Windows 10: How to completely nuke SSD

Discus and support How to completely nuke SSD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Alright I know I've posted 1 million posts about this but my computer got a RAT, and first I wanted to use DBAN to nuke the hard drive then realized it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Hedts, Jul 18, 2020.

1. /u/Hedts Win User

How to completely nuke SSD

Alright I know I've posted 1 million posts about this but my computer got a RAT, and first I wanted to use DBAN to nuke the hard drive then realized it was a SSD not HDD and I couldn't really find a good free nuking software so is there a like a DBAN alternative for SSDs? If so how do I use it?

submitted by /u/Hedts
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Hedts, Jul 18, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How to completely nuke SSD :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jul 18, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool How to completely nuke SSD :cool:

jmcslob, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

1. How to completely nuke SSD - Similar Threads - completely nuke SSD

2. Nuked network driver??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nuked network driver??: Hello, I made the enormous mistake of updating windows drivers using windows update about 8 hours ago. As a background, I work as a software engineer.My wifi stopped working, so I did everything under the sun to correct the mistake, including speaking with 3 different...
  3. Nuked network driver??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nuked network driver??: Hello, I made the enormous mistake of updating windows drivers using windows update about 8 hours ago. As a background, I work as a software engineer.My wifi stopped working, so I did everything under the sun to correct the mistake, including speaking with 3 different...
  4. Windows 10 Update Nukes Itself

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Nukes Itself: Hey all. I recently updated to the newest version of Windows 10 available to me about an hour ago from a pre-existing windows 10 version. The version numbers I am unable to recall. However, upon reboot during the update, the Preparing Automatic Repair or however way around...
  5. windows 10 nuke display settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 nuke display settings: I enabled a setting on my display adapter using the feature "Remove display from Desktop", well this wrecked havoc on my machine as now I dont have any displays that work. This is a laptop, using a dock doesnt work either as it seems that its a projected display. I am...
  6. Instructioons to nuke auto-brightness indefinitely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Instructioons to nuke auto-brightness indefinitely?: submitted by /u/hey_imKramer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g4iniy/instructioons_to_nuke_autobrightness_indefinitely/
  7. HAD TO NUKE VIRUS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HAD TO NUKE VIRUS: Hi. Five differant apps couldnt budge a bed in virus my only option was a factory reset. All was going well until microsoft wanted me to sign in to microsoft i dont think i can do that. They were on my back before wanting product key ! Please guys ive come so close to...
  8. Complete SSD and HDD integration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Complete SSD and HDD integration: Hello guys! My PC, ASUS TUF GAMING FX504, was running slow, so I installed 8 GB more RAM, so the total of RAM is now 16 GB. Then, I also installed a M.2 SSD (250 GB) from Crucial which is compatible with this computer. It is in complement to my 950 GB HDD which comes shipped...
  9. DBAN (Daric's Boot and Nuke)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DBAN (Daric's Boot and Nuke): DBAN is a tool that some find useful. All this installing, updating, uninstalling, ad infinite, can be simplified somewhat by swapping drives, wiping, replacing, etc. I've also seen posts where drives were trashed?? I doubt it but regardless................... Spare drives...
  10. CPU Nuked from Orbit

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CPU Nuked from Orbit: Slowly but surely, I've noticed my CPU can't keep up with once-normal daily tasks. I use Windows 10 (upgraded) and a SSD. There are two main issues. The first, while using Photoshop (CC) is a spike / total freeze (up to 30 seconds) of the program even when working on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com