Windows 10: how to close the quick search box shortcut

Discus and support how to close the quick search box shortcut in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; every time I press the ctrl twice the quick search box opens up and I don't know how to stop it from popping up. I use windows 10, the quick search... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KristinaGrube, Jun 10, 2019.

1. how to close the quick search box shortcut

every time I press the ctrl twice the quick search box opens up and I don't know how to stop it from popping up.

I use windows 10, the quick search bar is annoying and is getting in the way of my work.

:)

KristinaGrube, Jun 10, 2019
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.how to close the quick search box shortcut :)

terrace, Jun 10, 2019
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 10, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

how to close the quick search box shortcut

Shortcuts to Folders/Files in Start Menu Search Box

Hi, the search box is Cortana's - you can see this is you rt click the task bar, hide/show it you have to go to 'Cortana'. Thus I'm puzzled about your comment that you only use file explorer.

If you only want to use file explorer, then you can use 'Quick Access' (= 'favourites'). For example, if you rt click a folder in explorer, you should see 'Pin to Quick Access'. That adds a link in Quick Access. (But it doesn't offer an opportunity to rename it, so 'Downloads' was already in Quick Access, and pinning 'Downloads' on a different partition simply duplicated the name (!) - maybe there's some way round that...

Personally having now tried the method in my previous post, although the search listed some folders, it certainly didn't show the one I wanted, and I would never consider trying to use it in practice, being a generalised search with multiple steps and therefore inconvenient.

I use File Box Extender, which adds buttons to title bars in explorer and many (but not all) file browse dialogues, one being a drop-down list of favourites. Thus it's not unique to explorer. Two clicks and I'm there, assuming explorer is open.

You might like to explore, say, Classic Shell, which includes an indexed search (I've not tried using the search myself yet, but use Classic Shell).

dalchina, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

how to close the quick search box shortcut

1. how to close the quick search box shortcut - Similar Threads - close quick search

2. How to close the go to box in Excel won't close

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to close the go to box in Excel won't close: Two problems the go to box in Excel opens automatically can't close it and the find and replace box opens won't close locks up system entirely only temp fix is re-boot but keeps returning. Help...
  3. How to close the go to box in Excel won't close

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to close the go to box in Excel won't close: Two problems the go to box in Excel opens automatically can't close it and the find and replace box opens won't close locks up system entirely only temp fix is re-boot but keeps returning. Help...
  4. Search box constantly opening and closing on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search box constantly opening and closing on its own: Over 2 weeks ago, I upgraded my Windows to 11 and recently since yesterday, my search box keeps opening and closing on its own at times. In fact, it sometimes just closes on its own when I open it and try to search for something. Here's another issue, the Windows Input...
  5. Search box constantly opening and closing on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search box constantly opening and closing on its own: Over 2 weeks ago, I upgraded my Windows to 11 and recently since yesterday, my search box keeps opening and closing on its own at times. In fact, it sometimes just closes on its own when I open it and try to search for something. Here's another issue, the Windows Input...
  6. Black box randomly opening in center of screen and closing quickly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black box randomly opening in center of screen and closing quickly: I've been having this very annoying issue for about a month now where a black box pictured below will open and immediately close at random, making it extremely annoying to be in fullscreen applications as it will rip me out of them at its leisure.I attempted to track it down...
  7. Box opens and closes quickly constantly losing cursor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Box opens and closes quickly constantly losing cursor: Since an update about 2 weeks ago, my computer display opens a box constantly mid screen, then closes. Too fast to read what its saying, but when typing or working, its interrupting the position of the typing and cursor. Annoying would be an understatement. I feel like it...
  8. Search box covers shortcuts!

in Windows 10 Support
    Search box covers shortcuts!: After upgrading windows 8.1 to 10, there is a problem in taskbar. Search box and task view button covers pinned application icons and if I want to make shortcuts visible I have to hide them. Look at the video I recorded from this strange bug:...
  9. File Explorer Quick Access Search box: How to increase keyword history

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Quick Access Search box: How to increase keyword history: Is there a way to increase the number of remembered search items in the search box in file explorer and file open dialogs? [img] The history shows 3 keywords which were previously searched. I would like it to be able to show up to 5 items (if available) for example....
  10. Shortcuts to Folders/Files in Start Menu Search Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts to Folders/Files in Start Menu Search Box: Hi everyone, I don't know if this option even exists, but it's worth a try: When I Installed Win 10, if I wanted to quickly access one of those 6 Win 10 PC 'Folders' (Desktop, Documents, Downloads, Music, Pictures, Videos), I would just had to type in the folder in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. close search box

2. how to close this search box

3. how to close the search box

4. command search box short cut,
  5. how to close search box,
  6. how to close quick search box shortcut