Windows 10: How to combine two ext. HD partitions into one big one?

Discus and support How to combine two ext. HD partitions into one big one? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an ext. USB HD, 2 TB in size, partitioned into two separate drives, each of half the total capacity. Each separate drive appears in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stevekir, May 30, 2019.

1. Stevekir Win User

How to combine two ext. HD partitions into one big one?

I have an ext. USB HD, 2 TB in size, partitioned into two separate drives, each of half the total capacity. Each separate drive appears in Windows Explorer as two separate drives. L1 and L2. I now want to return to having only one drive, of 2 TB, without any partitions. I have reformatted each partition. But the partitions persist.

How can I revert to only one partition please?

Thanks.

:)

Stevekir, May 30, 2019

2. used a ext hd as a storage space. want to convert it back to being a ext hd. how???

Used a ext hd as a storage space. Want to convert it back to being a ext hd. There does not seem to be a way to do this. Does anyone know how? In windows 10.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

frankcoulter1&, May 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10 & Seagate Ext HD Back-up +

Installed Windows 10 and my Seagate Ext HD, Back-up + will go to 5% and freeze up. Consequently, nothing is backed up. I spoke with Seagate and they do not have any answer. Any suggestions?

GatorHunter, May 30, 2019
  4. exmersion Win User

EXT HD is gone

Not sure if i can see in the BIOS. I did looked but i couldnt see anything that should have been the HD. And no, it doesnt have a drive letter. If that was the case i just had to give it a new one wich should have solved the problem.

EDIT: Looked again, can't see it. And i managed to fix my old EXT HD but that one isn't showing up in the BIOS as well.. But that one is working fine. Still need to figure out why Windows won't see it..

exmersion, May 30, 2019
Thema:

1. How to combine two ext. HD partitions into one big one? - Similar Threads - combine ext partitions

2. How to combine two SSD drives as one [Guide]

in Windows 10 News
    How to combine two SSD drives as one [Guide]: [IMG]Buying an SSD drive with a large storage capacity is very expensive. So, it is better to purchase two 256 GB SSD drives and combine them into one. This usually has no to very little downside and a lot of upsides including price. In this article, you will learn how to...
  3. one partition, need two?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    one partition, need two?: I have a 1TB drive on which I have also the system files, aka windows 10. What are the needed steps to create a distinct partition solely for system files and have another one for anything else?...
  4. one partition, need two?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    one partition, need two?: I have a 1TB drive on which I have also the system files, aka windows 10. What are the needed steps to create a distinct partition solely for system files and have another one for anything else?...
  5. Windows 11 - Combining Two SSD's into One and Creating Partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Combining Two SSD's into One and Creating Partitions: I have a new Dell laptop that came with one 512GB SSD. I replaced the SSD with two 1TB SSD's and reinstalled Windows 11 using Dell Support Assist. The laptop restarted successfully. Now I am trying to reconfigure the two SSD's. At startup, one SSD Disk 1 was labelled C and...
  6. Windows 11 - Combining Two SSD's into One and Creating Partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Combining Two SSD's into One and Creating Partitions: I have a new Dell laptop that came with one 512GB SSD. I replaced the SSD with two 1TB SSD's and reinstalled Windows 11 using Dell Support Assist. The laptop restarted successfully. Now I am trying to reconfigure the two SSD's. At startup, one SSD Disk 1 was labelled C and...
  7. Two opened windows ,one big one small.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Two opened windows ,one big one small.: When I have two opened windows and one is small and the other one is bigger, I move my cursor off the small window to the big one in the background and the smaller window minimizes. I didn't click on the bigger window and it minimizes by itself. Does anyone know how to solve...
  8. Question re combining two partitions into one partition on SSD

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Question re combining two partitions into one partition on SSD: I have replaced a 256GB SSD M2 C Drive on my laptop with a larger 500GB SSD M2. Below is an image of the new 500 GB C drive which I have just restored from a macrium image. I want to have the maximum space I can get out of the drive Is the recovery partition needed if I have...
  9. How to combine two ext. HD partitions into one big one?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to combine two ext. HD partitions into one big one?: I have an ext. USB HD, 2 TB in size, partitioned into two separate drives, each of half the total capacity. Each separate drive appears in Windows Explorer as two separate drives. L1 and L2. I now want to return to having only one drive, of 2 TB, without any partitions. I...
  10. How to merge two partitions into one?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to merge two partitions into one?: I have recently upgraded to the Windows 10 anniversary version. I would like to extend my C: drive by merging the F: drive into it. Attached is the photo of my hard drive. How do I go about merging F: drive into c: drive? I would like to use Windows 10 disk management...