Windows 10: How to completely deactivate family

Discus and support How to completely deactivate family in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I don't understand how this can happen.I am an adult.I don't have any family.I want to stream a legal online series.And edge is blocking the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Samuel Denis1, Dec 4, 2023.

1. How to completely deactivate family

Hi, I don't understand how this can happen.I am an adult.I don't have any family.I want to stream a legal online series.And edge is blocking the website because of "family restrictions".This is non sense.I can't find how to turn that off.It's really, really bothering.I didn't need that problem at the end of my dayI tried to find solutions, it seems like we need hacker skills to turn that off.How come I can't just choose to live my own life ?

:)

Samuel Denis1, Dec 4, 2023
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How to completely deactivate family :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Dec 4, 2023
  3. Anonimiss Win User
    Family Screen time is not working!

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Dec 4, 2023
  4. How to completely deactivate family

Windows 10 Family screentime still restricting people no longer in the family

Hi Darrell,

With regard to your query, we suggest that you follow the steps below to completely remove the Microsoft account family safety feature for your son's account.

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    You may also check this
    link
    to turn off family features.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Dec 4, 2023
Thema:

How to completely deactivate family

1. How to completely deactivate family - Similar Threads - completely deactivate family

2. How to Completely remove Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Completely remove Microsoft family: My friend bought Xbox game pass for pc, and he opens xbox app and it tells him to ask for a parent, so his parent account says yes and he still can't open xbox app. Now he deletes himself from Microsoft family and the parent account as well. And it still tells him to ask a...
  3. How to Completely remove Microsoft family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Completely remove Microsoft family: My friend bought Xbox game pass for pc, and he opens xbox app and it tells him to ask for a parent, so his parent account says yes and he still can't open xbox app. Now he deletes himself from Microsoft family and the parent account as well. And it still tells him to ask a...
  4. How to completely remove and uninstall Family Feature-safety

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely remove and uninstall Family Feature-safety: Hi,I need a resolution to this:Upfront Microsoft states "If in USA, EU, Brazil, legislation requires adult consent." I am in Australia, a parent aged over 50 and have had enough of this Microsoft family safety features for my son."I buy a computer for him, make him...
  5. How to completely remove and uninstall Family Feature-safety

How to completely remove and uninstall Family Feature-safety: Hi,I need a resolution to this:Upfront Microsoft states "If in USA, EU, Brazil, legislation requires adult consent." I am in Australia, a parent aged over 50 and have had enough of this Microsoft family safety features for my son."I buy a computer for him, make him...
  6. How do I completely turn off Microsoft family and Microsoft family features?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I completely turn off Microsoft family and Microsoft family features?: I have already tried everything I could find. I disabled parental controls, I uninstalled Microsoft family, I rejoined and left Microsoft family, I unchecked Microsoft family features from the firewall, and literally everything. But for some reasons it is still on. I am an...
  7. How to completely deactivate family

How to completely deactivate family: Hi, I don't understand how this can happen.I am an adult.I don't have any family.I want to stream a legal online series.And edge is blocking the website because of "family restrictions".This is non sense.I can't find how to turn that off.It's really, really bothering.I didn't...
  8. Looking to deactivate a family member but can't

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Looking to deactivate a family member but can't: Hi,I have one members in my account that someone shows as the family organizer in addition to me. Looks like she then added a family member and I can't delete either of them. It shows me this: You can't remove Pure Barre from the family group Family members under statutory...
  9. Looking to deactivate a family member but can't

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Looking to deactivate a family member but can't: Hi,I have one members in my account that someone shows as the family organizer in addition to me. Looks like she then added a family member and I can't delete either of them. It shows me this: You can't remove Pure Barre from the family group Family members under statutory...
  10. Looking to deactivate a family member but can't