Windows 10: How to configure individual notifications in Action Center?

Discus and support How to configure individual notifications in Action Center? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey guys, I'm having a little trouble with Windows 10 notifications from applications. Example scenario: When using Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Michael Leocádio, Mar 14, 2019.

1. How to configure individual notifications in Action Center?

Hey guys,

I'm having a little trouble with Windows 10 notifications from applications.

Example scenario:

When using Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp from a web browser (any) or the application itself and there are incoming messages from a specific person (notifications enabled in browser/application), each new message is presented on the screen corner (new messages immediately overlap each other when the sender is the same); when I open the Action Center only the most recent message from that contact is shown, they only stack for different contacts or notification topic.

Example desired result:

When receiving email from the native Mail application each one goes into its own notification item (even if I receive 10, 20, 30 emails at once).

Another example are mobile phones themselves, notifications are stacked and merged in a per app basis, yet limited you can pretty understand the conversation context.

Conclusion:

Clearly each new message fires an individual notification, but if you're not looking at them at the moment, later you will not be able to check them individually (like a log).

Real trouble:

Being very honest, my friend uses my WhatsApp and it is connected to the Web feature in my laptop (notifications enabled). Two weeks ago I was away from my computer and when checked it there was a weird personal message in Action Center, later when I checked my phone, the conversation was deleted, all I had was the last notification in Windows which overlapped all previous ones and the excuse of "I deleted it on purpose but I'm sorry for that, I didn't know you are notified in your laptop" with no intent of explaining the conversation itself.

Frustrating.

Question:

Enough examples & storytelling.
    I've researched in system and application configurations and even browser extensions and even some way to recover anything from phone or Windows, but no success.

Is there ANY solution for individualizing notifications?

Thank you in advance.

:)

Michael Leocádio, Mar 14, 2019

2. Stop action center notifications in Windows 10

Hi Emily,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Do you want to stop notifications only from Defender or stop all action center notifications?
    To stop action center notifications, I suggest you to follow the steps given below:

• Type settings in search bar and hit
      enter.

• Go to system.

• Select notifications and actions.

• Click on turn system icons on or off.

• Turn off action center.

Reference: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-notification-settings-in-action-center

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Configure Action Center

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing an issue with the notifications from the action center regarding the apps.

I would suggest you some steps which you can try resolving this issue.
    Follow the below steps and check if issue resolves.
    • press Windows + I key and select System.
    • left pane select the Notifications.
    • select the Money app and Turn OFF the notifications for it.
    Note: You can also turn off the notifications for all the apps related to stock market in the same way.

Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin V Rao, Mar 14, 2019
  4. How to configure individual notifications in Action Center?

windows 10 action center notifications

Hi JCS,

For us to properly address your question, we would like to verify if we got your concern right. Are you trying to terminate the notification right away or let it stay visible for a few more seconds?

To change or adjust the time span of the notification, follow these steps:

• Open Settings and select Ease of Access.
    • Click Other options.
    • In the right pane, look for Show notifications for, and adjust the duration.

Please ensure as well that your action center is configured properly. Check out the following links for more information:

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

How to configure individual notifications in Action Center?

1. How to configure individual notifications in Action Center? - Similar Threads - configure individual notifications

2. Action Center problem with notifications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Action Center problem with notifications: When I opened the action center, I used to get one or two notifications, usually headlines about recent news. I would then click the headline and be brought to a page with the full story. For more than the last two weeks, when I click the text, I get something like the...
  3. Notifications and Action Center not working.

Notifications and Action Center not working.: Hi, Just recently, out of the blue, my action center/notifications panel will not open and I cannot for the life of me find a fix that works. I have tried many "solutions" found both on the web and here, to no avail. Whenever I click on the action bar bottom right the...
  4. Action center not showing notifications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action center not showing notifications: Basically I get notification bubbles but when I open action center, there are no notifications. For example, if I turn off Windows defender, I get notification popup like in first picture. But when I open it, there is nothing. The popup icon clears after wards as if I...
  5. Notification in Action Center by PowerShell

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification in Action Center by PowerShell: Hi! I found on the web script to notify any action in PowerShell. I'm not PowerShell friendly, still using command line. I need to customize script to remove notify icon in taskbar. I tried to change few values, but never successfully. Can anybody help me with removing...
  6. Notifications not showing in action center

Notifications not showing in action center: Notifications not showing in action center, it shows the number of notifications I have and they show pop ups. But when I click the notification button its empty. Doing a reboot makes them all show up for a while but it's really annoying that I have to do this so often. Any...
  7. No notification in action center

No notification in action center: I have problem in action center. I am using latest windows 10:Version 1809. Action center shows the numbers(badges) of notifications but when the action center is clicked it shows none of the notification though there actually is the notification from the app. So, how to fix...
  8. Action Center and notifications

Action Center and notifications: While I like having most notifications in one discrete place, I did use to have an hourly notification pop up. It helped me keep track of the time and my computer usage. Lately however, I've found that it just winds up in the Action Center, which doesn't help me. Ironically,...
  9. The Action Center and Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    The Action Center and Notifications: Is there a reason Action Center doesn't notify me of all my incoming emails? Just a quick Q I have... Thanks!*Cool 23968
  10. How to save action center notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    How to save action center notifications: Hi I want to keep all notifications from action center. As i'v seen they apear only once, and after i clear them they are gone. Is there any way for keeping them? or get (automaticly, using some api or hook) the notifications' data so i'll be able to keep them ? thanks...