Windows 10: how to click next to view pictures in a folder?

Discus and support how to click next to view pictures in a folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It used to do that, I click on a picture in a folder of pictures, the picture loads in a window, and there was a way to view the next picture or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sdowney717, Sep 27, 2019.

1. how to click next to view pictures in a folder?

It used to do that, I click on a picture in a folder of pictures, the picture loads in a window, and there was a way to view the next picture or the previous picture. Not it seems to open a single picture in a windows 10 editor?

:)

sdowney717, Sep 27, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Sep 27, 2019
  4. mrgeek Win User

how to click next to view pictures in a folder?

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

how to click next to view pictures in a folder?

1. how to click next to view pictures in a folder? - Similar Threads - click next view

2. Unable to view all pictures in a folder on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to view all pictures in a folder on OneDrive: I have about 100 pictures in a folder on Onedrive via Outlook.com. I can view about 60-70 by using the arrow key. Then it stalls. It doesn't matter whether I am on Win 10 or 11 pro. It's frustrating. At first, I thought the folder was too big but reducing the number of...
  3. Unable to view all pictures in a folder on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to view all pictures in a folder on OneDrive: I have about 100 pictures in a folder on Onedrive via Outlook.com. I can view about 60-70 by using the arrow key. Then it stalls. It doesn't matter whether I am on Win 10 or 11 pro. It's frustrating. At first, I thought the folder was too big but reducing the number of...
  4. How to show a picture-on-picture folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to show a picture-on-picture folders: That was a question I needed answering.I went to 22h2, they automatically appeared,now back to 21h2, how do i show a picture in or on the plain vanilla folders....
  5. How to show a picture-on-picture folders

How to show a picture-on-picture folders: That was a question I needed answering.I went to 22h2, they automatically appeared,now back to 21h2, how do i show a picture in or on the plain vanilla folders....
  6. Viewing /editing/ printing files in my Pictures folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Viewing /editing/ printing files in my Pictures folder: Suddenly after latest update perhaps?, I no longer get a choice of option when I right click on a picture jpg or png or gif file in my Picture folder. The "Open with" option to choose between Picassa, Photo Viewer, Picture Manage etc no longer appears. There is no "Open...
  7. How to view Apple's .HEIC pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    How to view Apple's .HEIC pictures: Students are sending me homework as .HEIC pictures. According to How-to Geek, this is easy if you have the April 2018 update of Win 10 (mine: Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362). However, I can't find where the button to "Click the 'Download codecs at Microsoft Store' link in...
  8. Can't view any pictures when I click on them.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't view any pictures when I click on them.: Every time I try to view a picture, photo, or download on file explorer I get a pop up that says invalid view for registry. I'm really confused and stressed what's wrong? Please simplify your answer....
  9. View pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    View pictures: How come there is'nt a standard program installed for the simple task of viewing a god damn picture in the even more stupid windows 10? Please explain the motivation behind that....
  10. Viewing pictures

Viewing pictures: I have an ACDsee picture viewer that I like to use, but everytime I click on a picture the windows photo viewer shows the picture, how can I stop this and view my picture in ACDsee 25875