Windows 10: How to completely eliminate Library Folders from This PC?

Discus and support How to completely eliminate Library Folders from This PC? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, So I followed this tutorial: https://www.howtogeek.com/222057/how-to-remove-the-folders-from-%E2%80%9Cthis-pc%E2%80%9D-on-windows-10/... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Breddit2800, Apr 14, 2021.

1. How to completely eliminate Library Folders from This PC?

How to completely eliminate Library Folders from This PC? qNow1j6xGZOHQ9NzEu2r8ezldDwV_iLDPbGmPnOMxh4.jpg

Hi,

So I followed this tutorial:

https://www.howtogeek.com/222057/how-to-remove-the-folders-from-“this-pc”-on-windows-10/

It eliminated the user folders (Videos, Documents, Music, etc., the "Library folders") from this PC, leaving only the drives, but there is another problem.

Every time I select a user library under Quick Access, it immediately appears under "This PC", and instead of expanding on the left hand side under "Quick Access", it expands under "This PC".

This is what I mean:

https://preview.redd.it/dg2rwq1uy5t...bp&s=f970c35c3e43030c82b814b7c5632428a5aebae6

How do I permanently stop user folders from appearing under "This PC"?

submitted by /u/Breddit2800
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Breddit2800, Apr 14, 2021
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Apr 14, 2021
  3. This PC folder assignments.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to create all the folder you want to add to D drive and then mark them to show in libraries. You can pin it under Library in Windows file explorer by following the below given steps:

• Right click on desired folder that is to be displayed under library.
    • Click on show in Library and click on the folder under which it is to be displayed.
    Hope this answers your query. Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Mohan B P Win User

How to completely eliminate Library Folders from This PC?

Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

How to completely eliminate Library Folders from This PC?

1. How to completely eliminate Library Folders from This PC? - Similar Threads - completely eliminate Library

2. COMPLETELY eliminate OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COMPLETELY eliminate OneDrive?: I have had a new hard drive installed and have a complete backup to restore files from. When I installed windows, the FIRST thing I did was unlink the PC from OneDrive and stop it from running. However, I have now two times tried to restore my files from the backup, but none...
  3. COMPLETELY eliminate OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COMPLETELY eliminate OneDrive?: I have had a new hard drive installed and have a complete backup to restore files from. When I installed windows, the FIRST thing I did was unlink the PC from OneDrive and stop it from running. However, I have now two times tried to restore my files from the backup, but none...
  4. COMPLETELY eliminate OneDrive? Restore files from EHD LOCALLY?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COMPLETELY eliminate OneDrive? Restore files from EHD LOCALLY?: I have had a new hard drive installed and have a complete backup to restore files from. When I installed windows, the FIRST thing I did was unlink the PC from OneDrive and stop it from running. However, I have now two times tried to restore my files from the backup, but none...
  5. COMPLETELY eliminate OneDrive? Restore files from EHD LOCALLY?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COMPLETELY eliminate OneDrive? Restore files from EHD LOCALLY?: I have had a new hard drive installed and have a complete backup to restore files from. When I installed windows, the FIRST thing I did was unlink the PC from OneDrive and stop it from running. However, I have now two times tried to restore my files from the backup, but none...
  6. Libraries folder, how to access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Libraries folder, how to access: how do I use Libraries in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/libraries-folder-how-to-access/c4cc2f90-e78a-407f-88f0-e2a511c7e18d
  7. Duplicate libraries-library folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate libraries-library folders: I did something in Windows 10 v1909 that duplicated several library folders and their contents see below picture. I don't have duplicate folders under "Quick Access". How do I correct? Disregard the THIRD Documents folder. The only correction I could find is here and it...
  8. Libraries Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Libraries Folders: I've never paid any attention to the Libraries. Just left them alone to their own thing. This afternoon I decided to open the folder and have a look-see. Am I supposed to have a Documents Folder Nested in another Documents Folder? [IMG] I actually have only one Documents...
  9. Remove OneDrive Folders from Libraries?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove OneDrive Folders from Libraries?: Alright guys, I actually do use OneDrive, and I am not trying to remove the app entirely. However, it seems like if I remove the OneDrive folder from my libraries (music, pictures, documents), next boot they show right back up. This is incredibly annoying as I actually...
  10. How to delete an empty folder from a library?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete an empty folder from a library?: . The attached screenshot shows an empty Downloads folder in a Win XP-type of folder setup. I accidentally moved this empty folder from my C:\Users folder. The folder is empty because my Downloads are actually on the E partition, as you can see from the screenshot. The...