Windows 10: How to clear space

Discus and support How to clear space in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; A few days ago, my computer started running really slowly but today i checked my storage and the temporary files section had skyrocketed to be 1.04 TB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Todosansy, Aug 17, 2020.

1. How to clear space

A few days ago, my computer started running really slowly but today i checked my storage and the temporary files section had skyrocketed to be 1.04 TB large. I did the disk clean that windows gives you but it barely freed up any space. I ran a malware scan and it came back completely negative. Any idea on how this happened and how can i fix it?

submitted by /u/Todosansy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Todosansy, Aug 17, 2020

2. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, Aug 17, 2020
  3. Accidentally Cancelled An Update - Which files can be removed to clear space

• Right-click start and choose "Run" then type cleanmgr ("cleanup manager") and click OK.
    • If asked to choose a drive, pick your C: drive (or wherever Windows is installed).
    • In the popup, ignore everything and click the "Clean up system files" button. Don't miss this step.
    • Now you can select all the update-related stuff above to clear it out (or clear it all, all of it is safe to remove if you want to free space).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Aug 17, 2020
  4. How to clear space

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 17, 2020
Thema:

How to clear space

1. How to clear space - Similar Threads - clear space

2. Can't clear space in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't clear space in Onedrive: I keep deleting large files, and emptying the bin so that I clear over 90% of the storage space by wiping all photos, but a week or so later, I'll always get a notification that the storage is full and that my access will be removed by a certain date? How do I delete these...
  3. Can't clear space in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't clear space in Onedrive: I keep deleting large files, and emptying the bin so that I clear over 90% of the storage space by wiping all photos, but a week or so later, I'll always get a notification that the storage is full and that my access will be removed by a certain date? How do I delete these...
  4. How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?: So, I tried to desync Onedrive because it keeps trying to charge me for more storage space even though it uses my memory and now I can't send or recieve emails. The problem is that almost all my files are in the "OneDrive - Personal" folder and it vanishes if I try to desync....
  5. How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?: So, I tried to desync Onedrive because it keeps trying to charge me for more storage space even though it uses my memory and now I can't send or recieve emails. The problem is that almost all my files are in the "OneDrive - Personal" folder and it vanishes if I try to desync....
  6. How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?

7. System files taking up over 200gb of space, how do I clear it up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System files taking up over 200gb of space, how do I clear it up?: My laptop only has a 500gb SSD storage, I currently have 2 games installed and the rest are microsoft apps and some game launchers but my storage capacity is almost full and upon checking my storage System Files is taking up around 200gb of storage even though windows11 is...
  8. System files taking up over 200gb of space, how do I clear it up?

System files taking up over 200gb of space, how do I clear it up?: My laptop only has a 500gb SSD storage, I currently have 2 games installed and the rest are microsoft apps and some game launchers but my storage capacity is almost full and upon checking my storage System Files is taking up around 200gb of storage even though windows11 is...
  9. How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?: My storage is full and I just want to clear everything on it so I can send and recieve e-mails again properly, but whatever I delete from Onedrive is deleted from my local files. Also, my local documents folder just contains a shortcut to the Onedrive folder, and I don't know...
  10. How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear space from Onedrive leaving my local files intact?: My storage is full and I just want to clear everything on it so I can send and recieve e-mails again properly, but whatever I delete from Onedrive is deleted from my local files. Also, my local documents folder just contains a shortcut to the Onedrive folder, and I don't know...