Windows 10: How to clear or disable Taskbar Search Box History in Windows 10

Discus and support How to clear or disable Taskbar Search Box History in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you do not want the Search box on your Taskbar to display the History of your searches, then this post will help you. Microsoft allows its users to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 27, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to clear or disable Taskbar Search Box History in Windows 10

If you do not want the Search box on your Taskbar to display the History of your searches, then this post will help you. Microsoft allows its users to be able to make use of both the Start menu and the Taskbar to make searches on Windows 10. Although they both use the same search component, their interface and offerings differ a bit. On the one hand, you find installed programs enlisted in the Start menu, while the search window on the Taskbar showcases the apps that are most frequently used by you on the top, with the most recent searches below it on the left and a quick access menu to the weather or important news on the right.

While some users might find the recent searches that the search bar displays useful, since it allows them to go revisit those topics quickly and conveniently, that may not be the case for all. Others may find it intrusive, in case any sensitive information was searched for and someone else was able to look at it from the search history section. If you belong to the latter group, this post is for you. Today we will discuss how you can disable the search history of the Taskbar search box in Windows 10.

Disable search history of the taskbar search box in Windows 10

Users should note that here, we will be demonstrating how the search history setting displayed on the taskbar search box can be disabled permanently. There is an option for you to remove individual searches too, without getting rid of the feature altogether.

In order to do so, users simply have to drag their cursor to the search entry that they want to remove and click on the ‘X’ icon to the right of the entry. As you will notice, removing a search entry will add a previous entry to the recent searches list. For e.g., if you remove the first entry, the other entries will move up a slot and a new previously searched entry will be found at the bottom.

How to clear or disable Taskbar Search Box History in Windows 10 delete-individual-entries.png

In order to disable the search box’s search history setting, you have to follow the steps below.

1. Search for your Windows settings in the taskbar search box or directly open them using the Windows +’I’ shortcut key.
    2. In the search bar on top of the settings window search for Permissions & History.
    3. Scroll down to the history sub-head.
    4. Toggle off the option that says store the Search history of this device.
    5. If you want to delete the search history that has been cataloged by your computer to date, you can click on the Clear device search history button.
    6. If you choose to reactivate this feature at a later date and not clear your existing history, then you will see those searches again.

How to clear or disable Taskbar Search Box History in Windows 10 disable-search-history.png

You can now close your settings page and open the search box to find that the section where the search history used to appear previously has now disappeared and below the Top apps section are the Quick searches.

How to clear or disable Taskbar Search Box History in Windows 10 after-search-history-is-disabled.png

We hope that you will now be able to easily disable search history on your taskbar’s search box. The picture above is an example of how the search field menu is going to look once the search history has been disabled.

This way, you can prevent your search activities from being tracked and synced by your Windows 10 computer.

How to clear or disable Taskbar Search Box History in Windows 10 disable-search-history.png
    This article How to clear or disable Taskbar Search Box History in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 27, 2021

2. How do disable search history in file explorer?

Hello, I was wondering how do I completely disable the search history in the search box in file explorer? I found this guide, but this is for erasing only. Clear File Explorer History in Windows 10 Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

I want to completely disable the search function. Windows 8 had this option: Search Suggestions in File Explorer - Enable or Disable in Windows 8 but it didn't work for Windows 10.

Thank you!

windows8thumba, May 27, 2021
  3. acomic Win User
    acomic, May 27, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft rolls out Windows Search Box recent searches in Windows 10

Source: Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 20236 | Windows Insider Blog

Hide or Show Search Box or Search Icon on Taskbar in Windows 10

How to Turn On or Off Device Search History in Windows 10

How to Clear Your Device Search History in Windows 10

Brink, May 27, 2021
Thema:

1. How to clear or disable Taskbar Search Box History in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - clear disable Taskbar

2. clear history search \ windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    clear history search \ windows 10 not working: Hello It is here in the photo clear search device history Not working it seems to me as if it was disabled ! Is not there another way to delete the history search in windows 10 ?The way shown in the photo below is not working I tried it more than hundred time and every time I...
  3. clear history search \ windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clear history search \ windows 10 not working: Hello It is here in the photo clear search device history Not working it seems to me as if it was disabled ! Is not there another way to delete the history search in windows 10 ?The way shown in the photo below is not working I tried it more than hundred time and every time I...
  4. clear history search \ windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clear history search \ windows 10 not working: Hello It is here in the photo clear search device history Not working it seems to me as if it was disabled ! Is there another way to delete the history search in windows 10 The way shown in the photo below is not working I tried it than hundred time and every time I write...
  5. How to disable Recent Search icon History in Windows 11 Taskbar

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Recent Search icon History in Windows 11 Taskbar: [ATTACH]Windows 11 shows the recent search history when you hover your mouse cursor over the Taskbar search icon. If you do not want the Search icon to show your recent search history, you can disable it. This guide will help you learn how to enable and disable the recent...
  6. How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in Taskbar search box in Windows 10: Windows Search can show search results from your cloud storage accounts. However, if you want to enable or disable Cloud Content Search in the Taskbar search box, here is how you can do that. It is possible to turn it on or off using Windows Settings, Registry Editor, and...
  7. How to clear Windows 10 Search History and remove Recent Activities

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear Windows 10 Search History and remove Recent Activities: [ATTACH]If you want to clear Windows Search or device search history, then this article […] This article How to clear Windows 10 Search History and remove Recent Activities first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  8. Clear Search History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clear Search History: I don't mean Bing or Google. I refer to the word search from within File History. In the upper right corner. As I remember, I used to be able to hover over an item in the drop down list and hit the Delete key....
  9. clearing search history not clearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    clearing search history not clearing: I have tried the *** under history I still have search data. I have tried logging onto Microsoft to clear but the history still remains How do I clear this search history and keep it from storing?...
  10. Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10: How to: Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10 How to Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10 taskbar to find help, apps, files, settingsyou name it. You can also get quick answers from the weblike weather, stock prices,...