Windows 10: how to conert jpg file to ico

Discus and support how to conert jpg file to ico in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I convert a JPG file to ICO file [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YoYo's World, Jun 11, 2019.

1. how to conert jpg file to ico

How do I convert a JPG file to ICO file

how to conert jpg file to ico be371012-6493-43e1-bfee-bab46d660daa?upload=true.jpg

:)

YoYo's World, Jun 11, 2019

2. Why .ICO files blurry when you convert from an image?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to change a picture to.ico format and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Select the image\picture you want to convert into .ico.
    • Now resize the image to 32x32 using Paint or Photo Gallery.
    • Save the file and just rename it to with an .ico extension and also select 24bit bitmap.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 11, 2019
  3. JimWynne Win User
    ico files?

You're referring to icon files, and most graphics programs can open them, including Paint. Right click on a .ico file, choose "Open with..." and take your choice.

JimWynne, Jun 11, 2019
  4. how to conert jpg file to ico

Thumbnails of ICO files down't show up if stored in OneDrive

Ever since Microsoft OneDrive updated to Version 2017 (Build 17.3.7059.0930), all my PDF files that I have stored show thumbnails which never happened before. Great.

how to conert jpg file to ico [​IMG]

However, all my ICO (*.ico) files no longer show thumbnails after they are synched like they used to. Here is a screenshot I took showing the new icons I saved yesterday (which haven't been synched) and older ones that are synched.

how to conert jpg file to ico [​IMG]

How do I get my icon thumbnails back?

What I've already done:

1. Rebuild icon cache (Go to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer; delete all iconcache_*.db files)
    2. Icrease size of icon cache (Regedit; KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer; New String Value "Max cached icons"; Set to 8MB "8192")

Silverfish2910, Jun 11, 2019
Thema:

how to conert jpg file to ico

1. how to conert jpg file to ico - Similar Threads - conert jpg file

2. JPG to ICO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    JPG to ICO: My computer is running, Windows 10.But that's not an issue, in this case.To replace the picture, on a desktop icon.You have to convert, a JPEG. To an, ICO file.Whatever your, picture format is.It must be converted. To an, ICO file.For example, my movie icon. I prefer, cartoon...
  3. JPG to ICO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    JPG to ICO: My computer is running, Windows 10.But that's not an issue, in this case.To replace the picture, on a desktop icon.You have to convert, a JPEG. To an, ICO file.Whatever your, picture format is.It must be converted. To an, ICO file.For example, my movie icon. I prefer, cartoon...
  4. JPG to ICO

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. jpg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    jpg files: I have some pictures that will not open due to jpg file, no instruction is complete enough to fix the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/jpg-files/f9f080be-6835-4841-8ca6-d4fc33edf4ee
  6. Convert jpg to ico in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Convert jpg to ico in windows 10: For some unknown reason, ICO Converter stopped sending downloads to my Download folder. It finds a file and uploads it, Then it converts the file to ICO and downloads it. I do not know where the downloads are being sent. What caused the change. How can I redirect ICO to...
  7. ico files will not show corectly.

ico files will not show corectly.: I've been trying to get ICO files to show up in File Explorer and they will not show. I see the icon of where I can open it but not the picture itself. If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated...
  8. JPG Files

JPG Files: On my external hard drive some of the files have changed from JPEG to JPG. I did not do this change. I currently use Windows Photos to view my pictures however it does not open up the JPG files even though according to Microsoft it should. I have tried other programs as...
  9. Transparency lost for .ico files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transparency lost for .ico files?: I'm changing some of my icons on my Desktop. I'm using MS Paint, and whenever I resize the file to 32 pixels horizontal and vertical, save under the extension .ico and save as 24-bit bitmap, the transparency never works. The area that is supposed to be transparent is white...
  10. .jpg files

.jpg files: Need access to my .jpg files from a trip in 2011 Cannot even see .jpg files on flash drive I saved to or with PPoint files I created Using Windows 10 How do I gain access to these pictures?? Deadline today...please let me know ASAP Thanks for your help with this...