i want to upgraded to windows 10 . what are the step should i follow .pls help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-installation-on-ubuntu/b8ffb947-f2bf-48a8-97b1-23f7cb87ecc0
  7. How to install Windows on Ubuntu

How to install Windows on Ubuntu: I am using Ubuntu but I’d like to install Windows 10. Please point me in the right direction https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-install-windows-on-ubuntu/21cab782-e668-499a-88b8-1dc96e9d4e8f
  8. Ubuntu install question

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ubuntu install question: Hello i have windows 10 Home in my SSD Drive 120 GB and 1 TB HDD D drive . i want to ask if i can install ubuntu alongside windows 10 but somehow on D drive !! can you please help me to find out if i can it ?! thank you...
  9. Help Abortion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help Abortion: When I open file location on help link in program files, it takes me to Documentation and properties shows "C:\Program Files (x86)\borland\interbase\help\ib32.hlp" When I click the link, it takes me to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/products/windows?os=windows-10 not...
  10. Build 10049 Will Download But Aborts Installation

Build 10049 Will Download But Aborts Installation: I have build 10041 in different stages on three SSDs. Have had no problems installing updates including new builds in the past. Build 10049 downloads (100%), but installation always aborts - even on one SSD which has an absolutely pristine 10041 - installed with no problems...