Windows 10: How to clear Cache, Cookies, Browsing History in Chrome and Firefox

Discus and support How to clear Cache, Cookies, Browsing History in Chrome and Firefox in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In our earlier post, we covered the method to delete browsing cache in the Edge browser. On similar lines, we’ll see how to remove cache, […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 19, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to clear Cache, Cookies, Browsing History in Chrome and Firefox

WinClub, Apr 19, 2020
  2. bro67 Win User

What's The Best Way To Clear Google Chrome Cache

Clearing the Cache is clearing everything like Cookies if you want that info flushed. There is no real automatic way unless you create a script triggered to clear that one area, which is doing nothing for you other than delaying the loading of those pages that you regularly visit.

Chrome Web Store
    Script to clear browsing history and cache for IE, Firefox and Chrome – vWorld.nl
    Create a Shortcut or Hotkey to Run CCleaner Silently
    How to delete cookies, cache and history in all major browsers
    powershell - Script for clearing Chrome or Firefox cache on Windows - Stack Overflow

bro67, Apr 19, 2020
  3. how to clear cache and cookies

Hi,

I'm Diego Rios, an Independent Advisor willing to help other Microsoft customers.

You can try the following procedures below:

The first step to troubleshooting is to clear the browser cache/cookies:

For Internet Explorer browser: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Delete

For Google Chrome: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Clear Browsing Data

For Firefox: Press CTRL+SHIFT+DEL simultaneously and click Clear Now

Please let me know if this helped and works.

Best Regards,

Diego R.

Diego Rios_06, Apr 19, 2020
  4. pepanee Win User

What's The Best Way To Clear Google Chrome Cache

dalchina: Okay I cleared Chrome's cached files from its own Settings option, then used CCleaner to check Chrome's Internet Cache. It found about an extra gigabyte. So I only checked that option and cleared the cache through CCleaner. I opened Chrome, and my history and cookies are still all there, which is good. Thanks for that suggestion.

Callender: I'm assuming that app does the same thing that the Google settings menu does.

bro67: I don't want to delete personal data (browsing history) when I close Chrome.

pepanee, Apr 19, 2020
Thema:

1. How to clear Cache, Cookies, Browsing History in Chrome and Firefox - Similar Threads - clear Cache Cookies

2. Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11: I saw some instructions when I Googled it but it said to go to Settings, Advanced, but there is no Advanced in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-delete-cookies-clear-cache/28e6b05a-d2bb-4c29-87fc-dbd9ed42360b
  3. Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to delete cookies & clear cache without deleting passwords in Chrome/Windows 11: I saw some instructions when I Googled it but it said to go to Settings, Advanced, but there is no Advanced in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-delete-cookies-clear-cache/28e6b05a-d2bb-4c29-87fc-dbd9ed42360b
  4. How to Clear Chrome Cached Images on Exit?

in Browsers and Email
    How to Clear Chrome Cached Images on Exit?: Is there a way of setting Chrome to delete cached images and files on exit. There is a setting for cookies but I don't see one for cached images. 173353
  5. Activity History vs. private / incognito browsing in Firefox / Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Activity History vs. private / incognito browsing in Firefox / Chrome: There is a post advertising the privacy features of MS Activity History, which notes that it does not record browsing data when browsing in an InPrivate tab in MS Edge. Is the same true for non-MS browsers, such as Firefox or Chrome?...
  6. how to clear caches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to clear caches: how to clear caches https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-caches/cfedf7a2-2ec3-465a-ba4e-ce8fce234761
  7. How to Clear FireFox cache for multiple users with a command/script

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Clear FireFox cache for multiple users with a command/script: I am trying to create a batch file/ powershell script to delete users firefox cache. The main problem I am facing is that the folder that contains the cache is different from user to user. Currently I have del /f /q...
  8. how to clear cache and cookies

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to clear cache and cookies: I was advised to clear cache and cookies and do not know how to do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-cache-and-cookies/1946833c-e745-4a34-9457-bf117d70c25f
  9. how do I delete cookies and browsing history?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do I delete cookies and browsing history?: how do I delete cookies and browsing history? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-cookies-and-browsing-history/236c7fbb-879c-4d14-bfde-be05609c6891
  10. Browsing History Doesn't Display or Clears

in Browsers and Email
    Browsing History Doesn't Display or Clears: On one of my child accounts the browsing history is not saving in Edge. I've tried a lot of settings and steps including the ones described here, Solved No Browser History in Edge - Windows 10 Forums However, it almost never displays any history. One time I had it save one...