Windows 10: How to clear recent list in windows search result of Photos?

Discus and support How to clear recent list in windows search result of Photos? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; when I search for Photos app then list of recent file pops up...…. How to clear it I have not enough time to delete one by one... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PrashantPrajapati1, Jan 31, 2021.

1. How to clear recent list in windows search result of Photos?

when I search for Photos app then list of recent file pops up...….

How to clear it

I have not enough time to delete one by one

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_cortana/how-to-clear-recent-files-list-in-search-box/d624f90c-173a-4913-9301-ec5c6ef5a530 this is also not working as there is no “Stop getting to know me” button How to clear recent list in windows search result of Photos? b767ae87-3609-4edf-a1b6-d84483c9e78c?upload=true.png

:)

PrashantPrajapati1, Jan 31, 2021

2. How to clear recent files list in search box result?

Hello, when I use the "Type here to search" in my task bar to find an app, it always shows a list of recent opened files. I want to learn how can I disable this feature or clear the list, cause there are some files I have deleted but they still appear in
    the list and I can not remove them.

How to clear recent list in windows search result of Photos? 566ff6ab-596d-43ed-a8fa-67847c59d4d7?upload=true.jpg

AldrichTang, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To clear the Recent Docs list in Wordpad, please refer the steps mentioned below:

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take backup of registry.

1. Close Wordpad.
    2. Type Command Prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    3. Right click on the Command Prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    4. Now, copy the following command and paste in Command Prompt window:
      cmd /k reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Wordpad\Recent File List" /f
      and hit Enter.
    5. After executing the command, restart the computer, open
      Wordpad and check Recent Docs list.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 31, 2021
  4. slozomby Win User

How to clear recent list in windows search result of Photos?

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

How to clear recent list in windows search result of Photos?

1. How to clear recent list in windows search result of Photos? - Similar Threads - clear recent list

2. How to delete recent open files list of an app in search box result in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete recent open files list of an app in search box result in windows 11: https://i.imgur.com/zNLxJtF.pngI have such a huge list of recent files in my vlc and pot media player, I want to delete them all at once but it seems harder than I thought, I've tried deleting search history in Settings, and disabled the show recently used files in File...
  3. How to delete recent open files list of an app in search box result in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete recent open files list of an app in search box result in windows 11: https://i.imgur.com/zNLxJtF.pngI have such a huge list of recent files in my vlc and pot media player, I want to delete them all at once but it seems harder than I thought, I've tried deleting search history in Settings, and disabled the show recently used files in File...
  4. How to clear the Paint recent file list in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear the Paint recent file list in Windows 11?: When I google for that exact question there are loads of web pages giving an answer, and it's to use regedit and search forHKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Paint\Recent File ListThe thing is, when I open that path, there is no "Paint" under...
  5. How to clear the Paint recent file list in Windows 11?

How to clear the Paint recent file list in Windows 11?: When I google for that exact question there are loads of web pages giving an answer, and it's to use regedit and search forHKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Applets\Paint\Recent File ListThe thing is, when I open that path, there is no "Paint" under...
  6. How to clear Windows 10 Search History and remove Recent Activities

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear Windows 10 Search History and remove Recent Activities: [ATTACH]If you want to clear Windows Search or device search history, then this article […] This article How to clear Windows 10 Search History and remove Recent Activities first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Programs in Start menu not listed in search results

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Programs in Start menu not listed in search results: I just upgraded to Windows 10 and I'm still trying to get used to everything that's changed since 7. I'm used to being able to just hit the Windows key on my keyboard to bring up the Start menu, start typing the name of a program that I know has a shortcut in the start menu,...
  8. How to clear recent files list in search box result?

in Cortana
    How to clear recent files list in search box result?: Hello, when I use the "Type here to search" in my task bar to find an app, it always shows a list of recent opened files. I want to learn how can I disable this feature or clear the list, cause there are some files I have deleted but they still appear in the list and I can...
  9. How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?

How to clear Recent Docs list in Wordpad?: How do you close a single file and/or clear a file from the Recent Docs list in Wordpad? This applies to using Wordpad from any device. ***Modified title from: Closing files in Wordpad ***...
  10. Disable Photos from Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Photos from Search Results: Is there any way to adjust what is shown in the search results? I don't like photos popping up when I'm just trying to open a program. 67472