Windows 10: How to completely lock down "Choose where to get apps"?

Discus and support How to completely lock down "Choose where to get apps"? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It's all too easy to just go into Settings and just select "From anywhere" (the family computer is often filled with malware because of it. Just a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FatherJack1980, Sep 30, 2019.

1. How to completely lock down "Choose where to get apps"?

It's all too easy to just go into Settings and just select "From anywhere" (the family computer is often filled with malware because of it. Just a regular computer with just one account and just wifi from the internet provider. No idea what other info I need to provide - and the computer is on Windows 10).

How can I completely and utterly disable any other settings than "From Microsoft Store"?

:)

FatherJack1980, Sep 30, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How to completely lock down "Choose where to get apps"? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Choosing Default Apps & Insider Programme

To resolve your concern, kindly choose the default apps by file type. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose System.
    • Select Default apps.
    • Click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Check all of the video file type, and then check if you can change the default app to your preferred application.
    After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result

Argel Obm, Sep 30, 2019
  4. How to completely lock down "Choose where to get apps"?

How do windows run background apps after lock system?

Hi Kim,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in answering the question.

I would like to inform you that new Windows 10 apps have permission to run in the background so they can update their live tiles, fetch new data, and receive notifications:

Follow the steps below and check:

• Open Settings or Press Windows + I keys
    • Go to privacy
    • Click on Background apps.
    • locate the desktop app and slide it to off.
    • You can do this for individual apps.
    If you want to add app in the lock screen follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Turn on notifications in PC Settings. (This should be on by default.)

• Open the Settings Charm.
    • Tap or click Change PC settings.
    • Tap or click Notifications.
    • Slide the Show app notifications and Show app notifications on the lock screen switches to On.

Step 2: Add the app to lock screen notifications

• Open the Settings charm.
    • Tap or click Change PC settings.
    • Tap or click Personalize.
    • In the right pane, with the Lock screen tab selected, under Choose apps to run in the background… tap or click one of the “plus” symbols and select the app.
    Then under Choose an app to display detailed status, tap or click the icon beneath it and select the app.

Check if it helps.

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

How to completely lock down "Choose where to get apps"?

1. How to completely lock down "Choose where to get apps"? - Similar Threads - completely lock down

2. Choose where to get apps?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Choose where to get apps?: How to change: "Choose where to get apps?" I have buyed new computer just for work with Roland printers and now i cant download software VersaWorks6, because its not Microsoft verified app and its not possible to get it on Microsoft store?!! What is Windows 11 Home in S mode?...
  3. Choose where to get apps?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Choose where to get apps?: How to change: "Choose where to get apps?" I have buyed new computer just for work with Roland printers and now i cant download software VersaWorks6, because its not Microsoft verified app and its not possible to get it on Microsoft store?!! What is Windows 11 Home in S mode?...
  4. How can I get the missing drop down down from advanced app settings 'Choose Where to Get Apps'?

How can I get the missing drop down down from advanced app settings 'Choose Where to Get Apps'?: I have just purchased a second hand laptop ASUS with Windows 11 installed. I am trying to download a CMI+ E-marker software, and the app wont install due to 'the app you are trying to install isn't a verified app' box appearing. I have gone into advanced app settings and...
  5. How can I get the missing drop down down from advanced app settings 'Choose Where to Get Apps'?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get the missing drop down down from advanced app settings 'Choose Where to Get Apps'?: I have just purchased a second hand laptop ASUS with Windows 11 installed. I am trying to download a CMI+ E-marker software, and the app wont install due to 'the app you are trying to install isn't a verified app' box appearing. I have gone into advanced app settings and...
  6. Cannot Choose where to get apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Choose where to get apps: I am running with Windows 11 Education version not S mode but fails to change the option to other. It is disabled. How can I choose this option so that I can install program other from Microsoft store? Thank in advanced....
  7. Cannot Choose where to get apps

Cannot Choose where to get apps: I am running with Windows 11 Education version not S mode but fails to change the option to other. It is disabled. How can I choose this option so that I can install program other from Microsoft store? Thank in advanced....
  8. Question about Choosing where to get apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Question about Choosing where to get apps.: Hello.I am trying to download a setup for google chrome, however, when I try to run it I am redirected to the windows store. I saw that you can change this by going to the settings by choosing where to get apps in the settings. However, I cannot find this option when I look...
  9. Question about Choosing where to get apps.

Question about Choosing where to get apps.: Hello.I am trying to download a setup for google chrome, however, when I try to run it I am redirected to the windows store. I saw that you can change this by going to the settings by choosing where to get apps in the settings. However, I cannot find this option when I look...
  10. Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing

in Windows 10 Support
    Apps & Features Choose where to get apps missing: I have started coming across some users having an issue where when I get them to download our remote client from our website. Windows sends the user to the store instead of just using the installation file that has been downloaded. I know there is a setting in the app...