Windows 10: How to configure Ethernet and wireless channels on the same computer?

Discus and support How to configure Ethernet and wireless channels on the same computer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Netgear 7000 router. My desktop computer is normally connected by Ethernet cable to the router. My two laptops are wireless. My goal is to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stanhilliard, May 18, 2019.

1. How to configure Ethernet and wireless channels on the same computer?

I have a Netgear 7000 router. My desktop computer is normally connected by Ethernet cable to the router. My two laptops are wireless.

My goal is to add the option to connect the desktop computer to the internet by wireless or Ethernet, so I recently added a USB wireless dongle.

When I choose the wireless route, the cabled option does not turn off. Both wired and wireless options show as connected. They are both using the same SSID. There is no indication which path to the router is actually used. This does not seem right to me.

Is there a better way to set this up so I can choose to access the internet by wireless or Ethernet?

:)

stanhilliard, May 18, 2019
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

How to configure Ethernet and wireless channels on the same computer? install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

How to configure Ethernet and wireless channels on the same computer? pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

How to configure Ethernet and wireless channels on the same computer? select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

How to configure Ethernet and wireless channels on the same computer? Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, May 18, 2019
  3. Configure Wireless Access Point

I have an existing network using a Buffalo N300 wireless router configured as 192.168.11 and 255.255.255

I have recently purchased a Sony Bravia TV with internet capability and would like to connect a second router – the Belkin F5D-8233 – as an access point for the TV. As I already have the router, it is cheaper than me purchasing the Sony wireless dongle.

Essentially, the Buffalo is connected to my PC in one room and provides the internet access. The Belkin would be in another room, connected via Ethernet to the TV.

I have set the Belkin up to use 192.168.11.10 with the same SSID and security settings as the Buffalo. I have also set it up as an Access point.

I have connected the Belkin and the Buffalo together via the Ethernet LAN ports to try and do an initial configuration but I cannot see the Belkin when I do this even though the LAN ports light up.

Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to configure the Belkin so that it gets internet access wirelessly in the other room?

I have been able to confure the TV so that it sees and connects to the Belkin but obviously this is of little use unless it can connect to the internet through that connection.

Thanks, any help appreciated.

Lowtrawler, May 18, 2019
  4. How to configure Ethernet and wireless channels on the same computer?

"ethernet" and "wireless" doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Hi everyone,

I installed a windows update yesterday (windows 10, version 1709) and my internet stopped working. It's a 64-bit windows 10. This desktop has both an ethernet and wireless connections. Network diagnostics comes up with the warning:
    "doesn't have a valid IP configuration," for both the ethernet and wireless connections. The internet was working fine before the update. I should also note that all of my other devices are currently connected to the internet and working (some wifi and some
    ethernet corded). I am tempted to recover back to the earlier update, but at some point I know I will have to update again and I'll be stuck with the same problem. The router is
    NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1750 Smart Dual Band WiFi Router (R6700)

This is what I have tried:

-Restarting the computer and the router.

-Manually adding in this computer's MAC into my router's list of devices.

-Making sure the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) properties are set to obtaining IP and DNS server addresses automatically

-I even tried adding the computer's information from "ipconfig" in this setting

--Located 802.11n Channel Width for band 2.4 and set it to Auto.

-I uninstalled and updated both network adaptors (downloaded most recent driver updates from website on another computer and transferred and installed from a flashdrive) Intel (R) --Band WIreless-AC 3165, Realtek PCle GBE Family
    Controller.

-Forgetting the wireless network and using the WPS button on the router (the computer detected settings and said no internet, secured. then same IP configuration warning when I ran network troubleshooting.

-Changing startup power settings

-Turning off windows firewall

-I called netgear, but they were unable to help me with paying for some crazy expensive extended warranty support

-Did the following commands in the command prompt as an administrator (including computer restarts):
    netsh winsock reset, netsh int ip reset, ipconfig /release, ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /renew

-used network reset tool to reset the network settings and reboot

After doing all of these steps in addition to all of the restarts, I noticed that my gateway is blank within ipconfig /all.
    Another way of saying that my computer can’t connect to the router.
    What else can I do? I really appreciate your help!

AdamGraczyk, May 18, 2019
Thema:

How to configure Ethernet and wireless channels on the same computer?

1. How to configure Ethernet and wireless channels on the same computer? - Similar Threads - configure Ethernet wireless

2. Laptop sees PCs on the same network when on Ethernet but NOT when wireless?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Laptop sees PCs on the same network when on Ethernet but NOT when wireless?: I'm running a Dell laptop with Windows 10. When I have it connected to the Ethernet I can see all of the other PCs and servers on the network, including itself and the router. When I disconnect the Ethernet cable the laptop only displays itself and the router. All of the PCs...
  3. wireless configuration

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    wireless configuration: upon startup i am receiving the following message block. Wireless Configuration. Notification dll has not been Registered, program will not work properly. what should i do to correct this ?. i am having difficulty connecting to the internet with mobile hotspot on my...
  4. network, ethernet, wireless

network, ethernet, wireless: hello all, im having trouble with internet connections on my pc. ethernet says unidentified network, "ethernet doesnt have valid IP configuration" which started out of the blue, was working fine, and then nothing. and my wifi doesnt even appear under networks. under device...
  5. Wireless mouse configuration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless mouse configuration: I reset my Dell inspiron 1525 and the Logitech wireless mouse won't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-mouse-configuration/571292f6-dc23-4598-b2f3-c5c3a8ce2840
  6. 2 similar Wireless names on same computer??

2 similar Wireless names on same computer??: I am not a computer nerd but need to know if this is necessary to have 2 wireless with similar names -- NetGear74 and NetGear74-5GB on my desktop. Well my desktop is HP Omen 870-119 and have the cable modem, Thomson DC475 from my internet service provider also have the...
  7. Windows 10 Ethernet/Wireless doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Windows 10 Ethernet/Wireless doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Spent over 5 hours. Tried the popular CMD commands, reset router, static ip, and changing network drivers. Just randomly got this message when I was playing a game. No restore point. Will appreciate any help I can get and even redo them again if necessary....
  8. Networking ethernet and wireless

Networking ethernet and wireless: Hi I have a desktop connected by ethernet cable from which I can see the laptop when opening Network, but the wireless laptop just shows media icons from the desktop. The desktop uses Network 2 name while the laptop uses the Telstra numbers from the modem connection. IP...
  9. Configure a wireless repeater

Configure a wireless repeater: Hi guys, I hope you are having a good day! My name is Alex. I configured my repeater for home network yesterday but everything was seemed to work incorrectly. The repeater kept dropping connection. So I would like to ask you guys about this. My desktop is broken, I connect...
  10. How to specify wireless configuration in an unattend.xml file.

How to specify wireless configuration in an unattend.xml file.: I'm trying to Win10 deploy using sysprep and I want to specify DNS suffix in an unattend.xml file, it is not only "Local Area Connection" but also wireless adapter. How can I modify an unattend.xml file? And which part of the name of the wireless adapter should I use as in...