Windows 10: How to close right side panel in File Explorer which takes up 25% of screen?

Discus and support How to close right side panel in File Explorer which takes up 25% of screen? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 updates have been rampant in recent weeks resetting the File Explorer Window with useless views which hamper views of the detail data you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SusieBartz, Apr 8, 2020.

1. How to close right side panel in File Explorer which takes up 25% of screen?

Windows 10 updates have been rampant in recent weeks resetting the File Explorer Window with useless views which hamper views of the detail data you need to see...

With the latest update for File Explorer has a large panel on the right side which I cannot find an option to close - it takes up 25% of the screen and serves no purpose displaying minimum file info which any idiot would not want or need.

Can anyone tell me how to close this panel to display the entire detail list to the end of the window?

Thanks in advance!

:)

SusieBartz, Apr 8, 2020

2. File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Apr 8, 2020
  3. H0logram Win User
    win10 file explorer crashes with right click

Thank you for this suggestion, I have tried both of these and still have the issue where if I right click on a directory on the left side of file explorer it crashes and closed the screen. Any other suggestions??

Thank you

H0logram, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

How to close right side panel in File Explorer which takes up 25% of screen?

File Explorer and viewing pictures

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Open File Explorer.

• Click on View Tab.

• Select Detail panel.

• Now if you click on any picture or file you will be able to see the information at the top right corner.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

How to close right side panel in File Explorer which takes up 25% of screen?

1. How to close right side panel in File Explorer which takes up 25% of screen? - Similar Threads - close right side

2. CLOSE Windows File Explorer Right Side Panel

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CLOSE Windows File Explorer Right Side Panel: How to CLOSE Right side panel in File Explorer? On 4/2020 SusieBartz asked this question, however Paulo GM's response to Click View > Click Details is incorrect.MSFT sent an update Now, it changed my File Explorer by adding this panel and following Paulo's response does...
  3. CLOSE Windows File Explorer Right Side Panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLOSE Windows File Explorer Right Side Panel: How to CLOSE Right side panel in File Explorer? On 4/2020 SusieBartz asked this question, however Paulo GM's response to Click View > Click Details is incorrect.MSFT sent an update Now, it changed my File Explorer by adding this panel and following Paulo's response does...
  4. CLOSE Windows File Explorer Right Side Panel

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to close the new useless panel on right side of file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to close the new useless panel on right side of file explorer?: This right panel is useless & reduces the view of the File Explorer window especially when more than 1 File Explorer window is open. This column is also locked & cannot be removed! Someone at windows seems to be deliberately sabotaging File Explorer. How could this ever have...
  6. How to close the new useless panel on right side of file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to close the new useless panel on right side of file explorer?: This right panel is useless & reduces the view of the File Explorer window especially when more than 1 File Explorer window is open. This column is also locked & cannot be removed! Someone at windows seems to be deliberately sabotaging File Explorer. How could this ever have...
  7. How to close the new useless panel on right side of file explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. how to keep the screen on the right side

in Windows 10 Support
    how to keep the screen on the right side: i asked this yesterday but maybe not very good so here it is again. i have win10 using a hp probook 6465b laptop. ver 21h1 build 19043.1052 this never happened until about a week ago. but this is the issue. i have my browser screen set to about 2/3 and all the way to the...
  9. When I right click on the left side of file explorer explorer closes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I right click on the left side of file explorer explorer closes: When ever i try to open the context menu on the left side oft the explorer window(where i can see all my drives) explorer closes however when i right click on the right side everything is ok from event viewer i can see that the problem is shell32.dll this is the error log...
  10. Right side of screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right side of screen: So when i load My games from windows 10 . Then i click the right side of the screen it brings me back to windows. It also not just one game its all of them. Ive been trying to work out if theres some boarder system that i need to turn off. Can anyone help me workout where I’m...