Windows 10: How to Clone Dual-Boot HDD to SDD Using Macrium Reflect?

Discus and support How to Clone Dual-Boot HDD to SDD Using Macrium Reflect? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hello, I want to clone a 500GB internal HDD with three partitions to a 2TB SDD using Macrium Reflect. Windows 10 boot view: Vista (D:) Active, Data... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by eeh, Sep 12, 2019.

1. EEH
    eeh Win User

How to Clone Dual-Boot HDD to SDD Using Macrium Reflect?

Hello,
    I want to clone a 500GB internal HDD with three partitions to a 2TB SDD using Macrium Reflect.
    Windows 10 boot view:
    Vista (DHow to Clone Dual-Boot HDD to SDD Using Macrium Reflect? :) Active, Data (EHow to Clone Dual-Boot HDD to SDD Using Macrium Reflect? :) Primary, Windows 10 (CHow to Clone Dual-Boot HDD to SDD Using Macrium Reflect? :) Primary.
    I created a Macrium Rescue Disk from within Windows 10. When booting into WinPE using the Rescue Disk, the drive letters are changed to:
    Vista (CHow to Clone Dual-Boot HDD to SDD Using Macrium Reflect? :) Active, Data (DHow to Clone Dual-Boot HDD to SDD Using Macrium Reflect? :) Primary, Windows 10 (EHow to Clone Dual-Boot HDD to SDD Using Macrium Reflect? :) Primary.
    Should I simply put the SSD in a USB enclosure, then clone the entire HDD over to it?
    Will the drive letters be wrong on the clone, and if so, can I change them afterwards? Is that even an issue?
    Note: Vista is the original OS. I am keeping the partition as I want to install a Linux distro in it later on.

Thank you,
    Eric

:)

2. HDD to SDD OS transfer

I am trying to clone (or even image) my 1TB-HDD to a Kingston 120GB-SDD. Space is not issue as I'm only using 70GB on the HDD. My problem is sector size. My HDD sectors are 512 (not 512e) and the SDD sectors are 4096. I'm also unable to use my system image/backup
    because it is on a HDD with the same sector size (512). I've tried a number of cloning programs, including Macrium Reflect, with no success. Is there a way around this?

CharlesReeps, Sep 12, 2019
  3. buitive Win User
    Dual boot and cloneing

I seek advice about the possibility of setting up a dual boot system on my existing Windows 10 64 bit pc.

I have an old redundant PC which I built in 2009 Windows 7 Professional 32bit OS installed.

I no longer possess the installation disc and am therefore considering cloning the OS and installing this onto my current PC provided that this difference in bit rate could be tolerated.

So my first question is can I set up a dual boot system incorporating both 64 and 32 bit systems? If not, I have 4 hard drives, small SSDs, and 2 x1TB 2 HDDs, so if necessary I would be willing to dedicate
    one SSD to accommodate the Windows 7 32 bit OS.

My second question is how do I set up a dual boot system?

The third question is, could I use Macrium Reflect (free issue) software to clone and if not can you suggest an alternative free system?

buitive, Sep 12, 2019
  4. nicktheos Win User

Cloned Upgrade SSD does not boot in Windows 10

Few days ago I decided to upgrade my laptop and replace the HDD with a SSD.

I have cloned my Toshiba Equium U400 HDD to Samsung EVO 860 SSD twice: Once with AOMEI Backupper Pro cloning solution and a second time with Macrium Reflect. In both cases, the computer when trying to boot after I replace the HDD with the SDD cannot find
    the operating system. I noticed in the Disk Management utility that the C drive clone on the SSD is not bootable as the original C drive.

Anyone knows what is the trick to make the SSD C drive clone bootable?

Info: HDD 160GB Hitachi

SSD: Samsung EVO 860 250GB

nicktheos, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Clone Dual-Boot HDD to SDD Using Macrium Reflect? - Similar Threads - Clone Dual Boot

2. Times to clone with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Times to clone with Macrium Reflect: Due to a corrupt SSD I have installed Macrium Reflect app and started doing a clone of the SDD. I'm doing the clone to an older HDD, which I used as an OS drive before. My plan was to make this clone, and if it succeeded and was bootable, clone this to a new SDD. But the...
  3. Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problem Cloning HDD to SSD with Macrium Reflect Free: Hi Everyone! My new post today is a follow up from this thread where I had successfully cloned my Hard Disk Drive to an SSD Drive with the same capacity of 1 TB. However, this post isn't about my computer, as it's still working like a racehorse with the newly installed SSD....
  4. Updating a Macrium Reflect Clone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Updating a Macrium Reflect Clone: OK, after a couple of decades of using FSS Developments Casper to backup and restore my computers, I took the plunge and bought a single licence for Macrium Reflect Home v 7.3.5289 in the Halloween sale. I've unistalled Casper on my ThinkPad T450s with 1 TB SSD running W10...
  5. Macrium Reflect Clone Attempt Wiped My HDD

Macrium Reflect Clone Attempt Wiped My HDD: Hi, This morning, I tried to use Reflect to clone my HDD to an NVME. The clone attempt failed for some XML reason. After I clicked, OK, my HDD was empty: [img] Only one file appeared on the drive, a log: [img] I'm at a loss here and trying not to freak out. I did see...
  6. Macrium Cloned HDD to SDD - User Password Incorrect

Macrium Cloned HDD to SDD - User Password Incorrect: Well, after what I thought had been a successful transfer of my HDD to a new SDD, I managed a whole day before problems have arisen!!! When I first logged in, no problem as Windows accepted my login passcode. However, a few hours later when I woke the laptop, it kept giving...
  7. Macrium Reflect clone question

Macrium Reflect clone question: Hi, I just cloned a 500gb disk to another disk of the same size using v7.2.4601. Clone finished fine, both disks boot ok, however the disk utilization is much higher on the source disk. 297gb(source) vs 64gb(target) - Wondering what did not get copied, or what is using up...
  8. cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect

cloning hard drive with Macrium Reflect: I am wanting to clone my hard drive and put it on another computer. I think I get it cloned on a external hd. I have made a boot cd. Now here is my problem I don't know how to get it to transfer to the new hd on the new computer. The cd ask wish image to tranfer but there is...
  9. Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question

Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question: I'm a new user to Macrium but so far so good, I've cloned my laptop HDD to an external HDD with no problems. I also created a rescue usb drive. Now I'm intending to fit an SSD to my laptop so here's my question ...can I fit the "blank" SSD to my laptop then boot up with the...
  10. Macrium Reflect - Use Macrium Image to set up Dual / Multi Boot

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Macrium Reflect - Use Macrium Image to set up Dual / Multi Boot: How to: Macrium Reflect - Use Macrium Image to set up Dual / Multi Boot [img] Information If you ask me, Macrium Reflect should be obligatory, first application installed after installing Windows 10. Users often think it as just another backup application but in fact...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. macrium reflect dual boot clone

2. transfer dual boot to ssd with macrium reflect

3. macrium 4096

4. macrium reflect dualboot clone,
  5. macrium cloning dual boot