Windows 10: How to configure "copying" progress window to show what folders are being copied instead...

Discus and support How to configure "copying" progress window to show what folders are being copied instead... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How to configure "copying" progress window to show what folders are being copied instead just useless "from Local Disk (F:) to DATA (D:)" ? "copying"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RadProWK, May 10, 2019.

1. RadProWK Win User

How to configure "copying" progress window to show what folders are being copied instead...

How to configure "copying" progress window to show what folders are being copied instead just useless "from Local Disk (FHow to configure "copying" progress window to show what folders are being copied instead... :) to DATA (DHow to configure "copying" progress window to show what folders are being copied instead... :)" ?

"copying" progress window is useless if you initiate multiple copying sessions and one of them gets stuck as in the figure below. Then user has no clue as to which of the sessions got affected...

:)

RadProWK, May 10, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 10, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, May 10, 2019
  4. machare Win User

How to configure "copying" progress window to show what folders are being copied instead...

Viewing progress windows when copying files or folders

With Windows 8, if I copy files or folders from one disk to another, a window appears which shows the progress. This is very useful.

Windows 10 does not show this window. Is there a way to make it appear?

machare, May 10, 2019
Thema:

1. How to configure "copying" progress window to show what folders are being copied instead... - Similar Threads - configure copying progress

2. Copy bar progress

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy bar progress: Good Morning!I wonder if someone could please help me. When copying/backing up large folders, sometimes the process takes an hour or more due to the number of files being copied. However, sometimes the progress indicator gets to 99% before closing/finishing and other times it...
  3. Copy bar progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy bar progress: Good Morning!I wonder if someone could please help me. When copying/backing up large folders, sometimes the process takes an hour or more due to the number of files being copied. However, sometimes the progress indicator gets to 99% before closing/finishing and other times it...
  4. Copy bar progress

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. configuration copy

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    configuration copy: Hello all, Is there any built in Windows tool for copying the computer configuration ? We have several laptops to configure all the same way, and we would like to have a simple task to run rather than a task list... We found CloneApp, wich seems to be fine, but I thought...
  6. Windows 10 I move a folder but it copies it instead

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 I move a folder but it copies it instead: Windows 10 I move a folder but it copies it instead. I have cut the folder and pasted the folder then it supposed to be gone from where I cut it but its just not doing it. ? I have done it 3 times I cut and pasted and I right clicked and dragged but this pesky folder still...
  7. Copy Windows 10 configuration

in Windows 10 Customization
    Copy Windows 10 configuration: Hello I have around 10 Wİndows 10 Pro pc's and I want to use the same configuration on each PC. Region, date time and keyboard configuration. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-windows-10-configuration/4c314ead-d852-4ee1-a156-604aa4feb6de
  8. Folder copy instead of overwrite

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder copy instead of overwrite: When I copy folders to my flash drive I sometimes get "foldername - copy" added instead of the folder being over written. Does any one know why ? 99671
  9. How to copy a folder into same folder without creating copy of folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to copy a folder into same folder without creating copy of folder?: How do I do this in Windows 10? I have a folder of files, and I want to copy the folder and all of its contents onto an external hardisk which already contains a folder of the same name, and also contains some of the files that I am now trying to copy. Prior to Windows 10, a...
  10. Viewing progress windows when copying files or folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Viewing progress windows when copying files or folders: With Windows 8, if I copy files or folders from one disk to another, a window appears which shows the progress. This is very useful. Windows 10 does not show this window. Is there a way to make it appear? 36222

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 copying show progress