Windows 10: How to clone on software program?

Discus and support How to clone on software program? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I recently bought Win 10 desktop. Installed a unique software program from some time ago. I would like to preserve it in the state it is in now and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Smorton, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Smorton Win User

How to clone on software program?

I recently bought Win 10 desktop. Installed a unique software program from some time ago. I would like to preserve it in the state it is in now and have it cloned somehow so I recovered it later if necessary. I bought the program and modified it a little. Is is not supported by the manufacturer anymore.

Any thought on how to clone this program? Or best to clone entire C drive with Macrium or Acronis? Then would one of these allow me to just to recover the single program in the future?

Thank you.

SM

:)

Smorton, Jan 16, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Installing The SSD - Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Need network drive cloning software

I'm looking into putting some backup storage at work and want some drive cloning software. Looking for something that will clone any drive over the network and be able to do it while the drive is running/has programs running on a schedule. Anyone got any ideas?

DonInKansas, Jan 16, 2019
  4. How to clone on software program?

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

How to clone on software program?

1. How to clone on software program? - Similar Threads - clone software program

2. Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86): I just installed a software package published by a company that caters mainly to Mac users and (in my opinion) really doesn't understand Windows well. By default, their installer (install.exe) chooses C:\Program Files(x86)\xyz as the install directory, where let's say xyz is...
  3. Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86)

in Windows 10 Support
    Software that installs in Program Files or Program Files(x86): I just installed a software package published by a company that caters mainly to Mac users and (in my opinion) really doesn't understand Windows well. By default, their installer (install.exe) chooses C:\Program Files(x86)\xyz as the install directory, where let's say xyz is...
  4. Program for Majestic software KHS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Program for Majestic software KHS: I am unable to log in to my Majestic software account "KHS. I keep getting a message: Function argument value, type, or count is invalid ... Need help to correct this problem...
  5. How to Uninstall Software Program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Uninstall Software Program: How do you uninstall a pesky third party software program in Windows 10? The program came with the PC; clicked on it to see what it was about and unfortunately could not uninstall it. When we tried to uninstall it, the program's Install Wizard Shield appeared; selected...
  6. Image cloning/backup software recommendation sought

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Image cloning/backup software recommendation sought: I am looking at Acronis or Macrium. Any thoughts? Is the free version of Macrium good or should I buy one. Many thanks SM 125805
  7. Newbie: Programming software/websites?

Newbie: Programming software/websites?: Hello, I am currently in the hospital and have limited access. IE 11 on Win7 and limite SSL support. Lynda.com works which is a huge bonus. I want to pickup a programming language while I am here. Is there a website I can use to test/learn in conjunction with Lynda.com? I was...
  8. Recommended program(s) for uninstalling programs/software?

Recommended program(s) for uninstalling programs/software?: Hey guys, Just upgraded to Windows 10. I want a good program that really uninstalls and removes all the junk that programs leave behind - I feel like the Windows program uninstaller doesn't do this (although correct me if I am wrong). I just want to keep this PC as clean...
  9. How do you clone a Hard drive with EaseUS? Or any other software!

How do you clone a Hard drive with EaseUS? Or any other software!: How do you clone a Hard drive with EaseUS? Or any other software! Do you just scan hard drive for files Etc. and export the results on to your external hard drive. Thank you in advance. [img] [img] [img] 29724
  10. Recommendations on Cloning Software

Recommendations on Cloning Software: Hello, I am a Mac person, but trying to learn more about supporting Windows. I am looking for recommendations on finding good cloning software for PCs. On Mac, we have CCC which is a dream to use! Also, I am looking for a solution that is stable, idiot-proof, and...