Windows 10: How to clear applications in Get notifications from these senders

Discus and support How to clear applications in Get notifications from these senders in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dear Friends I would like to ask, is there any possibility to clear/delete/remove applications history in "Get notifications from these senders" as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by UTAVATU, Sep 4, 2016.

1. UTAVATU Win User

How to clear applications in Get notifications from these senders

Dear Friends

I would like to ask, is there any possibility to clear/delete/remove applications history in "Get notifications from these senders" as you see below:

How to clear applications in Get notifications from these senders [​IMG]

I don't want to disable them with Off option, but to have no applications visible under "Get notifications from these senders". In earlier Windows 10 builds there was an easy trick by deleting AppDB in the registry:

In Windows 10 1607 there is no such entry like AppDB in the registry anymore. I would be glad for any help and solution.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely

:)

UTAVATU, Sep 4, 2016
  2. Nadia_Cullen, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Event Viewer Problems

To further explain, Get notifications from apps and other senders will disable all the applications from sending notifications on the list below Get notifications from these senders.
    On the other hand, if you only wish to disable some applications from sending a notification to your taskbar, you can choose from the applications below
    Get notifications from these senders. We suggest that you turn off the applications that you don't wish to send a notification on your taskbar.

Kindly get back to us know if this worked.

Xylee Del, Sep 4, 2016
  4. UTAVATU Win User

Dear Friends

I have found STStephenHaxby solution for Windows 10 1607:

1. Backup file: "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications\wpndatabase.db".
    2. Install application: DB Browser for SQLite.
    3. Open file: "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications\wpndatabase.db".
    4. Go to tab: "Execute SQL".
    5. Enter and execute entry: "select * from NotificationHandler".
    6. Find "HandlerID" for application you want to remove from "Get notifications from these senders".
    7. Enter and execute entry: "delete from HandlerSettings where HandlerID = X".
    8. Enter and execute entry: "delete from Notification where HandlerID = X".
    9. Enter and execute entry: "delete from WNSPushChannel where HandlerID = X".
    10. Enter and execute entry: "delete from NotificationHandler where HandlerID = X".
    11. Save file: "wpndatabase.db".
    12. Reboot your system.

EDIT

Where X is your application's "HandlerID" you have found earlier.

Sincerely

UTAVATU, Sep 5, 2016
  5. The notifications are so annoying and you can remove this with the registry editor in previous build,but in build 1607 they remove it .I created an account just to say thank you for this solution .it seems that the noticafications are now gone .*Party

ariefpizzuti, Sep 6, 2016
  6. UTAVATU Win User
    Dear ariefpizzuti

I am glad to hear your words. Credits goes to STStephenHaxby.

Sincerely

UTAVATU, Sep 7, 2016
  7. matias365 Win User
    I created an account to say thank you too!!

And I want to add some help. I have an application that create lot of records in table NotificationHandler. So I made this scripts to delete all of them:

delete from HandlerSettings where handlerid in (select recordid from notificationhandler where primaryid like "%explorer.notification.{%");
    delete from Notification where handlerid in (select recordid from notificationhandler where primaryid like "%explorer.notification.{%");
    delete from WNSPushChannel where handlerid in (select recordid from notificationhandler where primaryid like "%explorer.notification.{%");
    delete from NotificationHandler where primaryid like "%explorer.notification.{%";

You have to replace text betwen % with the value in field primarid you want to delete. Symbol % is a wildcard, so any record cointaing part from text between % will be deleted.

I hope this help to another person too.

Thank you.

matias365, Sep 29, 2016
  8. Stigg Win User

I thought it may be just a registry entry, but maybe not.

I found these locations.
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Notifications\Settings
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\PushNotifications\Backup

Stigg, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to clear applications in Get notifications from these senders - Similar Threads - clear applications notifications

2. Windows 10 Home: How to add an application in the "Get notifications from these senders"...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home: How to add an application in the "Get notifications from these senders"...: Hello, I'm wondering if someone can help me with this. How does a user add an application in the "Get notifications from these senders" section under Settings > System > Notifications & actions? I've tried searching through the Internet and there is nothing really helpful. I...
  3. Add Teams to "Get notifications from these senders" list

Add Teams to "Get notifications from these senders" list: How do I add Teams to the "Get notifications from these senders" list? I am missing notifications, even though I have Teams set to run in the background all the time, even if I exit the program....
  4. "GET NOTIFICATIONS FROM THESE SENDERS"

"GET NOTIFICATIONS FROM THESE SENDERS": Under Settings>System>Notifications & Actions>Get Notifications From These Senders there follows a list of native apps and desktop apps. How is it determined which apps appear on this list? I have two Win 10 PC's with the exact same version and pretty much configured the same...
  5. How to add applications to the Notification Senders list?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to add applications to the Notification Senders list?!: My question is: can you add programs manually to Notification Senders list in Windows 10? Under "Manage Notifications" theres a section called "Get notifications from these senders" with applications allowed/enabled for using the notification feature next to the clock in...
  6. How to DELETE a notification entry under "Get notifications from these senders" in...

How to DELETE a notification entry under "Get notifications from these senders" in...: How can one delete an unwanted notification entry under "Get notifications from these senders" in "Notifications & actions"? I know how to disable a notification, but I want to completely delete an entry from that list. If this matters, to the right of the entry, I see "(via...
  7. Sender is getting bounce email notification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sender is getting bounce email notification: From last few months sender is getting bounce email notification as under Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** The recipient's mailbox is full and can't accept messages now. Please try resending your message...
  8. Deleting apps from Get notifications from these sender

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting apps from Get notifications from these sender: I want to delete apps in Get notifications from these sender. But I'm stuck at Step #4 could someone guide me what to do next. 1. Backup file: "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Notifications\wpndatabase.db". 2. Install application: DB Browser for SQLite. 3....
  9. Multiple instances of App in 'Get notifications from these senders'

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple instances of App in 'Get notifications from these senders': Hello dear Users, I have installed an App from ASRock for configuring the fan control in my system (ATuning.exe). The App has an Autostart function, because it is updating/refreshing the fan control settings after every restart of the system (or login of a user). When...
  10. How to delete odd entries in "Get notifications from these senders"?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete odd entries in "Get notifications from these senders"?: Hi, Is there any way to remove these entries? They aren't any programs that I use and they seem to be labelled differently with underscores and such. [img] 103511

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows wpndatabase.db turn off

2. C:Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Notification\

3. win10 remove notification sender

4. % USERPROFILE% \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Notifications,
  5. windows 10 duplicate setting app notification wpndatabase,
  6. delete wpndatabase,
  7. get notifications from these sender,
  8. clear old notification from these senders most recent,
  9. wpndatabase.db-wal notifications outlook 1709,
  10. remove notification senders windows 10,
  11. how to clear applications in get notifications,
  12. get notifications from these senders missing edge outlook cortana onedrive,
  13. where is this folder C:Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Notification\wpndatabase.db.,
  14. remove senders from notification list,
  15. I could not find where the app/sender is in the programs and features or the program files