Windows 10: how to completely remove mcAfee

Discus and support how to completely remove mcAfee in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I have a sorta newish laptop that came with McAfee. I thought I uninstalled it but looking in the task manager: [ATTACH] It's still there. I type... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by W.C. Blitzy, Nov 26, 2019.

1. how to completely remove mcAfee

So I have a sorta newish laptop that came with McAfee. I thought I uninstalled it but looking in the task manager: how to completely remove mcAfee 559d093c-e2db-495b-8ede-cbca6a7be6b8?upload=true.png

It's still there. I type in the Windows search:

how to completely remove mcAfee 5868e191-f13e-40b1-8ed0-560be5787b2b?upload=true.png

When going to "uninstall" it takes me to programs and McAfee isn't on there at all. When I've searched how to remove it completely, I've seen articles state that it's hard to do sometimes.

Any suggestions?

:)

W.C. Blitzy, Nov 26, 2019
  2. Den UK Win User

Completely remove McAfee

Hoping someone might be able to help. I have decided to remove McAfee and simply use Windows Defender because McAfee was using so many resources that it grinds my PC to a halt.

I uninstalled McAfee, but when trying to turn on 'real time scanning' in windows defender, it wouldn't allow me to do this 'greyed out' and shows a message that another AV app is handling this. So I have had to re-install McAfee for the interim.

After reading a many items in 'community', none of which seemed to be the resolution so I'm asking for advice:

How can I completely remove McAfee from my PC > uninstall app and ensure remove from registry?

I think once that is achieved I would be able to use Windows Defender in its entirety.

Hope you can help.

Den

Den UK, Nov 26, 2019
  3. McAfee security

Read through this and it will show you step by step how to remove McAfee from your computer

PC Hell: How to Uninstall McAfee

hTconeM9user, Nov 26, 2019
  4. how to completely remove mcAfee

Roharashraj™, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

how to completely remove mcAfee

1. how to completely remove mcAfee - Similar Threads - completely remove mcAfee

2. Guide for completely removing McAfee

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Guide for completely removing McAfee: Look no further if you are like me and have been stuck with leftover McAfee processes after running the uninstallers.There are plenty of guides with canned answers from Microsoft that have done nothing but frustrate you; this is what you need to do.This is a known solution...
  3. Guide for completely removing McAfee

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Guide for completely removing McAfee: Look no further if you are like me and have been stuck with leftover McAfee processes after running the uninstallers.There are plenty of guides with canned answers from Microsoft that have done nothing but frustrate you; this is what you need to do.This is a known solution...
  4. Issues removing mcafee

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues removing mcafee: After a long winded battle with incompatible drivers I decided it was time to reset my pc. I opted to completely remove everything and start from scratch. After the reset I found that Mcafee was installed once again on my pc. I personally find the web advisor for this program...
  5. Issues removing mcafee

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues removing mcafee: After a long winded battle with incompatible drivers I decided it was time to reset my pc. I opted to completely remove everything and start from scratch. After the reset I found that Mcafee was installed once again on my pc. I personally find the web advisor for this program...
  6. How to completely remove McAfee virus protection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to completely remove McAfee virus protection: unable to download MCPR tool to remove McAfee virus protection - message "virus scan failed" received each time I try. How can I overcome this?...
  7. Removing McAfee

Removing McAfee: I'm trying to uninstall my McAfee from my laptop and replace with a new one, however and this is the message I get McAfee Agent cannot be removed because other products are still using it. How do I find out what other product is using McAfee so i can close them? I don't have...
  8. Can't remove mcafee

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't remove mcafee: I have tried everything I can think of to remove mcafee. I have don't normal way. I have tried using the mcafee removing tool. I went to the actual folder in programs to delete it. I did all of that and did a clean boot. I only thing I havent done is a reset on the computer,...
  9. How to remove McAfee LiveSafe

How to remove McAfee LiveSafe: My computer came with a one month free trial of McAfee LiveSafe which has now expired and I have tried to delete it but with no luck. I now cant restore my Firewall settings back to Windows security so am being told that my computer is at risk. How can I fix this? Julie...
  10. removing mcafee livesafe

removing mcafee livesafe: How do I completely remove ALL traces of pre-installed mcafee livesafe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_updating-windows_10/removing-mcafee-livesafe/e3675dc0-4408-46c2-8082-fefecc10d07b