Windows 10: How to Completely Remove OneDrive

Discus and support How to Completely Remove OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I know that this seems like a somewhat strange thing to do, but I need to completely get rid of my OneDrive-related files and transfer them to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Minor Architect, May 21, 2019.

1. How to Completely Remove OneDrive

I know that this seems like a somewhat strange thing to do, but I need to completely get rid of my OneDrive-related files and transfer them to C:/Users/MyUserName/, not C:/Users/MyUserName/OneDrive/ . I need to do this because I believe that my School Network interferes with it and denies me access to my files, through errors, or stating that I do not have the appropriate permissions even though I am the Administrator and the only account on this Computer. It brings up errors like this that I get even connected to my home network: How to Completely Remove OneDrive 7789866b-334d-44ab-bedd-bb6f9c0960aa?upload=true.png

I would rather know the exact location of a single copy of all my files on my Computer rather than having them saved in 2 places in some complex cloud system that I would never have agreed to if I was given the choice.I have tried to Uninstall the OneDrive application through settings and delete the OneDrive folder, but then I had none of my documents and had to re-install and re-sync to get access to my work. Then I tried going into Properties->Location of the Documents folder to try to move all the files in it to The Documents folder in my User folder, and I get this message: How to Completely Remove OneDrive 0cfc892b-e94f-4eb6-9674-3d05bac6caa8?upload=true.png This does not make any sense to me, and it is incredibly frustrating when I can't open files in my Documents folder after I have saved them fine on rare occasions at school, but can't open them at home, yet if I copy the file to my C: or D: drive, I can open them fine. Or when I can't save anything at all to my documents folder but can save things to my C: or D: Drives.
    Anyway, to summarise, I basically need a way to get rid of OneDrive and move the My PC folders to C:/Users/MyUsername/
    Thanks in advance for your help.

:)

Minor Architect, May 21, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 21, 2019
  3. stickie Win User
    Remove OneDrive

Hi .... wish to remove OneDrive from fresh install W10.....
    have uninstalled it from inside Control Panel but am unnerved to find a OneDrive folder lurking in my username folder, which contains some 10GB predominantly a clone of my Desktop ... please, please could someone provide the steps necessary to completely remove it ..... thanks in advance ..... Alan D Kerr

File sharing and storage made simple

stickie, May 21, 2019
  4. 3Colors Win User

How to Completely Remove OneDrive

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How to Completely Remove OneDrive :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 21, 2019
Thema:

How to Completely Remove OneDrive

1. How to Completely Remove OneDrive - Similar Threads - Completely Remove OneDrive

2. How to completely remove CoCreator?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to completely remove CoCreator?: I'm an artist, and I DO NOT support AI art. How can I disable the AI tool from Paint completely? Also, how can I set privacy settings to ensure CoCreator does NOT take my work I might do/edit in Paint as samples to create more AI art?...
  3. How to completely remove the GameBar

How to completely remove the GameBar: I tried it with a PowerShell script, even though I removed it, I still get this popup every time I open the game, and it's much more annoying than having the GameBar installed. How do I remove this popup as well?...
  4. How to completely remove the GameBar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely remove the GameBar: I tried it with a PowerShell script, even though I removed it, I still get this popup every time I open the game, and it's much more annoying than having the GameBar installed. How do I remove this popup as well?...
  5. How to completely stop Onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to completely stop Onedrive: I have been enjoying frustrations in attempting to stop OneDrive. I know how to 'quit it' but when rebooting, it pops up again, as that little icon thing down on the Taskbar. Can one or two advise how to stop OneDrive from showing up on this computer, till I should need it...
  6. How to completely stop Onedrive

How to completely stop Onedrive: I have been enjoying frustrations in attempting to stop OneDrive. I know how to 'quit it' but when rebooting, it pops up again, as that little icon thing down on the Taskbar. Can one or two advise how to stop OneDrive from showing up on this computer, till I should need it...
  7. How to remove onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to remove onedrive: I used my friend's PC when mine was being repaired. I did not want him to create a user Id for me on his PC. I was working under his ID. I signed on to my one drive on his PC because I need to access my data. Now every time he sign on, he is able to see my one drive folder....
  8. completely removing onedrive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    completely removing onedrive: Hi. I'm want to use bash to create a folder in my desktop. I type: cd desktop mkdir newfolder and the newfolder is created in c:/users/myname/desktop but the folder isn't in my actual desktop as this is in onedrive. I know this because if I create a new folder in my...
  9. Towards a Full and Complete Removal of ONEDRIVE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Towards a Full and Complete Removal of ONEDRIVE: I am a 30-year PC tech, now retired. I ran a program to tell me why and what was slowing my Win10 Pro PC's 3 of them to a crawl starting within a few months of installation. I also used Task Manager to verify the high network, CPU and drive usage min 30% and max at 100% all...
  10. how to completely remove mcAfee

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to completely remove mcAfee: So I have a sorta newish laptop that came with McAfee. I thought I uninstalled it but looking in the task manager: [ATTACH] It's still there. I type in the Windows search: [ATTACH] When going to "uninstall" it takes me to programs and McAfee isn't on there at all. When...