Windows 10: How to completely disable task view, and NOT just the task bar button? Its bugged with SteamVR.

Discus and support How to completely disable task view, and NOT just the task bar button? Its bugged with SteamVR. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Everything was fine, no issues what so ever, then for the first time ever in 8 years i opened task view a few weeks back since i wanted to test... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by TeKett, Sep 22, 2022.

1. TeKett Win User

How to completely disable task view, and NOT just the task bar button? Its bugged with SteamVR.

Everything was fine, no issues what so ever, then for the first time ever in 8 years i opened task view a few weeks back since i wanted to test something with multiple desktops. Ever since, task view completely freaks out when using SteamVR virtual desktop. 9/10 clicks brings up task view so its a real pain to select a window and do things, and when it doesn't on that 1 click it flickers several times, like task view turns on and off repeatedly.I never use this feature, and im never going to use this feature. As far as im concerned its a waste of processing power, and since its only ever given

:)

TeKett, Sep 22, 2022
  2. Geethu B Win User

Task View Blue Screen

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• What happens when you open task view from task bar?
    • Are you able to switch between all of your open apps on multiple desktops?

Are you trying to disable task view feature in Windows 10? If yes, please try these steps.

a. Right-click on task bar.

b. Uncheck show task view button.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Task View Buttons missing from Task bar

How to set up the Task View button on the Windows 10 Task bar?

danialuckenbaugh, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Roan T Win User

How to completely disable task view, and NOT just the task bar button? Its bugged with SteamVR.

how to disable task view in windows 10

Hi,

To assist you, please clarify the following:

• Do you wish to disable the
      Task View feature completely
      or just remove it from the taskbar?

• Can you send us screenshots of your taskbar and the
      missing Show Task View button option when you right-click on the taskbar?

Regards.

Roan T, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

1. How to completely disable task view, and NOT just the task bar button? Its bugged with SteamVR. - Similar Threads - completely disable task

2. Task bar and windows button disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task bar and windows button disabled.: Since the last update my Win 11 has completely disabled my taskbar and all icons in it along with the Windows button/icon. So I have no access to even open my settings for updates. Also most like it removed privileges....
  3. Task bar and windows button disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task bar and windows button disabled.: Since the last update my Win 11 has completely disabled my taskbar and all icons in it along with the Windows button/icon. So I have no access to even open my settings for updates. Also most like it removed privileges....
  4. How to completely disable task view, and NOT just the task bar button? Its bugged with SteamVR.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to completely disable task view, and NOT just the task bar button? Its bugged with SteamVR.: Everything was fine, no issues what so ever, then for the first time ever in 8 years i opened task view a few weeks back since i wanted to test something with multiple desktops. Ever since, task view completely freaks out when using SteamVR virtual desktop. 9/10 clicks brings...
  5. How to completely disable task view, and NOT just the task bar button? Its bugged with SteamVR.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to completely disable task view, and NOT just the task bar button? Its bugged with SteamVR.: Everything was fine, no issues what so ever, then for the first time ever in 8 years i opened task view a few weeks back since i wanted to test something with multiple desktops. Ever since, task view completely freaks out when using SteamVR virtual desktop. 9/10 clicks brings...
  6. How to disable task view

How to disable task view: I am running windows 10 education because I can get a product key through work. This being said, my work Microsoft account is not linked to my device and I am the sole owner and user of my device. The task view feature drives me insane. I find the clustering of windows...
  7. Task View button

Task View button: I have Windows 10 and two monitors. I may have 25 or more windows open when I am creating or researching documents. When I press the Task View button, I would typically want them together or in sequence by program, eg. all the MS Word docs at least next to each other, PDFs...
  8. Task bar & task view

Task bar & task view: The task view I get is all the pages I visited the size of business cards dont like that how do I change it . Hope some one gets what I'm saying Microsoft did an update as usual all that I was used to got changed...
  9. Task bar & task view

Task bar & task view: The task view I get is all the pages I visited the size of business cards dont like that how do I change it . Hope some one gets what I'm saying Microsoft did an update as usual all that I was used to got changed...
  10. Task View button

in Windows 10 Support
    Task View button: I can't seem to find this anywhere. How would I move the Task View button? I would like it to be on the right side of my Quick Launch tool bar. Right now it is in-between quick launch and my start button on the task bar. I do have Classic Shell running 15135