Windows 10: how to conert jpg file to ico

Discus and support how to conert jpg file to ico in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I convert a JPG file to ICO file [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by YoYo's World, Jun 11, 2019 at 6:52 PM.

1. how to conert jpg file to ico

How do I convert a JPG file to ICO file

how to conert jpg file to ico be371012-6493-43e1-bfee-bab46d660daa?upload=true.jpg

:)

YoYo's World, Jun 11, 2019 at 6:52 PM

2. Why .ICO files blurry when you convert from an image?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below on how to change a picture to.ico format and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Select the image\picture you want to convert into .ico.
    • Now resize the image to 32x32 using Paint or Photo Gallery.
    • Save the file and just rename it to with an .ico extension and also select 24bit bitmap.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jun 11, 2019 at 6:55 PM
  3. JimWynne Win User
    ico files?

You're referring to icon files, and most graphics programs can open them, including Paint. Right click on a .ico file, choose "Open with..." and take your choice.

4. how to conert jpg file to ico

Thumbnails of ICO files down't show up if stored in OneDrive

Ever since Microsoft OneDrive updated to Version 2017 (Build 17.3.7059.0930), all my PDF files that I have stored show thumbnails which never happened before. Great.

how to conert jpg file to ico [​IMG]

However, all my ICO (*.ico) files no longer show thumbnails after they are synched like they used to. Here is a screenshot I took showing the new icons I saved yesterday (which haven't been synched) and older ones that are synched.

how to conert jpg file to ico [​IMG]

How do I get my icon thumbnails back?

What I've already done:

1. Rebuild icon cache (Go to C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer; delete all iconcache_*.db files)
    2. Icrease size of icon cache (Regedit; KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer; New String Value "Max cached icons"; Set to 8MB "8192")

Silverfish2910, Jun 11, 2019 at 6:55 PM
Thema:

how to conert jpg file to ico

1. how to conert jpg file to ico - Similar Threads - conert jpg file

2. Picky jpg files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picky jpg files: Simply put, I recently got a new laptop that has Windows 10 on it. It's picky on what jpg. files it wants to let me open. It'll download just fine, but when they actually show up, all I get is: 'it looks like we don't support this file format'. Now, I have no doubts that you...
  3. JPG file not supported

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    JPG file not supported: Good Morning, I have recently transferred photos from a Samsung galaxy S6 to my laptop with windows 10, once the transfer was complete the photos would not display, the message keeps saying file format not supported. I have done this process many times before and have had no...
  4. sorting jpg files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sorting jpg files: I would like to sort a file by extension copy.jpg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sorting-jpg-files/e814de97-47b8-42f3-b96d-d31921efc5d1
  5. How to convert .411 Files to .jpg?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to convert .411 Files to .jpg?: I have a Mavica FD-73 camera that uses floppy discs. The files are stored as indexed files and I want to convert these files to .jpg? At one time back in the 1980's I could easily open and store these files using Windows....
  6. JPG files won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    JPG files won't open: I updated my computer based on your recent push on July 11, 2018. Since I did the update, I cannot open my jpg files. I keep receiving "File Error (-2147219196). I've attempted to restore it to the last restore point on July 9, 2018. However this does not fix the problem....
  7. Opening JPG files?

in Browsers and Email
    Opening JPG files?: He guys! Just wondering if you can program windows to open up JPG image files via the Edge Browser? 14761
  8. How to repair corrupted JPG files & prevent corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    How to repair corrupted JPG files & prevent corruption: I have a collection of JPG files and when trying to open those old JPG files, I find corrupted ones in them. It is always very disappointing but I have no idea how and when they happened. The storage media is 1TB SSD (Samsung 850 Pro-MZ-7KE1T). My question is if there is...
  9. Changing multiple files of '.file' to '.jpg'

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing multiple files of '.file' to '.jpg': Hi, How can I change multiple file of '.file' to '.jpg'. The icon that I get currently is a white icon and I want to be able to see the photos. Thank in advance *Smile 34312
  10. No jpg file association ?

in Windows 10 Support
    No jpg file association ?: I double clicked on xxx.jpg and LibreOffice opened. I wanted to change the program to IrfanView. I went in through Start > search > associations. How could they screw that up ? 10703