Windows 10: How to completely disable Defragging on Windows 10

Discus and support How to completely disable Defragging on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm running a windows 10 with a SSD, so it's very important that my system doesn't Defrag. Here's the issue. It keeps turning defragging back on.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Grimm-Flowers, Dec 28, 2019.

1. How to completely disable Defragging on Windows 10

I'm running a windows 10 with a SSD, so it's very important that my system doesn't Defrag. Here's the issue.

It keeps turning defragging back on. Constantly. I disable every option in the menu, and it pops back up sooner or later, with weekly defragging. I would very much like to keep this off permanently.

Thanks y'all.

:)

Grimm-Flowers, Dec 28, 2019

2. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Dec 28, 2019
  3. defrag will not open up in windows 10

Hi Fionna,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• Do you received any error message?

• How are you exactly trying to open defragment? Please elaborate the steps.
    • Which drive are you trying to defrag?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple steps and check if you are able to open the defragment. Follow the below steps.

• Go to file explorer and right click on the drive select Properties.
    • Click on Tool tab and click on Optimize and check if you are able to open defragment.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 28, 2019
  4. CrashA Win User

How to completely disable Defragging on Windows 10

Windows 10 Defrag

Having a similar issue have tried running optimization ansd ran fine on the c drive but when to try and run on the system potion it goes to pass 1 then 2 in seconds and comes back 100 % fragmented but defraged the c drive cleanly ??

Have gone thru this post and SFC ran clean no errors, checked services.msc and listed itemsd are on automatic but disk defragmenter was not listed there ?? The optimization schedule is set for automatic weekly, but probably is not running since I do not
    leave my pc on. My next step would be the windows performance recorder , but before go another step is it possible that this portion was not ment to be defrag ?? Or just turn off the auto schedule and would run ??

This is being done to resolve another issue which is in another post when boot up on the first try pc locks up on the black screen with the blue window, when reboot again it starts up correctly, also in sesolution have tried running chdk C:/r and when get
    to 10% complete it just runs for hours, (2 hours). So thought the defrg would help solve some of these 2 issues !!

Go figure 2 step to fix anther and one issue in each step !!

Any further suggestions ??

How to completely disable Defragging on Windows 10 aae91fee-90f4-46c4-9c04-65581c7f71eb.jpg

CrashA, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

How to completely disable Defragging on Windows 10

1. How to completely disable Defragging on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - completely disable Defragging

2. how to disable touchpad completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to disable touchpad completely: I have HP envy x360 convertible laptop and I am unable to turn off touchpad from the windows 10 settings. My mouse keep jumping around without even touching the device. There is only show setting for touchpad that is change sensitivity . It did help but did not fix my mouse...
  3. how to disable touchpad completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to disable touchpad completely: I have HP envy x360 convertible laptop and I am unable to turn off touchpad from the windows 10 settings. My mouse keep jumping around without even touching the device. There is only show setting for touchpad that is change sensitivity . It did help but did not fix my mouse...
  4. how to disable touchpad completely

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to completely disable password from Windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to completely disable password from Windows 10?: I don't want my windows 10 to ask pin nor password. I was able to remove pin. but now it asks password, how to disable password, as it has only 'change' option?...
  6. Can't disable SSD defrag bug in Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't disable SSD defrag bug in Windows 10 2004: Hello. So I have a laptop with this new version of Windows 10, and it only has one SSD unit (C:), so when I try to choose which units should not defrag automatically, it doesn't let me save my changes, as it's the only unit. https://imgur.com/a/oACqyLj 4 screenshots of the...
  7. How to completely disable Windows Defender in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to completely disable Windows Defender in Windows 10?: Also, does installing another antivirus completely disable Windows Defender(including Smart Screen)? submitted by /u/abrasivemurk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fqb84s/how_to_completely_disable_windows_defender_in/
  8. How to Disable windows 10 update completely?? Is it possible??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Disable windows 10 update completely?? Is it possible??: We are using windows PC on machine. Now whenever there is an update usually it creates a problem with the softwares we use in manufacturing. We do not need any updates at all .Just we want to keep running the existing setup as it is. How do we block the updates all of the...
  9. Windows 10 Sets - disable completely?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Sets - disable completely?: Hi all - my PC has not yet received this update, but I have a friend who has and dislikes it a lot. I am pretty sure I am really going to dislike it as well (call me old-school). I know from the tutorial here that there is a way to disable it BY APP, but if I don't want to...
  10. How to disable Cortana completely?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable Cortana completely?: How to disable Cortana completely? I have turn it off but its still in the task bar running. After end task, it will repop after few sec. 12421