Windows 10: How to Clear Chrome Cached Images on Exit?

Discus and support How to Clear Chrome Cached Images on Exit? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Is there a way of setting Chrome to delete cached images and files on exit. There is a setting for cookies but I don't see one for cached images. 173353 Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Steve C, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Steve C Win User

How to Clear Chrome Cached Images on Exit?

Is there a way of setting Chrome to delete cached images and files on exit. There is a setting for cookies but I don't see one for cached images.

:)

Steve C, Jan 31, 2021
  2. pepanee Win User

What's The Best Way To Clear Google Chrome Cache

dalchina: Okay I cleared Chrome's cached files from its own Settings option, then used CCleaner to check Chrome's Internet Cache. It found about an extra gigabyte. So I only checked that option and cleared the cache through CCleaner. I opened Chrome, and my history and cookies are still all there, which is good. Thanks for that suggestion.

Callender: I'm assuming that app does the same thing that the Google settings menu does.

bro67: I don't want to delete personal data (browsing history) when I close Chrome.

pepanee, Jan 31, 2021
  3. bro67 Win User
    What's The Best Way To Clear Google Chrome Cache

Clearing the Cache is clearing everything like Cookies if you want that info flushed. There is no real automatic way unless you create a script triggered to clear that one area, which is doing nothing for you other than delaying the loading of those pages that you regularly visit.

Chrome Web Store
    Script to clear browsing history and cache for IE, Firefox and Chrome – vWorld.nl
    Create a Shortcut or Hotkey to Run CCleaner Silently
    How to delete cookies, cache and history in all major browsers
    powershell - Script for clearing Chrome or Firefox cache on Windows - Stack Overflow

bro67, Jan 31, 2021
  4. How to Clear Chrome Cached Images on Exit?

clear cache widows 10

Use Disk Cleanup:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Chrome

In the browser bar, enter:

chrome://settings/clearBrowserData

Select the following:

Browsing history

Download history

Cookies and other site and plug-in data

Cached images and files

From the Obliterate the following items from: drop-down menu, you can choose the period of time for which you want to clear cached information. To clear your entire cache, select the beginning of time.

Click Clear browsing data.

Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.

Firefox

From the History menu, select Clear Recent History.

If the menu bar is hidden, press Alt to make it visible.

From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range; to clear your entire cache, select Everything.

Next to "Details", click the down arrow to choose which elements of the history to clear; to clear your entire cache, select all items.

Click Clear Now.

Exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.

Microsoft Edge

In the top right, click the Hub icon (looks like three horizontal lines).

Click the History icon, and then select Clear all history.

Select Browsing history, then Cookies and saved website data, and then Cached data and files. Click Clear.

After the "All Clear!" message appears, exit/quit all browser windows and re-open the browser.

Andre Da Costa, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

How to Clear Chrome Cached Images on Exit?

1. How to Clear Chrome Cached Images on Exit? - Similar Threads - Clear Chrome Cached

2. How to automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit

in Windows 10 News
    How to automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit: [ATTACH]If you want to automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit, here is how you can do that. You can automatically clear Chrome browsing data on exit via Chrome’s Settings panel, or you can set things up with the help of the Local Group Policy Editor and the Registry...
  3. How to clear memory cached files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clear memory cached files?: I'm developing in C++ and C# and working with larger files tens to hundreds of GB and performance is a major issue. However, once a file has been read it is cached in memory and subsequent reads no longer go to disk. This makes it difficult to gauge the performance. For...
  4. clear cache

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clear cache: How do I clear cache in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-cache/88e77c48-6176-469c-815c-2c825048c7fe
  5. How to clear Cache, Cookies, Browsing History in Chrome and Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear Cache, Cookies, Browsing History in Chrome and Firefox: [ATTACH]In our earlier post, we covered the method to delete browsing cache in the Edge browser. On similar lines, we’ll see how to remove cache, […] This article How to clear Cache, Cookies, Browsing History in Chrome and Firefox first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  6. What's The Best Way To Clear Google Chrome Cache

in Browsers and Email
    What's The Best Way To Clear Google Chrome Cache: Hello, I am wondering if anyone can link me to a webpage which shows the best way to clear the Google Chrome cache, and only the cache. I want to keep my search history & all other data. The reason why I want to try to clear up all the cache is because Google Chrome is...
  7. how to clear caches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to clear caches: how to clear caches https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-caches/cfedf7a2-2ec3-465a-ba4e-ce8fce234761
  8. Chrome not deleting cached images and files

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome not deleting cached images and files: I reset my pc a couple of days ago and reinstalled Chrome, everything appeared to be fine but when I was doing a cleanup I deleted the cached images and files in Chrome and they didn't delete like they always have. Maybe a few MB but that's it. Same up to date version of...
  9. how to clear cache and cookies

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to clear cache and cookies: I was advised to clear cache and cookies and do not know how to do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-cache-and-cookies/1946833c-e745-4a34-9457-bf117d70c25f
  10. Clearing cache

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clearing cache: How do I clear cache on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cache/1b4043d8-15be-4402-8bac-078d8b32570c

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete chrome cache silent