Windows 10: How to completely kill Win10's updates?

Discus and support How to completely kill Win10's updates? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Basically, Win10 is absolute, horrendous garbage based on my 3-year long experience. Whether it's BITS stealing bandwidth, ignoring every rule I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RXA623, Jun 9, 2020.

1. /u/RXA623 Win User

How to completely kill Win10's updates?

Basically, Win10 is absolute, horrendous garbage based on my 3-year long experience. Whether it's BITS stealing bandwidth, ignoring every rule I create, turning itself back on, reinstalling itself or the general update service literally DELETING my data by waking up PC from sleep, restarting it to apply update and NOT SAVING any of the open files I have, refusing to put the PC in sleep mode, without any explanation or outright turning my PC on when I'm away and applying updates.

I don't know what's up with this crap, but I'm officially fed up. I want to kill it, even if that means my system becomes vulnerable, illegal or bricked. I want to have control over my system, not the other way around. I tried every method I could find online few times over (limiting bandwidth, turning off services, deleting files, making registry changes, reinstalling Windows, disabling updates) and nothing made a dent.

I'm posting a new thread in case there are some new things I haven't tried yet or heard of, new avenues to explore and stuff. I can google, but I feel like I've googled enough at this point to turn to more experienced users for a change.

submitted by /u/RXA623
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RXA623, Jun 9, 2020
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Jun 16, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How to completely kill Win10's updates? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 16, 2020
  4. Ikaruga Win User

GeForce Hotfix driver 353.38 (Update: Win10 versions added)

https://forums.geforce.com/default/...vers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-353-38/

Update: Windows 10 (international) versions below:
    Win10 - 64 bit desktop
    Win10 - 32 bit desktop
    Win10 - 64 bit notebook
    Win10 - 32 bit notebook

Ikaruga, Jun 16, 2020
Thema:

1. How to completely kill Win10's updates? - Similar Threads - completely kill Win10's

2. how to complete an update with windows 10 in s mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to complete an update with windows 10 in s mode: how to complete an update with windows 10 in s mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-complete-an-update-with-windows-10-in-s/ba6a1c95-4641-4b97-9c98-849c8d3387f4
  3. How can I KILL OneDrive completely?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I KILL OneDrive completely?: Hello, I got a brand new computer which I set up the first week of July, with a pre-installed version of Win 10 Pro. The first thing I had to do was to disable OneDrive, as it was set as the default place for everything, and cleared the desktop of all the Win 10 tiles and...
  4. June 2020 Win10 Update Killing Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    June 2020 Win10 Update Killing Audio: Hi. Ive updated Win10 with the June KB4560960 Windows update and associated Windows feature enablement update KB4517245, twice and both times it kills my audio. In Sound Settings, audio output is still picking up sounds but nothing's coming through my Sound Blaster ZxR...
  5. How to Kill Update Orchestrator

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Kill Update Orchestrator: I posted this last night when I was woken up by this stupid service but it must have gotten buried. My computer keeps turning on from sleep. This is from the command: powercfg -lastwake Wake History Count - 1 Wake History [0] Wake Source Count - 1 Wake Source [0] Type:...
  6. win10 update kb4541335 killing my pc?

win10 update kb4541335 killing my pc?: bit by bit since my pc updated with this it has been failing more and more each day To be concise so far - Settings is inaccessible. - audio service will not start - no partition found error on start up - blue screen saying we are resetting your pc because memory management...
  7. Win10 Update Killed My WiFi Speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win10 Update Killed My WiFi Speed: On 11/14/19, I noticed that my wifi speed on my PC had dropped from pretty decent to dead slow. I'm talking ~1-2Mbps slow. That's dial-up speed. Over the next two days, I tested it many times, rebooted multiple times, adjusted the WiFi card's antennas multiple times, rebooted...
  8. October win10 update has killed USB ports??

October win10 update has killed USB ports??: Forced into updating Win10 today, now USB ports don't work. Alienware (dell) 13 r1, but see other models have the same problem. Works fine in BIOS and in linux, but keyboard lights and mouse light extinguish as soon as Win10 starts and no USB devices are detected or...
  9. win10 update kill lenovo b50 keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    win10 update kill lenovo b50 keyboard: Everything works until first update, and after that keyboard dont work. I have installed 3 times from scratsh, and same problem with 2 lenovo laptop------?????...
  10. Win10 update kills my laptop

Win10 update kills my laptop: After a recent update, the laptop went back to the last app before the update, but could not open any other app except the file directory. Subsequently this app also disappeared and only the file app was functioning. On seeing only the C directory using the file app, I...