Windows 10: How to clear data usage (internet) of a specific app?

Discus and support How to clear data usage (internet) of a specific app? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If you open network and internet options, you can see the data usage over the last 30 days for different apps and I am aware that I can reset the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dennis_joseph, Jan 19, 2021.

1. How to clear data usage (internet) of a specific app?

If you open network and internet options, you can see the data usage over the last 30 days for different apps and I am aware that I can reset the entire thing to 0. But is there a way to reset just an app by deleting cache or something?

submitted by /u/dennis_joseph
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/dennis_joseph, Jan 19, 2021

2. network internet data usage

Hi,

One possible reason why the network data usage isn't showing up may be due to a third party program causing it not to work properly. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Are you using a third party app to monitor your internet usage?
    • Are you on a metered connection? To check, click this
      link
      and follow the steps.

We look forward to your response.

Kristoffer Abs, Jan 19, 2021
  3. Internet data usage

Hi Weon,

It is possible that some of your apps are causing this issue. Some apps are automatically set to do automatic updates. Just to be sure, we recommend that you check the
    Task Manager for apps that might be consuming your data when you are using your computer. To do so, kindly do the following steps:

• Type task manager on the search bar.
    • Click on Task Manager.
    • Click on App history.

Check each app's network activity and network usage for tile updates. If there are apps that are consuming your data even though you're not using them, kindly check and change their update settings. Also, what are the steps that you took to disable the Windows
    Update?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Jan 19, 2021
  4. How to clear data usage (internet) of a specific app?

Data Usage per App

Hi,

This feature does actually still exist, and to know exactly the specific data usage for each of the apps installed, here's how:

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Tap on Network & Wireless.
    3. Select Data Usage.
    4. And tap on the two horizontal lines, showing data percentages.
    From there, all apps will show up with the corresponding data usages.

Let us know if this helps.

- If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem. -

1fd2a083-300f-484f-993e-69f80807585a, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

How to clear data usage (internet) of a specific app?

1. How to clear data usage (internet) of a specific app? - Similar Threads - clear data usage

2. any way to limit data usage for a specific program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    any way to limit data usage for a specific program: is there any way to limit the internet usage and speed for a specific programim asking this because i use wsa and i have a limited internet source...
  3. any way to limit data usage for a specific program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    any way to limit data usage for a specific program: is there any way to limit the internet usage and speed for a specific programim asking this because i use wsa and i have a limited internet source...
  4. Incorrect Statistic in Network & Internet, Data Usage

Incorrect Statistic in Network & Internet, Data Usage: As in this question, same problem occured with me. Follow attached the 1st screen capture.It shows the data usage as 131.17 GB for last 18 days. But as in the 2nd capture, belowOnly I can't see all the usage detail related to those 18 days and if these usages are related to...
  5. How to delete "battery usage per app" and network "Data usage" reports data ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to delete "battery usage per app" and network "Data usage" reports data ?: Hi, How can I delete "battery usage per app" network "Data usage" reports data?I've been struggling for days, and googled a lot but I found nothing.I just don't want Windows to report about my battery and data usage per app, I am concerned for my privacy, and Windows makes...
  6. Data Usage and App History

in Windows 10 Customization
    Data Usage and App History: Windows 10 Home 20H2 19042.844 Hello. I'm having these two issues which may be related. There is no network showing up in the drop down menu that I can select. If I try to switch it on, it goes back to off when I leave the page. App History is also not working. So far I...
  7. Internet Data Usage

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Data Usage: Hello I have a problem with my data usage calculation in settings the data usage says I used 13.20 GB here The problem is that when I try to see what app use that data, It nly show me like 3 GB of usage What is the problem here, please help OS build: 19042.782...
  8. "MpcmdRun.exe" High Internet Data Usage Problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "MpcmdRun.exe" High Internet Data Usage Problem: Hey there, As you can see "mpcmdrun.exe" file using 15gb data per month. I searched it it. Then they told me that is part of win defender. But how could a defender app using 15gb data per month? It must be disabled because I am using third party AV Bitdefender total...
  9. How do I clear app data in Windows 10

How do I clear app data in Windows 10: I was letting my sister use the Facebook app on my Dell Optiplex 780 running Windows 10 but she has her own computer now so she doesn't use it anymore and since then I created a new Facebook for college friends. I would like to log into it. Except that my sister's data is...
  10. Network & Internet not showing data usage properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network & Internet not showing data usage properly: Hey everyone, just built a PC recently with Windows 10 and noticed that data usage is not showing properly. On my other computer it shows an accurate data usage which is helpful. However on the new computer I think it may be a glitch since it's stuck on 2.88 MB for days now...