Windows 10: How to configure Recommended Troubleshooting on Windows 10

Discus and support How to configure Recommended Troubleshooting on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Recommended Troubleshooting is a new feature of Windows 10 version 1903 designed to fix certain issues on the device automatically when they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jul 20, 2019.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

How to configure Recommended Troubleshooting on Windows 10

Recommended Troubleshooting is a new feature of Windows 10 version 1903 designed to fix certain issues on the device automatically when they are detected.

Troubleshooting assistance is not a new feature of the Windows operating system. Microsoft started to release so-called Fix It solutions a long time ago; first as standalone tools distributed ion the Microsoft website and a special Fix-It Center site that admins had to download and run, later on by integrating certain tools natively in the operating system.

Fix-It solutions are no longer maintained as standalone programs but some solutions are available natively in the Windows 10 operating system.

Recommended Troubleshooting

How to configure Recommended Troubleshooting on Windows 10 recommended-troubleshooting.png

The May 2019 Update for Windows 10 introduced a new feature called Recommended Troubleshooting designed to fix issues automatically. The feature depends on diagnostic data and you will get better results -- read more attempts to fix issues -- if the diagnostic data is set to Full. Whether that is worth is debatable.

Microsoft automatically fixes certain critical problems on your device to keep it running smoothly. We may also recommend troubleshooting for other problems we think will improve your experience.

How much do you want Microsoft to help when we find other issues on your device that we might be able to fix?

Recommended troubleshooting does not give full control over the automatic fixes. The way I read it is that Windows 10 will troubleshoot certain critical issues automatically regardless of the state of the recommended troubleshooting feature.

Administrators may change the default action for other non-critical troubleshooting issues only. Here is how you do that:

1. Use Windows-I to open the Settings application or select Start > Settings.
    2. Go to Update & Security > Troubleshoot.
    3. The default recommended troubleshooting state is set to "ask me before fixing problems".
    4. You can change it to "fix problems for me without asking" or "tell me when problems get fixed".

How to configure Recommended Troubleshooting on Windows 10 recommended-troubleshooting-states.png

Here is what each of the states means:

• Ask me before fixing problem -- Windows 10 prompts the user before it attempts to fix any issue.
    • Fix problems for me without asking -- Windows 10 attempts to fix any issue automatically without notifying the user or getting the user's okay.
    • Tell me when problems get fixed -- Windows 10 attempts to fix any issue automatically but tells the user about it.

Windows 10 may also list recommendations on the Troubleshoot page in the May 2019 Update.

Tip: you find the included troubleshooting tools by clicking on "Troubleshoot other problems". The tools that were available in Windows 10 version 1809 and previous versions of Windows are still available there. You may also access the troubleshooting history from the very same page to look up previous troubleshooting activity on the device.

Closing Words

It is still possible to run troubleshooters manually and these work just as before. My experience with Fix-It / Troubleshoot tools is mixed as they could not resolve major issues that I faced in the past on numerous devices. While they may work to address very basic and common issues, they are not universal tools that fix any problem that you may run into.

It may be a good idea to use them to see if they resolve an experienced issue as it is quick and of no consequence provided that you configure these tools to inform you about detected issues so that you may give your okay to have them fixed.

Now You: What is your take on Fix-It and Troubleshooting tools built-into Windows?

Ghacks needs you. You can find out how to support us here (https://www.ghacks.net/support/) or support the site directly by becoming a Patreon (https://www.patreon.com/ghacks)). Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post How to configure Recommended Troubleshooting on Windows 10 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jul 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 20, 2019
  4. Solaris17 Win User

is there any demand for a system configurator?

Processor(V) <--drop down arrow
    -AMD(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---AM2(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---939(V)
    ----List of CPU's
    -Intel(V)
    --Socket(V)
    ---775(V)
    ----List of cpu's
    ---771(V)
    ----List of CPU's

etc etc.

Solaris17, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

1. How to configure Recommended Troubleshooting on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - configure Recommended Troubleshooting

2. Windows 10 is not checking for Recommended troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 is not checking for Recommended troubleshooting: Windows 10 is not checking for Recommended troubleshooting and I want it to check for. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-not-checking-for-recommended/916e48fc-550b-44a8-945d-54216e29b0c8
  3. Windows 10 is not checking for Recommended troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 is not checking for Recommended troubleshooting: Windows 10 is not checking for Recommended troubleshooting and I want it to check for. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-not-checking-for-recommended/916e48fc-550b-44a8-945d-54216e29b0c8
  4. Windows 10 is not checking for Recommended troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. No recommended troubleshooter, last run: never

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No recommended troubleshooter, last run: never: Here are the things that I've tried, to get my recommended troubleshooter to work with no success: Start Cryptographic Services Using Service Manager 1 Press Windows button and R at the same time to launch RUN dialog box. 2 Type services.msc and press enter 3 Scroll down...
  6. Recommended Troubleshooter

Recommended Troubleshooter: The automatic troubleshooter has stopped working in my HP Windows 10 desktop. I have it set on "Run Troubleshooter Automatically" but below that it says " Last checked: never" and there is no troubleshooting history? Any suggestions other than reinstalling Windows?!...
  7. How to turn on or off Recommended troubleshooting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to turn on or off Recommended troubleshooting in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Microsoft has worked hard to add tons of inbuilt troubleshooting methods in Windows 10. There is one for almost one for every standard error in Windows 10. Going ahead with Windows 10 v1903, the team has added Recommended Troubleshooting. It [...] This post...
  8. How to configure the troubleshooting option in win 10

How to configure the troubleshooting option in win 10: My machine is having some systems errors, and I have read some information about an option to automatically discover troubleshooting solution. Information please...
  9. View Recommended Troubleshooting History in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Recommended Troubleshooting History in Windows 10: How to: View Recommended Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 How to View Recommended Troubleshooting History in Windows 10 If something isn't working in Windows 10, running a troubleshooter might help. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you....
  10. Turn On or Off Automatic Recommended Troubleshooting in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Automatic Recommended Troubleshooting in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Automatic Recommended Troubleshooting in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Automatic Recommended Troubleshooting in Windows 10 If something isn't working in Windows 10, running a troubleshooter might help. Troubleshooters can find and fix many...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Keep your device running smoothly with recommended troubleshooting suggestions that find and fix issues on your device.