Windows 10: how to close the read-only mode on "my Documents"?

Discus and support how to close the read-only mode on "my Documents"? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; this happens on my Windows 10 , without being on an administrator account. I wanted to install a video game but i learned that its files must going on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Quenyl57, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Quenyl57 Win User

how to close the read-only mode on "my Documents"?

this happens on my Windows 10 , without being on an administrator account. I wanted to install a video game but i learned that its files must going on "My documents". and my PC refuse to create the files of this game on "My Documents" each time i try to install it. it refuse to create a path for this game. which is strange because i have all of the authorizations on my PC Documents. the "read-only" mode didn't stop. i need an answer.

:)

Quenyl57, Dec 4, 2020
  2. BKLerner Win User

Closing a read-only document

Sometimes I open read-only files from our document management program. When I try to close them, the program won't let the document close unless I save it somewhere first. It has happened with Word docs
    & also PDFs. What can I do to stop this happening?

Thanks in advance.

BKLerner, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Corel Documents

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Have you tried installing latest version of coral document?
    • Is it happening only with specific document or all document?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this issue?
    You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the Coral software. Try to install the latest Coral software from the manufacturer web site and check if it helps, if the issue persist try to install in compatibility mode

Method 1: Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available software on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install software in compatibility mode:

1. Download the software from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the software and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the software install and then check the functionality.

And, also install all the software from the manufacturer web site.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Dec 4, 2020
  4. ALANGR Win User

Download of documents read

Thanks brummyfan for quick and succinct response.

Following your steps I find that 'Display in read mode by default' is already ticked.

So I tried unchecking 'Allow speculative download in the background' in case this was the culprit; but it was not.

Is W10 involved in this at all?

ALANGR, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

1. how to close the read-only mode on "my Documents"? - Similar Threads - close read mode

2. Read Only - Documents

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read Only - Documents: How do I get my documents folder out of Read Only? I have tried going into properties and unchecking the Read Only, then apply but it is still saying Read Only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-documents/3a734612-b28b-4453-ae9b-32314aceb64f
  3. Read Only - Documents

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Read Only - Documents: How do I get my documents folder out of Read Only? I have tried going into properties and unchecking the Read Only, then apply but it is still saying Read Only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-documents/3a734612-b28b-4453-ae9b-32314aceb64f
  4. how to turn off the read-only mode on "my Documents"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to turn off the read-only mode on "my Documents"?: this happens on my Windows 10 , without being on an administrator account. I wanted to install a video game from Steam but i learned that its files must go on "My documents" files. and my PC refuse to create the files of this game on "My Documents" each time i try to install...
  5. Read-only documents

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read-only documents: When I attempt to save new documents in Word 2019, the "read-only" check box is always selected. How do I change my file properties, so that all my new documents can be edited, and/or deleted?...
  6. read only documents

read only documents: After upgrading to Windows 10 and restoring my documents they are now all read-only. how can I reverse this so I can open and edit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-documents/29e2e95a-8c1e-4484-ada3-56d06e2b487f"
  7. read only document

read only document: How do I change my document from a read only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-only-document/1a578271-3dea-4ac2-aed1-3a6b1f0634ea"
  8. Read-only documents

in Windows 10 Customization
    Read-only documents: I am frustrated when opening a document and it had defaulted to read-only. I would like to remove that feature permanently. I don't always find the need to protect my documents by read-only. Is there a way to change this? I can change it but it won't stay; I find that the...
  9. Read only Documents

Read only Documents: Hello, all my documents in any of my Microsoft office programs are "READ ONLY" and "UPLOAD BLOCKED cannot verify necessary permissions". I haven't changed any settings or anything and all of the sudden this keeps popping up. I need help settings all Microsoft programs...
  10. How to edit a read only document.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to edit a read only document.: I am at my wits end with this problem and would be very grateful for a solution. I have a document, in Dropbox though now copied to the Documents folder, which I wrote myself some years ago. I use Apache Open Office but the document is saved as an MS Word. I have edited...