Windows 10: How to Clear FireFox cache for multiple users with a command/script

Discus and support How to Clear FireFox cache for multiple users with a command/script in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to create a batch file/ powershell script to delete users firefox cache. The main problem I am facing is that the folder that contains... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Damienumc511, Feb 26, 2019.

1. How to Clear FireFox cache for multiple users with a command/script

I am trying to create a batch file/ powershell script to delete users firefox cache.

The main problem I am facing is that the folder that contains the cache is different from user to user.

Currently I have del /f /q %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\*.default\cache2

The wildcard *.default is not working to select folders that end with .default. Any suggestions or other methods of getting this done?

Powershell or Batch solutions welcomed!

:)

Damienumc511, Feb 26, 2019

2. Problems with clearing cache with Microsoft Edge

Hi Destin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to clear the cache from Edge and check if the issue persist.

• Open Edge browser.

• On the top right corner click on the three dots

• Then below click on Settings

• Under clear browsing data

• Tap or click on Choose what to clear

• From the list check cached data
      and files, browsing history

• And click on clear.
    I would also suggest you to clear all temporary files from your computer and check if it helps:

• Press Windows+R key on the keyboard.
    • Type %temp% and hit Enter.

Try the SFC scan to resolve the issue. SFC scans the corrupted files and recover it automatically.

To run the SFC/SCANNOW command in Windows 10:

• Left click on Start button.

• Right click on Command Prompt (Admin) option which will let you run
      'Run as administrator’.

• Command Prompt Window pops up.

• Type: SFC /SCANNOW

You can also follow the link below for reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

I hope the above information was helpful. Get back to us with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Unresponsive script error in Firefox browser

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in Firefox browser. We will help you.

• Are you facing the same issue in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer?
    • Did you try deleting the browsing history and clearing the cache and check if the issue resolves?
    If it works fine in Internet explorer and Microsoft Edge and not in Firefox, I suggest you to
    uninstall the Firefox application and reinstall it and check if the issue persists.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Programs and features.
    • Select the Firefox app and click Uninstall.
    • Restart the machine and reinstall the Firefox and check if the issue persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Jan Del Win User

How to Clear FireFox cache for multiple users with a command/script

Windows Store Broken - Windows Store cache may be damaged

Hi,

Since you already run wsreset.exe, We suggest clearing/deleting the local cache by following these steps:

• Run Command.
    • Click Users.
    • Select the username that you're using to login on the computer.
    • Click AppData.
    • Select Local.
    • Click on Packages.
    • Select on Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe.
    • Click on LocalCache.
    • Delete all files and folders.
    • After you have deleted cache try to open Windows App Store again.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

How to Clear FireFox cache for multiple users with a command/script

1. How to Clear FireFox cache for multiple users with a command/script - Similar Threads - Clear FireFox cache

2. How to clear memory cached files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clear memory cached files?: I'm developing in C++ and C# and working with larger files tens to hundreds of GB and performance is a major issue. However, once a file has been read it is cached in memory and subsequent reads no longer go to disk. This makes it difficult to gauge the performance. For...
  3. How to clear the Cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear the Cache in Windows 10: [ATTACH]There are times when users must make efforts to clear their Windows 10 cache, […] This article How to clear the Cache in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. clear cache

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clear cache: How do I clear cache in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clear-cache/88e77c48-6176-469c-815c-2c825048c7fe
  5. How to clear Cache, Cookies, Browsing History in Chrome and Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear Cache, Cookies, Browsing History in Chrome and Firefox: [ATTACH]In our earlier post, we covered the method to delete browsing cache in the Edge browser. On similar lines, we’ll see how to remove cache, […] This article How to clear Cache, Cookies, Browsing History in Chrome and Firefox first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  6. Clearing update cache

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clearing update cache: I am thinking of cleaning up the update cache i saw how to do it via software distribution folder. I am wondering though is it safe to delete everything in the downloads below is what my folder looks like is it safe to delete everything or should i only delete certain...
  7. how to clear caches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to clear caches: how to clear caches https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-caches/cfedf7a2-2ec3-465a-ba4e-ce8fce234761
  8. how to clear cache and cookies

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to clear cache and cookies: I was advised to clear cache and cookies and do not know how to do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clear-cache-and-cookies/1946833c-e745-4a34-9457-bf117d70c25f
  9. Clear 'Live Tiles' using a script or Command..?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clear 'Live Tiles' using a script or Command..?: Does anyone know how to clear ALL the Live Tiles from the Windows 10 Start Menu using a script or by editing a file/files? Have tried a number of Registry Edits, adding and deleting keys, but to no avail... The goal is to have a Start Menu with no extra space to the right...
  10. Clearing cache

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clearing cache: How do I clear cache on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-cache/1b4043d8-15be-4402-8bac-078d8b32570c