Windows 10: How to completely reinstall or downgrade Windows 10 apps (no PowerShell)

Discus and support How to completely reinstall or downgrade Windows 10 apps (no PowerShell) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, we have a problem at workplace. We have Windows Store disabled by group policy but somehow some apps (Windows Calculator in particular) try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Baboo85, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Baboo85 Win User

How to completely reinstall or downgrade Windows 10 apps (no PowerShell)

Hi,

we have a problem at workplace. We have Windows Store disabled by group policy but somehow some apps (Windows Calculator in particular) try to update anyway.

The actual problem on some PCs is: Windows Calculator stop working. It just open and crash immediately.

We tried everything, the final solution is to reinstall the image (that contain the full working apps), Windows 10 version 1809).

What I need is a PERMANENT solution that resolve the problem. I want to COMPLETELY remove the app (the PowerShell command just "uninstall" it but leaves the folders and files under C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\*PackageName*) so we can download it again from the Store.

Using the PowerShell command to "remove" it and "reinstall" it doesn't resolve the problem, the Store detect the app already installed even with the "uninstallation" with PowerShell.

There is a way to delete files and folders (like a normal software removed with "Programs and Features") and reinstall it from scratch or do a full repair or a downgrade of the app?

What we don't want:

- PowerShell commands "Remove-AppxPackage" and "Add-AppxPackage": in this case (and this case only) they don't do anything, the problem persist.

- Create new user or redo the user profile: already done, doesn't work.

- Downgrade or upgrade Windows 10: absolutely no. Not for now, we're just migrating to version 1809.

- DISM and SFC: already done those command and don't work.

- Reinstall the pc: this solves the problem but we can't spend so much time in this for a single app that stops working randomly.

Also, here's the error code from Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: Calculator.exe, version: 10.1904.31.0, time stamp: 0x5cca3785
    Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.17763.404, time stamp: 0x2528b630
    Exception code: 0x00000004
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000039129
    Faulting process id: 0x3814
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d51b9054affb0c
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1904.31.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\Calculator.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
    Report Id: 0f3d8e39-492e-4a92-939a-8f00a4a10ec2
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1904.31.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Faulting package-relative application ID: App

:)

Baboo85, Jun 5, 2019
  2. Riel Alc Win User

reinstall store app windows 10

Did not work for me. I troed it 3 times, allways got an error.

Hi Fernando,

These are the steps to resolve the issue with Windows Store app itself. For better assistance, we suggest creating a new thread about Windows 10 apps installation.

Regards.

Riel Alc, Jun 5, 2019
  3. reinstall app for mail

Hi Camilo,

Thank you for sharing this to the Community. We will be providing the steps on how to uninstall and reinstall the Mail app on your device.

Uninstall Mail app on Windows 10

• On Start menu, search for Windows PowerShell, right-click the result and select Run as administrator.
    • Open PowerShell as admin.
    • Type the following command on PowerShell:

• To complete the process, please restart your device.

Reinstall Mail app on Windows 10

• Launch the Windows Store.
    • Search for "Mail and Calendar"
    • On the result, click the app.
    • To reinstall the app, click "Install".
    • Once done, search for Mail app on the Start
      menu.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jun 5, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How to completely reinstall or downgrade Windows 10 apps (no PowerShell) :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

1. How to completely reinstall or downgrade Windows 10 apps (no PowerShell) - Similar Threads - completely reinstall downgrade

2. Reinstall windows 11 or downgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall windows 11 or downgrade to windows 10: I have many issues with my laptop which is running Windows 11. I dont know what to do anymore and I tried some steps that can resolve the issue but its useless. I need to know if I need to re install Windows 11 or it would be best to downgrade to Windows 10?...
  3. Reinstall windows 11 or downgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstall windows 11 or downgrade to windows 10: I have many issues with my laptop which is running Windows 11. I dont know what to do anymore and I tried some steps that can resolve the issue but its useless. I need to know if I need to re install Windows 11 or it would be best to downgrade to Windows 10?...
  4. is it better to reinstall windows 11 or downgrade to windows 10

is it better to reinstall windows 11 or downgrade to windows 10: recently ive had issues with my laptops windows 11 operating system ive tried many ways to fix this and its not fixing so i want to reinstall or downgrade but i dont know whats betterif reinstalling windows 11 is better please can you send a link that lets me do so...
  5. Reinstall after downgrading.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall after downgrading.: I updated my Windows 10 to 11 using Windows 11 Installation Assistant. I want to downgrade it due to some reason. Will I get an update of windows 11 after downgrading it?...
  6. Reinstall after downgrading.

Reinstall after downgrading.: I updated my Windows 10 to 11 using Windows 11 Installation Assistant. I want to downgrade it due to some reason. Will I get an update of windows 11 after downgrading it?...
  7. Windows 10 downgrade after reinstall the system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 downgrade after reinstall the system: So I purchased an upgrade key and upgraded my windows 10 home to pro using that key. I wanted to have a clean/fresh windows so I did reinstall the system using a USB. After reinstalling the system, my windows 10 downgraded itself to windows home. I was able to use the exact...
  8. Reinstalling Windows 10 after downgrading to Windows 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling Windows 10 after downgrading to Windows 7: Hi there, my computer is a refurbished one given to me by a charity helping people to get computer-literate. When I was first given it is was running Windows 7. It was then upgraded to run Windows 10 but a few months ago I downgraded to Windows 7 in a desperate attempt to...
  9. Cannot complete reinstallation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot complete reinstallation of Windows 10: I did a free upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8 in 2016. Now, I wanted to do a clean reinstall since my laptop was running very slow. After the installation, it asks for product key and even if I select "do this later", I cannot skip it. During the previous install of...
  10. Powershell reinstall of Windows 10 apps messed them all up?

Powershell reinstall of Windows 10 apps messed them all up?: Hi there, So I was having a problem with my calculator app, it would open but I couldn't click the settings to move to any other mode. If I clicked it, it would open and close immediately, making it impossible for me to actually change anything. I searched online, someone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. apps windows 10 downgrade

2. how to downgrade an app on win 10?

3. downgrade App powershell

4. downgrade windows store app,
  5. windows 10 store app downgrade