Windows 10: How to completely get rid of quick access folders in Windows Explorer

Discus and support How to completely get rid of quick access folders in Windows Explorer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Seen and followed tutorials on this, but still they don't completely vanish, how to get rid of em, or at least have only the disks show up? [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xuzo, Nov 7, 2018.

1. xuzo Win User

How to completely get rid of quick access folders in Windows Explorer

Seen and followed tutorials on this, but still they don't completely vanish, how to get rid of em, or at least have only the disks show up?

How to completely get rid of quick access folders in Windows Explorer [​IMG]

:)

xuzo, Nov 7, 2018

2. explorer quick access bar folder removal

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. I understand your concern and I am glad to assist you.

Please follow these simple steps to bring back the old This PC view in Windows 10 File Explorer:

1. Open File Explorer, click on View tab in Ribbon and then click on
    Options.

2. Now to remove frequent folders and recent files list from Quick Access/Home view, uncheck following 2 options present under
    Privacy section:

• Show recently used files in Quick Access
    • Show frequently used folders in Quick Access
    It'll immediately remove these 2 sections from Quick Access view in File Explorer.

How to completely get rid of quick access folders in Windows Explorer [​IMG]

3. If you want to completely get rid of Quick Access/Home view from File Explorer, change the option "Open File Explorer to" from "Quick access" to "This PC" using drop-down list. It'll
    set the old This PC view as default in File Explorer and you'll always have disk drives page visible whenever you open File Explorer.

Hope this post helps. Get back to us for further queries. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Eric Ber Win User

File Explorer - Quick Access unpinned folders.. cant get rid of them.

Hi,

The folders that are pinned on your Quick Access are the one that you have previously opened. To resolve this, kindly follow the steps below to clear File Explorer history of your Quick Access:

• Right click on the Quick Access.
    • Click Options.
    • Click Clear besides the Clear File Explorer history.
    • Click OK.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

1. How to completely get rid of quick access folders in Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - completely rid quick

2. Get rid of media controls in quick access?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of media controls in quick access?: Win 11 continues to infuriate me. This is the biggest mess since Microsoft Bob. How can I get rid of the STUPID media controls in quick access? I followed the instructions to change the setting in Edge flags but the stupid thing is still there.They are dumbing Windows down so...
  3. Get rid of media controls in quick access?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get rid of media controls in quick access?: Win 11 continues to infuriate me. This is the biggest mess since Microsoft Bob. How can I get rid of the STUPID media controls in quick access? I followed the instructions to change the setting in Edge flags but the stupid thing is still there.They are dumbing Windows down so...
  4. How to get rid of single arrow beside Folder in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of single arrow beside Folder in Quick Access: I'm trying to get rid of one not two single downward arrow beside a Folder in Quick Access. Nearly everything I look up on the Internet gives solutions for two arrows facing each other. This is not what I want. I have Folders in the Quick Access and only one Downloads has a...
  5. How to get rid of single arrow beside Folder in Quick Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of single arrow beside Folder in Quick Access: I'm trying to get rid of one not two single downward arrow beside a Folder in Quick Access. Nearly everything I look up on the Internet gives solutions for two arrows facing each other. This is not what I want. I have Folders in the Quick Access and only one Downloads has a...
  6. How to get rid of Quick Access Toolbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of Quick Access Toolbar?: [ATTACH] Is there any way I can remove this? I accidentally pressed a few keys when I was trying to open my clipboard history and this showed up. I've been trying to find a fix, but to no avail. submitted by /u/lillie-senpai [link] [comments]...
  7. Get rid of "Quick Access" explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Get rid of "Quick Access" explorer: 1 Precisely how can I get rid of [so-called] "Quick Access" explorer window & return to traditional, actual "Windows Explorer"? 2 Most of my storage-dependent files are on D-drive, & accessing them is now a PITA - anything but "Quick" - involving wading thru multiple...
  8. Eleminate Quick Access forever. Not disable, but get rid of it completely!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Eleminate Quick Access forever. Not disable, but get rid of it completely!: I do not want to merely disable Quick Access just from File Explorer this is EASY, I want tocompletely eliminate any chance of "Quick Access" reappering in any place in Windows 10, I do not want any shortcut of this feature anywhere !!! I'vw searched all of the posts related...
  9. hide or get rid of Quick Access in windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    hide or get rid of Quick Access in windows 10 Home: How can I get rid of Quick Access in windows 10. I have tried the most common ways from the internet like changing to This PC, but they don't work....
  10. Is there a way to completly get rid of Quick Start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is there a way to completly get rid of Quick Start: So far Windows 10 is the worst OS Windows has released and one feature is annoying to all hell. Quick start seems like a good idea but it only has been causing problems. Everytime I click shut down the computer doesn't shut down. Same thing happens even after a restart. The...