Windows 10: how to completely uninstall a software

Discus and support how to completely uninstall a software in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I installed a software two days ago. Now I wish to uninstall it completely and want my PC to be in the state as it was before installing it. A simple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam9, Mar 2, 2016.

1. sam9 Win User

how to completely uninstall a software

I installed a software two days ago. Now I wish to uninstall it completely and want my PC to be in the state as it was before installing it. A simple uninstall may leave some of the backdoor components installed by this software. Unfortunately, Windows 10 has System Restore off by default which I forgot, so can't use the System Restore.

:)

sam9, Mar 2, 2016
  2. hadimassa Win User

How to completely uninstall a program?

Check this out:

hadimassa, Mar 2, 2016
  3. How to completely uninstall a program?

keep in mind, that this is going to reformat your device and wipe all your data.

which will make you reinstall all your applications.

so best to figure out what application you have installed first to determine what you should do.

ceroberts75, Mar 2, 2016
  4. how to completely uninstall a software

Sorry, there is no simple way -- as installing any application typically involves writing files to lots of different folders and adding entries to the Registry, as well.

There are third--party Uninstallers that claim to be able to do this. One I've seen referenced a lot is Revo Uninstaller: http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html

There may be others, as well -- since I don't use these, I don't know about them -- but others here may be able to provide other suggestions.

Good Luck

Mark Phelps, Mar 2, 2016
  5. cereberus Win User
    Yeah - Revo usually does a great job.

I recently could not reinstall MS Office 2010 after having some issues with Outlook, despite having uninstalled via Windows. I had fortunately only made an image backup a few hours earlier, and so I restored image and used Revo to uninstall it, and it worked fine (on the medium setting), and I was able to reinstall 2010.

Revo has three levels of cleanup ie basic (more or less same as Windows), medium where it trawls key registry settings, and deep which does a really thorough spring clean but could be a bit riskier. I have always found medium to be adequate.

cereberus, Mar 2, 2016
  6. kipper Win User
    Iobit uninstaller does a nice job of getting everything.........

kipper, Mar 2, 2016
  7. Rocky Win User
    I also recommend Revo or CCleaner.

Rocky, Mar 3, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Revo uninstaller as suggested to you is more than adequate.

A month or so ago, I decided to uninstall Chrome. It refused to uninstall using Programs and Features method.
    I used Revo and not only it uninstalled promptly , it also asked if I wanted to remove everything from the registry.
    I consented and it showed me where they were in the registry with BOLD prints, and I removed all the remnants left in the registry.
    A wonderful program to have.

davidhk, Mar 3, 2016
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    *Ditto*Ditto*Ditto I actually bought Revo, does a great job like you posted. *Smile

OldMike65, Mar 3, 2016
  10. TrustMe Win User
    TrustMe, Mar 3, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    I don't know where you get this info from.
    The experience I posted ( post #6 ) was on my Win 10 Home 64-bit.
    I was using the Revo free version

davidhk, Mar 3, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    Since your post, I did a little googling and I found this.......................

excerpt:
    The free version of Revo Uninstaller does not offer full 64-bit compatibility which means that it won't list 64-bit programs in its interface.
    That's a serious issue right there as it limits program functionality on 64-bit systems.
    http://www.ghacks.net/2015/04/18/whi...er-on-windows/

That means it may have trouble uninstalling 64-bit programs if they are not listed.
    However it will have no trouble uninstalling any 32-bit programs on a 64-bit Windows.

I also read in another site that Revo may not cleanly remove a 64-bit program. It does not say it won't uninstall a 64-bit program. That appears to contradict what the above said.

excerpt :
    Cons Doesn't cleanly uninstall 64-bit apps. Doesn't remove browser toolbars and plug-ins.
    Revo Uninstaller (for PC)

davidhk, Mar 3, 2016
  13. how to completely uninstall a software

There are only 2 free uninstaller with 64-bit support, I know of:

GeekUninstaller and Wise Program Uninstaller

I can confirm, that Revo Free does not uninstall 64-bit software, at least not all.

TairikuOkami, Mar 3, 2016
  14. OldMike65 Win User
    Well that's interesting, but I CAN confirm that the Paid version of Revo works fine for ANY uninstall of 64 bit programs. Guess that might be the difference between the paid and free versions. Interesting.....

OldMike65, Mar 3, 2016
  15. sam9 Win User
    With respect to every one, it is not that I am not able to uninstall. The only thing is that I want to be sure that not a component has been left. Regarding Revo, as you all suggested, again how I would be sure that Revo has removed all components. One more thing has come up during discussion that is that Revo is not compatible with 64 bit programs. How do I know that the software I installed was 32 or 64 bit. Thanks

Thema:

1. how to completely uninstall a software - Similar Threads - completely uninstall software

2. How to Uninstall windows completely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Uninstall windows completely: I'm trying to get rid of drivers and chipsets I installed on a from scratch build. Something went wrong and the drivers are corrupted and won't let me install a new set of drivers. its causing sound distortion via bluetooth and refusing to let me download things. I tried a...
  3. How to Uninstall windows completely

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Uninstall windows completely: I'm trying to get rid of drivers and chipsets I installed on a from scratch build. Something went wrong and the drivers are corrupted and won't let me install a new set of drivers. its causing sound distortion via bluetooth and refusing to let me download things. I tried a...
  4. How to completely uninstall any software with leftovers ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to completely uninstall any software with leftovers ?: I want to uninstall any software completely like it was never installed in the first place . I don't want to do the stuffs manually . Previously I always used the default uninstaller that comes with the softwares . After uninstalling sometimes the folder remains there . So I...
  5. How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus Completely

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Uninstall Avast Antivirus Completely: Can anyone help me in uninstalling avast antivirus completely? I tried to uninstall it through device manager but it is not uninstalled completely. Need permanent solution of it. Thank You in advance....
  6. To Uninstall Software

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    To Uninstall Software: Uninstall software and remove unwanted programs installed on your computer even if you have problems uninstalling and cannot uninstall them from "Windows Add or Remove Programs" control panel....
  7. How to Uninstall Completely softwares

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Uninstall Completely softwares: [ATTACH] I use Your Uninstaller software but I still find some folders of uninstalled softwares in AppData/Local. For example, Marmoset Toolbag3, Quixel. Can I delete these folders?...
  8. Complete Uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Complete Uninstall: 3-31-2020 Thanks for any help. I have uninstalled Macrium Reflect in the normal way but it has left garbage on my computer. It seems that Microsoft has sown it into Windows 10. How can I completely get rid of it????????? 153328
  9. Software uninstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Software uninstall: I am trying to uninstall Quicken 2016. I am running windows10. I get error code 1721 when I try to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-uninstall/4a476f38-a657-4ac2-880f-13ee9501abef
  10. How to Uninstall Software Program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to Uninstall Software Program: How do you uninstall a pesky third party software program in Windows 10? The program came with the PC; clicked on it to see what it was about and unfortunately could not uninstall it. When we tried to uninstall it, the program's Install Wizard Shield appeared; selected...