Windows 10: How to clone Windows 10 with Clonezilla

Discus and support How to clone Windows 10 with Clonezilla in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; Last Updated on April 24, 2019If you’ve ever wanted to clone your Windows 10 drive, you might’ve found that it takes some know-how. There are many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Win10 FaQ, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Win10 FaQ
    Win10 FaQ New Member

How to clone Windows 10 with Clonezilla

Last Updated on April 24, 2019If you’ve ever wanted to clone your Windows 10 drive, you might’ve found that it takes some know-how. There are many things that you need to keep an eye out for in this process, and many of them, if set-up the wrong way, might leave you with a cloned drive [...]

The post How to clone Windows 10 with Clonezilla appeared first on Win10 FAQ.

read more...

Win10 FaQ, Apr 24, 2019

2. Cloning with Clonezilla not working

No-shame pre-24 hour bump. *Cool How to clone Windows 10 with Clonezilla :cool:

Here's what happened in a condensed form:

• I have 2 HDDs, a Raptor and a 1TB drive
    • I install Mac OSX on the Raptor
    • Using Clonezilla, I make an image of the Raptor with OSX on it and store it on the 1TB drive.
    • I install Windows 7 on the Raptor.
    • Using Clonezilla, I make an image of Win7 and store it on the Raptor.
    • For fun, I use Clonezilla to restore the OSX image back to the Raptor.
    • I boot OSX and it gives me errors
    • I use Clonezilla again and restore the Win7 image back to the Raptor
    • Everything works
    Why would won't OSX boot? I think this has to do more with Clonezilla than OSX. It was working before I cloned it.

angelkiller, Apr 24, 2019
  3. holahapi Win User
    Clonezilla Windows 10 Clone not bootable

I am cloning my Windows 10 OS partition.

My HDD have
    450MB Recovery partition
    100MB EFI System partition
    (C: 239.2GB NTFS (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)

I cloned (C: ) to an External HDD, however it is not bootable.
    Should I also clone other partitions for able to work or I missing some steps?

holahapi, Apr 24, 2019
  4. How to clone Windows 10 with Clonezilla

Cloning with Clonezilla not working

Ok, so I'm current using my G5 --> PC Conversion computer. It has two hard drives, a 74GB Raptor and a 1TB Hitachi. Windows 7 is installed on the Raptor and the 1TB drive is used as storage.

After seeing Fit's attempt at running OSX on PC hardware, I wanted to give it a go on my PC. So I used a program called CopyWipe to copy the Raptor to a spare 80GB Seagate drive I had laying around. I've used this program before and it always works how I want it to. Now that I had a backup of my Windows 7 drive, I installed OSX on the Raptor. Long story short, I got it working to the point where it would boot without issues. (no sound though)

Because I'm not sure what OS I want on this computer yet, I wanted to keep both. So I figured that if I make an image of both OSs on the 1TB drive, all I had to do to switch OSs is restore the image back to the Raptor. So I make an image of the Raptor with OSX on the 1TB drive using Clonezilla. Everything goes smoothly. Then I use CopyWipe to copy the 80GB drive's contents (Win7) back to the Raptor. I boot into Win7 on the Raptor with no issues. Then I use Clonezilla to make an image of the Raptor with Win7 on it. Everything works. So now I have Win7 installed on the Raptor, and an image of the Raptor with OSX and an image of the Raptor with Win7 both stored on the 1TB drive.

Here's where the issues start. I wanted to test the restoration process. So I use Clonezilla to restore the OSX image back to the Raptor. The process completes. I boot up and upon loading, OSX is giving me a kernel panic. *Frown How to clone Windows 10 with Clonezilla :( I did'nt want to mess around with it, so I use Clonezilla to restore the Win7 image back to the Raptor. It works. I'm writing this from Win7 right now, and I see no issues.

My question is what would cause OSX not to boot in this situation? This isn't an OSX question, but rather a Clonezilla one. I made an image, and when I restored it, it doesn't work. Nothing has changed. Any ideas? *Confused How to clone Windows 10 with Clonezilla :confused:

angelkiller, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

How to clone Windows 10 with Clonezilla

1. How to clone Windows 10 with Clonezilla - Similar Threads - clone Clonezilla

2. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present: I have a cloned drive E that backs up the main drive C every night.When I do a search in the C: drive, it responds with those matching files in the E drive only.I've played with the index locations and nothing is selected for E:...
  3. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present: I have a cloned drive E that backs up the main drive C every night.When I do a search in the C: drive, it responds with those matching files in the E drive only.I've played with the index locations and nothing is selected for E:...
  4. File Explorer win10 search files when a cloned drive E is present

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280: Scared to death of catastrophic Op Sys SSD failure Only one slot on motherboard for SSD m.2 2280 I’m hoping this project of me making an exact copy of my hard drive which only has operating system and a couple of programs on it. I will be able to achieve if this one fails...
  6. Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to clone SSD opsys with only one M2.2280: Scared to death of catastrophic Op Sys SSD failure Only one slot on motherboard for SSD m.2 2280 I’m hoping this project of me making an exact copy of my hard drive which only has operating system and a couple of programs on it. I will be able to achieve if this one fails...
  7. Can i clone a 1TB HDD to a 240GB SDD with clonezilla

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can i clone a 1TB HDD to a 240GB SDD with clonezilla: I wish to upgrade to an ssd but because of limitations in my budget, i plan to bye a 240 gb ssd.Even thought i have a 1TB HDD i only used 150GB of it including OS files cleared the restSo can i clone my 1TB HDD to my 240GB SSD eventhough its of a smaller size but the storage...
  8. After Cloning My Hard Drive With Clonezilla Lost Boot Capability

After Cloning My Hard Drive With Clonezilla Lost Boot Capability: Hello, I just tried to use Clonzilla to to make a image backup. All seemed to perform fine with no errors, but now when I try to boot up, I get the blue error screen, Error 0xc000000e. I have tried all the Microsoft guides to repair the boot, but no luck. I made a bootable...
  9. Clonezilla Windows 10 Clone not bootable

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Clonezilla Windows 10 Clone not bootable: I am cloning my Windows 10 OS partition. My HDD have 450MB Recovery partition 100MB EFI System partition (C: 239.2GB NTFS (Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition) I cloned (C: ) to an External HDD, however it is not bootable. Should I also clone other...
  10. Cloned drive with clonezilla, size not updated

Cloned drive with clonezilla, size not updated: I just cloned my ssd onto another ssd twice its size however windows reports the size as the same, and in partition manager from windows it wont allow me to expand only shrink the size The disk size in part manager is also the same size as the original drive 20846

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not able to creat clonezilla image with win 10

2. win 10 partition klonen clonzilla