Windows 10: How to complete remediation? Also how to reassure security of computer?

Discus and support How to complete remediation? Also how to reassure security of computer? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've done quick scan and full scan at least 2-3 times now on windows defender, and ran offline scan. I also downloaded malwarebyte and scanned my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EverydayGuy0, Aug 5, 2022.

1. How to complete remediation? Also how to reassure security of computer?

I've done quick scan and full scan at least 2-3 times now on windows defender, and ran offline scan. I also downloaded malwarebyte and scanned my computer twice. I even used a system restore point from 4 days ago. I just want to be completely sure that I am at no risk of any malware now, and see if I can complete this remediation.

:)

EverydayGuy0, Aug 5, 2022
  2. loyall Win User

Windows Security Protection History-remediation incomplete

Windows 10 security found two trojans that are now listed in my protection history as severe-remediation incomplete. And yet my virus and threat protection shield icon has a green checkmark. What if anything should I do? Why does it say remediation incomplete?

A manual scan by Malwarebytes identifies zero threats.

loyall, Aug 5, 2022
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How to complete remediation? Also how to reassure security of computer? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 5, 2022
  4. loyall Win User

How to complete remediation? Also how to reassure security of computer?

Windows Security Protection History-remediation incomplete

I went to a website on Edge chromium. The was an audio message saying my computer was locked. It turned out it wasn't. I closed the browser, and opened Windows security. Two trojans were listed in protection history as severe - status:failed - remediation
    incomplete. A further scan by malware bytes revealed no threats. The two trojans were Skeeyah.A!rfn and FakeAlert!MSR

loyall, Aug 5, 2022
Thema:

How to complete remediation? Also how to reassure security of computer?

1. How to complete remediation? Also how to reassure security of computer? - Similar Threads - complete remediation reassure

2. Remediation incomplete on windows security

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remediation incomplete on windows security: I have been having issues with windows update, my BITS service wouldn't start. I ran a full scan on my laptop and came across some malware that might be the issue, however windows security failed to quarantine the file. What should I do the further?Screenshot of the problem...
  3. Remediation incomplete on windows security

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remediation incomplete on windows security: I have been having issues with windows update, my BITS service wouldn't start. I ran a full scan on my laptop and came across some malware that might be the issue, however windows security failed to quarantine the file. What should I do the further?Screenshot of the problem...
  4. 'Local Security Authority Protection is off' How do I remedy this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'Local Security Authority Protection is off' How do I remedy this?: I've had the above warning for a few days. When I follow the instructions there seems no way to turn it back on again? Everything else seems to be 'on' inc. 'Memory integrity' but maybe not 'Memory Access Protection' There is a general caution orange triangle by 'Core...
  5. 'Local Security Authority Protection is off' How do I remedy this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    'Local Security Authority Protection is off' How do I remedy this?: I've had the above warning for a few days. When I follow the instructions there seems no way to turn it back on again? Everything else seems to be 'on' inc. 'Memory integrity' but maybe not 'Memory Access Protection' There is a general caution orange triangle by 'Core...
  6. How do I deal with a 'remediation incomplete' security alert?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I deal with a 'remediation incomplete' security alert?: My Windows Defender notifies me that it has detected Trojan Malware TrojanDownloader:JS/MalScript/Ab!.MSR on my PC -Windows 10. It says this ‘severe threat’ has been tackled and there are no current threats - but the ‘remeditation is incomplete’, with a reference to the...
  7. How to get rid of 'remediation incomplete' message on Windows Security?

How to get rid of 'remediation incomplete' message on Windows Security?: Earlier today, I was downloading a skin for Rainmeter. The file was being hosted on GitHub, and was the regular rainmeter skin file type .rmskin, so I assumed it would be legitimate. I downloaded it, and Windows Security VERY QUICKLY gave me a notification saying threats were...
  8. TrojanDownloader:O97M/Emotet.VAM!MTB not completely remediated

TrojanDownloader:O97M/Emotet.VAM!MTB not completely remediated: After running Microsoft Defender Virus, the report says this. Need help to quarantine and remove this virus completely. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trojandownloadero97memotetvammtb-not-completely/bd0c17aa-baa7-4eb7-89c0-313f7cb97e41
  9. This threat or app might not be completely remediated

This threat or app might not be completely remediated: Hello, I was testing Windows Defender with the EICAR test file and Windows Defender detected it. It stated that it was quarantined but then I get a second notification stating "This threat or app might not be completely remediated". Is there anything to worry about?...
  10. printer offline, how to remedy?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    printer offline, how to remedy?: Occasionally I find my printer offline, and not sure why. Plus what is easy way to put back "online"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-offline-how-to-remedy/a0d69df6-6294-4fba-8701-e3991c58f149