Windows 10: How to clone on software program?

Discus and support How to clone on software program? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I recently bought Win 10 desktop. Installed a unique software program from some time ago. I would like to preserve it in the state it is in now and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Smorton, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Smorton Win User

How to clone on software program?

I recently bought Win 10 desktop. Installed a unique software program from some time ago. I would like to preserve it in the state it is in now and have it cloned somehow so I recovered it later if necessary. I bought the program and modified it a little. Is is not supported by the manufacturer anymore.

Any thought on how to clone this program? Or best to clone entire C drive with Macrium or Acronis? Then would one of these allow me to just to recover the single program in the future?

Thank you.

SM

:)

Smorton, Jan 16, 2019
  2. cadaveca Win User

Moving to SSD. Clone or not to clone?

I kinda agree with you, but on a wholr, do not. While I have done things a bit differently than this specific situation, by installing Windows directly to the SSD, and cloning after, my testing shows that there are no issues doing this, very little that can go wrong, provided your system is stable.

There are certain features that must be disabled in this situation, like auto defrag and such, but even with a fresh install to the SSD, you need to take steps to ensure that you SSD performs properly, regardless of how the data got there.

Arming yourself with a bit of knowledge can go a long way.

Installing the latest chipset driver, and the RST Tools, will ensure optimal performance of the SSD. but rather than taking my advice, I suggest the OP takes a look here:

http://blogs.dirteam.com/blogs/sand...7-and-ssds-to-clone-windows-or-reinstall.aspx

Installing The SSD - Install A Solid State Drive In Your Notebook

Keep in mind, also, Digibucc, that many retail drives include software and such that very specifically is to be used to ttranser the OS from an existing mechanical drive to an SSD, and if there really was alot fo issues stemming from the cloning process, they would not have packages like that, simply to eliminate tech support costs. While not the optimal option, cloning is NOT a bad thing, as long as you take the nessecary steps.

cadaveca, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Need network drive cloning software

I'm looking into putting some backup storage at work and want some drive cloning software. Looking for something that will clone any drive over the network and be able to do it while the drive is running/has programs running on a schedule. Anyone got any ideas?

DonInKansas, Jan 16, 2019
  4. How to clone on software program?

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

How to clone on software program?

1. How to clone on software program? - Similar Threads - clone software program

2. Software for clone HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Software for clone HDD: Windows version 1909 (build 18363 1256) Good morning I am looking for software that can clone my HDD to USB external HDD. (I see there is a lot of them) but I need one that if my laptop HDD crash, I can just put the USB external HDD in and Clone it back to the laptop HDD....
  3. Samsung data migration software clone

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Samsung data migration software clone: Cloning to my new samsung 860 EVO using their software, for one of my 5 PC's Seems very easy. software is saying about ah hour to finish. My spinner drive has gotten slow to the point of why put up with it anymore. Running latest oct update 2020 win 10 2H2O 2OH2 or whatever...
  4. Samsung data migration software clone

in Windows 10 Support
    Samsung data migration software clone: Cloning to my new samsung 860 EVO using their software, for one of my 5 PC's Seems very easy. software is saying about ah hour to finish. My spinner drive has gotten slow to the point of why put up with it anymore. Running latest oct update 2020 win 10 2H2O 2OH2 or whatever...
  5. Need recommendation for cloning software

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need recommendation for cloning software: I want to buy an SSD and transfer my OS (windows 10) and all the apps that come with it from the HDD to the SSD and that be my main hard drive and keep my HHD as extra storage. Which cloning software would you recommend for that? submitted by /u/ikrarmy [link] [comments]...
  6. Program software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Program software: My computer is not connected to the internet. How do I install the program software on it.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/program-software/eb420e1f-fcc3-431b-bb71-febffaba127a
  7. Disk cloning NVMe drives - veteren level - best cloning software?

Disk cloning NVMe drives - veteren level - best cloning software?: I'm currently posting this from a relatively high end laptop with three SSDs in it. I know how to clone hard drives and have done so for years. As a consultant, I went out and bought a SATA cloning port and would image my boot drives all day long. I simply cannot tolerate the...
  8. Clone software

Clone software: I intend to clone my c drive, but I don't know which and where to download clone software to use. Any good and freeware clone software to recommendation ? 146263
  9. How to Uninstall Software Program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Uninstall Software Program: How do you uninstall a pesky third party software program in Windows 10? The program came with the PC; clicked on it to see what it was about and unfortunately could not uninstall it. When we tried to uninstall it, the program's Install Wizard Shield appeared; selected...
  10. Recommendations on Cloning Software

Recommendations on Cloning Software: Hello, I am a Mac person, but trying to learn more about supporting Windows. I am looking for recommendations on finding good cloning software for PCs. On Mac, we have CCC which is a dream to use! Also, I am looking for a solution that is stable, idiot-proof, and...