Windows 10: How to clear the Display Profile entry?

Discus and support How to clear the Display Profile entry? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; A few months ago I had to calibrate a very old monitor using a Spyder and calibration software and since then that monitor has died. I removed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by orlando1974, May 12, 2020.

1. How to clear the Display Profile entry?

A few months ago I had to calibrate a very old monitor using a Spyder and calibration software and since then that monitor has died. I removed the calibration software but somehow the "profile" i had created seems sticky. Can't delete it. It may not have any impact on performance but I would like to tidy things up and delete this entry. Anyone know how?

How to clear the Display Profile entry? [​IMG]

:)

orlando1974, May 12, 2020

2. CCC Profiles that disappear

id suggest a spyware check

eidairaman1, May 12, 2020
  3. Clear Pagefile on Shutdown

I've been looking into clearing the pagefile, and I found the following steps at a somewhat dated webpage:
    1. In the registry editor, navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management
    2. Set ClearPageFileAtShutdown to the REG_DWORD value of 1.
    3. Restart Windows.
    I'm just wondering whether those steps are still valid, and, if so, does clearing the pagefile work as advertised?

gregyurkon, May 12, 2020
  4. kormath Win User

How to clear the Display Profile entry?

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How to clear the Display Profile entry? :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, May 12, 2020
Thema:

How to clear the Display Profile entry?

1. How to clear the Display Profile entry? - Similar Threads - clear Display Profile

2. How clear all data from administrator profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How clear all data from administrator profile: I was using an administrator profile in past now I created my new profile so how to clear data from the administrator profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-clear-all-data-from-administrator-profile/f6ed8484-a1b3-4c4f-817e-3cd601e66d81
  3. How clear all data from administrator profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How clear all data from administrator profile: I was using an administrator profile in past now I created my new profile so how to clear data from the administrator profile https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-clear-all-data-from-administrator-profile/f6ed8484-a1b3-4c4f-817e-3cd601e66d81
  4. How clear all data from administrator profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to display all cached DNS entries on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    How to display all cached DNS entries on Windows: The Windows operating system uses a cache for DNS entries. DNS (Domain Name System) is a core technology of the Internet that is being used for communication. In particular, it is used to lookup IP addresses of domain names. [ATTACH] When users type a domain name in the...
  6. Clear "Run" dialog entries?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clear "Run" dialog entries?: Does anyone know to how definitively clear the "Run" dialog box of all entries? Example: I press Win+R, then type "c" by itself, and these entries appear: https://i.imgur.com/lveQOYR.png Looking for a real way to clear them (but not disable them). The entries do NOT appear...
  7. How to clear the Display cache in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to clear the Display cache in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The Windows Display Cache contains all the data related to your computer display. It helps the computer to remember what mode and resolution to use when a particular display output is detected. This helps avoid the hassle of manually applying [...] This post...
  8. Display Text Not Clear

in Windows 10 Support
    Display Text Not Clear: My HP Envy laptop has just undergone servicing and a Windows re-install, so I'm starting from scratch. The one thing I haven't been able to adjust is the text displayed inside various windows; e.g. Windows Explorer. The text graphics are crude and simple and kind of ugly....
  9. Microsoft Edge Browser - Clear Select Autocomplete Entries ?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge Browser - Clear Select Autocomplete Entries ?: On the new Edge browser how in the world do you clear select autocomplete entries? I can highlight them with the arrow keys but have now clue how to delete individual autocomplete entries. I know that you can clear all under the settings but I only want to delete certain...
  10. Clearing event viewer entries

in Windows 10 Support
    Clearing event viewer entries: How can I construct a .bat file to clear entries in the event viewer. Thanks 12367