Windows 10: How to clear "Multimedia Devices" in Device and Printers folder?

Discus and support How to clear "Multimedia Devices" in Device and Printers folder? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have 200 bluetooth devices because of some weird bug. They're all offline. How do I delete them all *at once*? I get the option to delete a device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GośćGość, Jul 4, 2021.

1. How to clear "Multimedia Devices" in Device and Printers folder?

I have 200 bluetooth devices because of some weird bug. They're all offline. How do I delete them all *at once*? I get the option to delete a device only when I choose it individually. When I select them all, a "Remove Device" after right clicking them isn't available...

:)

GośćGość, Jul 4, 2021
  2. jimspy Win User

Multimedia Devices

I sheepishly admit that for lo these many years, I have never paid much attention to the listing of "Multimedia Devices" in the "Devices and Printers" listing under Control Panel. Now, however, it matters. I need to know exactly what these icons represent.
    I've always used the old school Windows Media Player, adding tracks to my library from a music folder either local or a defined network drive. What does one do with a Multimedia Device? Can someone point me to a help file that explains this?

jimspy, Jul 4, 2021
  3. usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile How to clear "Multimedia Devices" in Device and Printers folder? :)

zarathustra2012, Jul 4, 2021
  4. S Malik Win User

How to clear "Multimedia Devices" in Device and Printers folder?

Multiple Duplicates in Devices and Printers

In Devices and Printers and under Multimedia Devices, there are multiple icons for multimedia devices. I deleted the excess copies once and left one of each there and they all came back. Any idea on how to stop this behavior?

Attachment 231835

S Malik, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

How to clear "Multimedia Devices" in Device and Printers folder?

1. How to clear "Multimedia Devices" in Device and Printers folder? - Similar Threads - clear Multimedia Devices

2. What is the Fax Device in my Devices and Printers Folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the Fax Device in my Devices and Printers Folder?: What is the Fax Device in my Devices and Printers Folder? Do I need this device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-fax-device-in-my-devices-and-printers/4a9fe67e-6336-4bab-b0a4-aa3e9f9cb9b2
  3. What is the Fax Device in my Devices and Printers Folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is the Fax Device in my Devices and Printers Folder?: What is the Fax Device in my Devices and Printers Folder? Do I need this device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-the-fax-device-in-my-devices-and-printers/4a9fe67e-6336-4bab-b0a4-aa3e9f9cb9b2
  4. What is the Fax Device in my Devices and Printers Folder?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My multimedia devicesUSER-PC are grayed out in Devices and Printers and Device Managers

My multimedia devicesUSER-PC are grayed out in Devices and Printers and Device Managers: How can i enable this thing, because if i did not enable it, my internet connection and camera will also grayed out in device manager, and i will lost internet connection and camera is not detectable, how can i, i really need to fix this thing as soon as possible....
  6. Removing Multimedia Devices in Bulk

Removing Multimedia Devices in Bulk: hi there, this is a multi question i am hoping to get a permanent solution to... so is there a way to 1/ remove these 210 multimedia devices as a bulk eg 100 at a time or ultimately all bar 4 at once?? 2/ stop these from coming back??? i dont know what this devices is or...
  7. Multiple Duplicate Multimedia devices

Multiple Duplicate Multimedia devices: I have searched the web and searched Microsoft answers which was completely useless about my issue that a number of people seem ot be sharing. I have had well over 100 duplicate media devices, namely my smart TV. I have deleted them tididouly several times and they come back...
  8. multimedia devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    multimedia devices: Hello I have here two devices on the network, connected by cable to the router, which are recognized again in win 10 every time I turn on the computer. would be: DLNA-Player-MediaCenter and NET they were recognized only once in win 7 check it out: [ATTACH] Is there a...
  9. Multimedia Devices

Multimedia Devices: I sheepishly admit that for lo these many years, I have never paid much attention to the listing of "Multimedia Devices" in the "Devices and Printers" listing under Control Panel. Now, however, it matters. I need to know exactly what these icons represent. I've always used...
  10. how to delete all multimedia devices?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete all multimedia devices?: [ATTACH] it may be a share problem in LAN. 1.how to stop automatic add unknown devices? 2.it can be delete one by one,how to delete all devices in convenient ways?it affect me to use bluetooth devices. thanks for answer my question!...