Windows 10: How to combine Cortana and Search

Discus and support How to combine Cortana and Search in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, recently I saw some of my friend's computer Cortana is abit different than mine. And I would really like if I could have the same layout as... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by limnoob, Mar 17, 2020.

1. limnoob Win User

How to combine Cortana and Search

Hello, recently I saw some of my friend's computer Cortana is abit different than mine. And I would really like if I could have the same layout as them.

My friend's Cortana:

How to combine Cortana and Search 24e4a13a-ee1d-4964-a976-9050ae9c09d3?upload=true.jpg

Mine:

How to combine Cortana and Search 728bbefa-72a0-4da0-b89a-9b5bd4446b51?upload=true.jpg

How do I make it so that it appears to be like the first picture?

:)

limnoob, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Try0x101 Win User

Cortana search filter list

I have a lot of space for display content in Cortana search list, and 80% of it not used because Cortana sorting items by types.
    How disable all filters and make visible all suggested content?

How to combine Cortana and Search [​IMG]

Try0x101, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 17, 2020
  4. How to combine Cortana and Search

Search without Cortana

Hi,

The search function on Cortana showing both local and online suggestions is designed to help users to gain full access to all the possible search results. If you're trying to search for a local file without picking up online suggestions, we recommend that
    you use the filter option to refine the search. Here are the steps on how to set the filter:

• Type the word that you're trying to search.
    • Select the appropriate filter for the desired result.

How to combine Cortana and Search 8f635b1a-87cb-478c-89d6-f384502ffef7.png
    • Wait for the list to load and click the desired search result.

Basic searches like, function, settings, and location doesn't require filter. In addition, you can click the drop-down arrow for
    Filters to view other filter type.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

How to combine Cortana and Search

1. How to combine Cortana and Search - Similar Threads - combine Cortana Search

2. Cortana and search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana and search: aaaaaa https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-search/04672584-a074-4343-a6c3-f63c423cdbbd
  3. Cortana and Search

in Cortana
    Cortana and Search: I deleted Cortana. I now have no search options, apps won't open, and my mouse and keyboard failed a diagnostic test. When I run troubleshooter is says my Windows Search doesn't work. I've tried every suggestion on google search, most I can't try because search doesn't work....
  4. How to combine search bar with start menu?

in Cortana
    How to combine search bar with start menu?: Hi, I have a problem in my windows 10 laptop. The search bar/icon appears in a seprate panel from start menu, but in my old windows installation it was integrated with the search menu and not in a big seprate menu. How can I bring back the old small search which is combined...
  5. Cortana and Search

Cortana and Search: I performed a virus, malware and clean up of Windows using Tronscript. It did the job except for two things- removed the Search icon and Cortana icon from my Windows tray. I can move Cortana to the tray. However, I can't open it. It tells me need permission from the...
  6. Cortana & Search

in Cortana
    Cortana & Search: Dear Sirs Recently my Cortana has stopped searching, stating that there is no internet connection. However, the internet connection is fine and and strong and nothing else reports this problem. I have no problems browsing at all. What's going on?...
  7. CORTANA search

in Cortana
    CORTANA search: Hi All, Is there a way to configure CORTANA to search for specific words from a documents contained in specific folder only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search/98bd5c7b-8da6-4617-b617-cb347ba56cf7"
  8. Cortana search

in Cortana
    Cortana search: I used to have a cortana search box on my task bar that I used to find files on my computer. Now it's not there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-search/92876d53-09e6-4d6a-bb7a-6eeee910fc40"
  9. Cortana & search

in Cortana
    Cortana & search: Hello, I have a Lenovo H50-55 Desktop using Windows10 (64bit). I would like to be able to talk to Cortana. The computer did NOT come with a microphone or head phones. My keyboard is NOT wireless. I am thinking about getting a COWIN E7 Pro [2018 Upgraded] #7092...
  10. cortana search

cortana search: How can I remove this annoying popup from the windows search bar.....see attachment. [img] 94935