Windows 10: How to clear Windows 10 Search History and remove Recent Activities

Discus and support How to clear Windows 10 Search History and remove Recent Activities in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you want to clear Windows Search or device search history, then this article […] This article How to clear Windows 10 Search History and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 26, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to clear Windows 10 Search History and remove Recent Activities

WinClub, Dec 26, 2020
  2. acomic Win User

File explorer search history is not clearing

Hi

I have gone through all the steps in the following thread, but my file search history is not clearing or updating. Search terms clear, but the old search reappears with deleted files on it.

Search History in File Explorer - Clear in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Any help would be appreciated.

acomic, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 November Update 2019 19h2 Clear Activity History Removed

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to clearing Activity History of your Microsoft Account on Windows.

As the option has been removed from Privacy settings under Windows 10, one of the workarounds that you can try is to clear the Activity History manually from the Microsoft Account webpage.

1. Sign in to
      https://account.microsoft.com/privacy/activity-history

2. Under Explore your data click on
      Apps and Services

3. On the right hand side click on Clear activity
    4. Click on Clear to confirm

However, I understand the importance of the feature for you. I would suggest you to submit a feedback using the

Feedback Hub app
    on Windows 10, so that our engineering team can look into this and try to implement the changes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 26, 2020
  4. How to clear Windows 10 Search History and remove Recent Activities

How to clear recent file history from apps in the taskbar?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to remove the recent history in the task bar.

• Right click on the icon list which you don’t want to display.
    • Choose remove from the list or unpin the icon accordingly and check if it helps.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

How to clear Windows 10 Search History and remove Recent Activities

1. How to clear Windows 10 Search History and remove Recent Activities - Similar Threads - clear Search History

2. clear history search \ windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    clear history search \ windows 10 not working: Hello It is here in the photo clear search device history Not working it seems to me as if it was disabled ! Is not there another way to delete the history search in windows 10 ?The way shown in the photo below is not working I tried it more than hundred time and every time I...
  3. clear history search \ windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    clear history search \ windows 10 not working: Hello It is here in the photo clear search device history Not working it seems to me as if it was disabled ! Is not there another way to delete the history search in windows 10 ?The way shown in the photo below is not working I tried it more than hundred time and every time I...
  4. clear history search \ windows 10 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    clear history search \ windows 10 not working: Hello It is here in the photo clear search device history Not working it seems to me as if it was disabled ! Is there another way to delete the history search in windows 10 The way shown in the photo below is not working I tried it than hundred time and every time I write...
  5. Clearing my browser history on privacy doesn't remove it on activity history

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Clearing my browser history on privacy doesn't remove it on activity history: Can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clearing-my-browser-history-on-privacy-doesnt/4972af84-0e69-4059-bc26-6bc4934404dd
  6. Clear Search History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Clear Search History: I don't mean Bing or Google. I refer to the word search from within File History. In the upper right corner. As I remember, I used to be able to hover over an item in the drop down list and hit the Delete key....
  7. clearing search history not clearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    clearing search history not clearing: I have tried the *** under history I still have search data. I have tried logging onto Microsoft to clear but the history still remains How do I clear this search history and keep it from storing?...
  8. Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10: How to: Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10 How to Clear Your Search History for On-device Searches in Windows 10 taskbar to find help, apps, files, settingsyou name it. You can also get quick answers from the weblike weather, stock prices,...
  9. Clear Recent Colors History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Recent Colors History in Windows 10: How to: Clear Recent Colors History in Windows 10 How to Clear Recent Colors History in Windows 10 [img] Information To change your accent color in Windows 10, you can either select from Windows colors, a custom color, or let Windows automatically pick an accent color...
  10. Clear Activity History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Clear Activity History in Windows 10: How to: Clear Activity History from Cloud in Windows 10 How to Clear Your Activity History from Cloud in Windows 10 Starting with let you pick up where you left off. Your collected activity history allows you to jump back into what you were doing with apps, docs, or...