Windows 10: How to completely remove Windows system installed UI language German to US English

Discus and support How to completely remove Windows system installed UI language German to US English in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all I've purchase a new laptop in Germany, the machine supplied with a Windows 10 Pro in German de-DE. First thing I've done was to changed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AmiSaban, Jan 10, 2021.

1. AmiSaban Win User

How to completely remove Windows system installed UI language German to US English

Hi all

I've purchase a new laptop in Germany, the machine supplied with a Windows 10 Pro in German de-DE.

First thing I've done was to changed the language to en-US on the Language options by choosing English US language pack, and move it up so the German language has the option to be removed.

Second thing: I've changed the Region advanced option copy all the en-US settings to the Welcome screen and New user, followed by a restart and then I deleted the German language pack, and changing all the Language, Location, Regional format, Speech etc.. to English US.

I installed the Hebrew language as well, but not as the system's display language just keyboard layout.

After restarting the pc, I have noticed that there're some German "leftovers" some Start menu items, the Speaker icon on taskbar shows as "Lautsprecher", some menus and descriptions on Local User and Group lusrmgr.msc, and a few apps.

I was searching for an online solution, and I was surprised to see that this is very common problem, but I still can't remove the German UI/system language completely.

I have tried the following options:

1. RUN: lpksetup /u - German language cannot be delete because it's the default system language.

2. PowerShell - By using: Get WinUserLanguageList, de-DE languagewasn't show there at all !!! only English and Hebrew:

LanguageTag : en-US

Autonym : English United States

EnglishName : English

LocalizedName : English United States

ScriptName : Latin

InputMethodTips : {0409:00000409}

Spellchecking : True

Handwriting : False

LanguageTag : he

Autonym : עברית

EnglishName : Hebrew

LocalizedName : Hebrew

ScriptName : Hebrew

InputMethodTips : {040D:0002040D}

Spellchecking : True

Handwriting : False

3. Command Prompt - DISM /online /get-intl: I've got this result:

Reporting online international settings.

Default system UI language : de-DE

The UI language fallback is : en-US

System locale : en-US

Default time zone : W. Europe Standard Time

Active keyboards : 0409:00000409, 040d:0002040d

Keyboard layered driver : Not installed.

Installed languages: de-DE

Type : Partially localized language, MUI type.

Fallback Languages en-US

Installed languages: en-US

Type : Fully localized language.

Installed languages: he-IL

Type : Partially localized language, MUI type.

Fallback Languages en-US

4. I tried to do this as well: RUN: %windir%\system32\sysprep\sysprep.exe According to the guide I have foundhere. but I was never asked which language I want to use to setup Windows...

Is there any solution for this issue???

I was sure that it's so simple procedure, after all it's just to change the system language, not supposed to be so complicated :

Anyway, I'll be very happy to know how to remove German language completely and useonly en-US as system language.

Thanks in advance.

Ami

:)

AmiSaban, Jan 10, 2021
  2. RejZoR Win User

Microsoft no english language windows for you!

What I hate more with latest Windows is the stupid localization of apps and features based on your location. Basically, if you want Windows in English and you have currency, date, time and all that crap set for your country (outside UK and US) you'll have half the OS in English and other half (tiles, integrated apps etc) in bloody native language. And this is really pissing me off because it looks horrendously ugly.

I only had language selection issues with Windows 8.1 tablet purchased from Germany. It came pre-configured with German language and due to bug in Windows, I was unable to install English no matter what. I had to hack it using manually downloaded language pack and import it using cmd. It later got fixed by an update, but it was still annoying considering my understanding of German is quite rusty...

Personally, I never bothered getting Windows official way. I always checked torrent sites for "untouched" versions of Windows. Meaning it's an ISO image from 3rd party source that hasn't been pre-cracked or pre-patched in any way. You can also check the hash of downloaded image to be sure (usually found on MSDN pages). I suggest you do it this way. Just grab Win7 64bit Ultimate English from some torrent site and check the hash to be sure it's really unmodified and clean.

RejZoR, Jan 10, 2021
  3. How to add English/ German language packs on Windows 10?

Hi Sveta,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know the complete error message/ error code of this issue?

I suggest you to try the below steps to change/add the language and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click Settings. Select the
      Time and Language Icon.
    • In the next window, click Region and Language. Click
      Add A Language
    • Select the language (English/ German) you want to use. This will add the language to the
      Region and Language window.
    • Click the Language that you added and select the Add As Default button. You can also click the
      Options Button and add a keyboard for the new language.

Reference: Language packs

Also, refer to Language Control Panel to change the system language.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Naki Win User

How to completely remove Windows system installed UI language German to US English

Sugggestion (BUG): German is not English

English is not like German! We do not capitalize nouns in English the way it happens in German.
    So, the Options should be not like they are now, but like this:
    Check for update...
    Enable help tooltips
    Always on top
    Load on Windows startup
    Sensors use Fahrenheit (this one is correct)
    Tooltip language
    ... (this one is correct)

Launch GPU-Z installer...
    About... (this one is correct)

Thema:

1. How to completely remove Windows system installed UI language German to US English - Similar Threads - completely remove system

2. how to change default language in windows 11 from German to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change default language in windows 11 from German to English: I have a computer. that has German as its default language. I would like to change the default language from German to English. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-language-in-windows-11-from/f8268e2d-feb3-4a6c-8d0f-166b84d2c45c
  3. how to change default language in windows 11 from German to English

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change default language in windows 11 from German to English: I have a computer. that has German as its default language. I would like to change the default language from German to English. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-default-language-in-windows-11-from/f8268e2d-feb3-4a6c-8d0f-166b84d2c45c
  4. Change language from German to English for Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change language from German to English for Windows 11: I purchased a new Dell computer and purchased Windows 11. I've uploaded it, but now all the menus are in German. I found instructions in English on how to change the language, but everything is in German so I can't follow the instructions. Help!...
  5. Change language from German to English for Windows 11

Change language from German to English for Windows 11: I purchased a new Dell computer and purchased Windows 11. I've uploaded it, but now all the menus are in German. I found instructions in English on how to change the language, but everything is in German so I can't follow the instructions. Help!...
  6. Change the UI language of Windows 11 from German to English US

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change the UI language of Windows 11 from German to English US: I want to change the default language of Windows 11, having it in German, is quite annoying. I want to turn it into English US, eliminating all the German leftoversOn this thread, somebody has my identical...
  7. Change the UI language of Windows 11 from German to English US

Change the UI language of Windows 11 from German to English US: I want to change the default language of Windows 11, having it in German, is quite annoying. I want to turn it into English US, eliminating all the German leftoversOn this thread, somebody has my identical...
  8. English/German Keyboard-language issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    English/German Keyboard-language issue: Hello there. I've recently installed the German language keyboard onto my American keyboard. I've done this in the past on other computers and didn't seem to have an issue. I have this on my laptop currently, also no issue. However, only on this computer--my...
  9. windows 10 language , using english and german, continues to fail installing german speech...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 language , using english and german, continues to fail installing german speech...: hello I am wondering if anyone had this situation using windows 10, latest build, etc main language is US englisch, in addition I added the german language pack, works fine so far. but windows fails and retries to install the german speech recognition, it repeats that...
  10. How to Convert german language to English on windows 10.

How to Convert german language to English on windows 10.: I am facing the language problem on my windows 10 .My relative send it to me from German . But I lived in Bangladesh. And I try but with saw many videos on youtube .But I can't solve this problem. Is there anyone who is facing the same problem ?and give me the Actual...