Windows 10: How to completely remove Windows Features? NET framework 3.5 includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0

Discus and support How to completely remove Windows Features? NET framework 3.5 includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I installed this because a third party needed this in order for the application to work. Now my computer is extremely slow and I don't know what to do?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kilde_0, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Kilde_0 Win User

How to completely remove Windows Features? NET framework 3.5 includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0

I installed this because a third party needed this in order for the application to work. Now my computer is extremely slow and I don't know what to do?

I turned off all features of .NET framework 3.5 however my computer is still slow. IF I installed the program then there should be a way for me to uninstall it right? I tried factory reset.

I don't know much about hacking, but I'm pretty sure if a hacker found out a way to make program that is unremovable from the device once installed, EVEN WHEN YOU DO A FACTORY RESET, then we are all totally ****.

Also I tagged this category as virus and malware because I believe that .NET framework 3.5 is a virus/malware that needs to be removed.

Should I smash my computer in a wall and get a new one?

:)

Kilde_0, Sep 7, 2020

2. Net framework version 2.0

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• Did you install any software recently? Is yes what that software is?

Please follow bellow steps and check if it helps.

• Type Programs and Features in Search bar and launch it.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on and off.
    • Look for .NET Framework 3.5(Includes .NET 2. 0 AND .NET 3.0) and .NET Framework 4.6 Advanced Services.
    • Make sure both of this features are checked or selected.
    • Check if the issue persist.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Onizuka Win User
    .NET Franework 3.5 including .NET 2.0 AND 3.0 Needed

I tried downloading it and it gives me this message:
    How to completely remove Windows Features? NET framework 3.5 includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0 [​IMG]

I'm not really good with pc's so please dont make it to complicated *Biggrin

Onizuka, Sep 7, 2020
  4. How to completely remove Windows Features? NET framework 3.5 includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0

Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

How to completely remove Windows Features? NET framework 3.5 includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0

1. How to completely remove Windows Features? NET framework 3.5 includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0 - Similar Threads - completely remove Features

2. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  3. Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to enable .net framework 3..5: Windows couldn't complete the requested changes.Windows couldn't find the files to complete the requested changes. Make sure you are connected to internet, and try again.Error code: 0x80070490I was trying to enable .net framework 3.5 and it bombs with the above error...
  4. .NET 3 and 5 update failures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET 3 and 5 update failures: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm trying to update my copies of .NET 3 and .NET 5. I need these current for my Python work. Every time that Windows Update tries to update these, it fails. I've tried running each singularly or together. Same results. Rebooting and...
  5. .NET 3 and 5 update failures

.NET 3 and 5 update failures: I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium and I'm trying to update my copies of .NET 3 and .NET 5. I need these current for my Python work. Every time that Windows Update tries to update these, it fails. I've tried running each singularly or together. Same results. Rebooting and...
  6. Announcing .NET Core 3 Preview 3

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing .NET Core 3 Preview 3: Today, we are announcing .NET Core 3.0 Preview 3. We would like to update you on the .NET Core 3.0 schedule and introduce you to improvements in .NET Core SDK installers, Docker containers, Range, and Index. We also have updates on the Windows Desktop and Entity Framework...
  7. .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0): hi everyone, i have issues installing this feature. "windows couldn't complete the requested changes" error code: 0x800F0950 please help, thanks...
  8. Announcing .NET Core 3 Preview 2

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing .NET Core 3 Preview 2: .NET Core 3.0 Preview 2 is now available and it includes a bunch of new updates to ASP.NET Core. Here's the list of what's new in this preview: Razor Components SignalR client-to-server streaming Pipes on HttpContext Generic host in templates Endpoint routing updates Get...
  9. .NET Framework Intitialization Error In Neuro-Programmer 3

in Windows 10 Customization
    .NET Framework Intitialization Error In Neuro-Programmer 3: I switched over to a computer using Windows 10 from Windows 7, and can no longer use Neuro-Programmer 3. I keep getting the error: "Please set registry key HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\InstallRoot to point to the .NET Framework install location" I understand that...
  10. Remove .NET framework 4.7

Remove .NET framework 4.7: Hello, After reading AutoCAD forums there is a known problem running .NET framework 4.7 with AutoCAD. (It will not boot up on my computer). Therefore, I want to uninstall .NET framework 4.7 for 4.6. After looking at the registry I can see that 4.7 is installed but...