Windows 10: How to completely factory reset a windows laptop without main features working?

Discus and support How to completely factory reset a windows laptop without main features working? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, my laptop is currently in a state where almost none of the features on the computer work. Things like Start, Search Bar, Apps, Microsoft Store, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JimmyZhou22, Jan 8, 2021.

1. How to completely factory reset a windows laptop without main features working?

Hi, my laptop is currently in a state where almost none of the features on the computer work. Things like Start, Search Bar, Apps, Microsoft Store, and so on, are not working. By not working, I mean they literally don't respond when clicked on and that is a REAL disappointment and a very inconvenient problem. Therefore, I would like to ask, How do you completely reset factory reset the entire system, and delete everything, so that it becomes like a new computer?

Note: This is a Windows 10 Education Retail that was given to me. I don't have the admin password.

:)

JimmyZhou22, Jan 8, 2021
  2. RCoon Win User

Factory Reset Win 7 (without disc)

Download an ISO of the Avira AV boot CD, burn it on your own computer, and then boot from that CD on your mom's computer and run a cleanup.

Seriously, you should just download a Windows disc and format the laptop. Best and easiest course of action.

"Information:
    Many Toshiba laptops come with the factory software recovery image stored in a special (hidden) area on the hard disk. From this special hidden image, you can restore your computer to its factory-fresh software condition by following these steps:

To restore the original factory software image on your computer follow these steps:

• Make sure the computer is turned off ("Shut-down" from the Windows Start menu)
    • Remove any peripherals such an external mouse, keyboard, monitor, USB flash drive etc.
    • Make sure the AC Adapter is plugged in and working.
    • Press and hold down the 0 (zero) key on the keyboard while powering on the computer. Release it when the recovery warning screen appears.
    • If the recovery process offers a choice of Operating Systems, select the appropriate one for you.
    • A warning screen appears, stating that when the recovery is executed all data will be deleted and rewritten.
    • Click Yes to continue.
    • When the Toshiba Recovery Wizard opens select "Recovery of Factory Software" or the appropriate option for your needs.
    • Continue to follow the directions restarting as necessary.
    Please note that the process may vary slightly from machine to machine, that you may be asked to insert disks (multi-disk packages) and that the process may take one to two hours to complete. The recovery process will require you to restart your computer several times.

As you use the recovery process you will have several options. One of these may be to create a custom size partition. Follow the directions on screen for this and other options as prompted. When in doubt, it's usually best to accept the default, or pre-selected option.
    "

If you are incapable, or uncomfortable with following any of the recommendations on how to restore the laptop, then I recommend you take it to your local IT guy and ask him to do it for you. Sometimes the best of us have to visit a ripoff merchant to get something fixed, or even just tested...

RCoon, Jan 8, 2021
  3. HP Laptop Windows 10 reset to factory default

Hi,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer this question to get more clarity on this issue:

• How are you trying to reset your pc to factory setting?

As you have a laptop, ensure that the laptop is not running on battery and the power cable is plugged in to the socket.

Let us follow the steps suggested by “Babu V” in the following thread that speaks about a possible solution for the related issue:

Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”: Error: “There was a problem resetting your PC”

Hope it helps.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance, we are glad to assist you.

Srimadhwa B, Jan 8, 2021
  4. Sher Amo Win User

How to completely factory reset a windows laptop without main features working?

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jan 8, 2021
Thema:

How to completely factory reset a windows laptop without main features working?

1. How to completely factory reset a windows laptop without main features working? - Similar Threads - completely factory reset

2. How to factory reset without password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to factory reset without password: I can't remember my computer password what so ever. Whenever I click "forgot password" I fill out all that information but then it says "something went wrong". I can't change the password or have access to any of the files. I have also tried pressing the shift button as it...
  3. How to factory reset without password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to factory reset without password: I can't remember my computer password what so ever. Whenever I click "forgot password" I fill out all that information but then it says "something went wrong". I can't change the password or have access to any of the files. I have also tried pressing the shift button as it...
  4. How to factory reset without password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How to do a factory reset without password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to do a factory reset without password: I’m trying to get into a computer without knowing the password. I’m trying to do a factory reset but I can’t get into the recovery menu. I’ve tried pressing shift then restart but it doesn’t work, instead it just restarts my laptop. The laptop model is the LG Gram 2021....
  6. How to do a factory reset without password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to do a factory reset without password: I’m trying to get into a computer without knowing the password. I’m trying to do a factory reset but I can’t get into the recovery menu. I’ve tried pressing shift then restart but it doesn’t work, instead it just restarts my laptop. The laptop model is the LG Gram 2021....
  7. How can I factory reset my laptop without logging in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I factory reset my laptop without logging in?: I forgot my pin to my laptop and it won't let me rest the password. I can't figure out how to reset it while only being able to access the lock screen....
  8. How to Factory Reset Windows 11 without Password

in Windows 10 News
    How to Factory Reset Windows 11 without Password: [ATTACH]For a variety of reasons, you may want to factory reset your Windows 11 computer. There are a few methods you can use to do this, but they all require that you are logged into your computer with your admin password. However, there are occasions when you could get...
  9. How to factory reset without password? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to factory reset without password? Windows 10: Hi people, I need some help. We work and sell windows computers. But after the latest update, some things changed due to the factory reset. We have some clients who return computers with an account and password on it. Before, we could hold SHIFT and click on restart to...
  10. How to factory reset without losing windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to factory reset without losing windows 10?: I have factory reset once before with windows 10 and it let me keep windows 10 when I did it. But now I want to do it again but it is showing me a notice that if i reset, I will go back to windows 7. Is there a way I can factory reset my pc while still keeping windows 10?...