Windows 10: How to configure taskbar to highlight open applications, like in win7?

Discus and support How to configure taskbar to highlight open applications, like in win7? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; In the taskbar, Win10 only highlights the active application icon. The other icons look the same, regardless if the application is open or not. Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xanderax, Jun 6, 2016.

1. xanderax Win User

How to configure taskbar to highlight open applications, like in win7?

In the taskbar, Win10 only highlights the active application icon. The other icons look the same, regardless if the application is open or not.

Is there an option to make all open, running applications highlight in the taskbar like in Win7? Thanks!

:)

xanderax, Jun 6, 2016
  2. Martmcd Win User

FILE EXPLORER QUICK ACCESS AND TASKBAR

your picture does not look abnormal, those with a line under them are applications you have open, the highlighted icon is the active window.

file explorer does not appear to have a line under it, Microsoft internet explorer has a line under and is highlighted because you are using it.

where are you seeing a quick access pin?

every application you open will appear on the taskbar (as always) while the application is open and will go when you close it, unless it is pinned to the taskbar.

you have the snipping tool, store, one I don't recognise, edge and file explorer pinned to the taskbar, they will stay there even after the application is closed but the line beneath the icon will go.

Martmcd, Jun 6, 2016
  3. Multi-screen launch application on active screen taskbar

Hello,

On windows 10, I configure taskbar to have on all screens, thanks to a parameter in taskbar settings.

But, I would like to launch applications or any icon that I click on the same screen that I'm using taskbar.

How to achieve this ?

Why it's not configurable somewhere on win 10 ?

Thanks for your help

Zigomatic

zigomatic_rdp, Jun 6, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

In my taskbar the other applications that are open have a white line running across the bottom of the icon to distinguish it from apps that are not open. I agree that this could easily be missed if you did not know it was there.

How to configure taskbar to highlight open applications, like in win7? [​IMG]

philc43, Jun 6, 2016
  5. xanderax Win User
    Oh thank you! My screen wasn't centered and wasn't showing the leftmost pixel, so the icons all looked identical. Auto-center function on screen fixed it. I wouldn't have figured this out without your help thanks!! And yes it could easily be more obvious!

xanderax, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How to configure taskbar to highlight open applications, like in win7? - Similar Threads - configure taskbar highlight

2. How can I restrict or configure Search Highlights...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I restrict or configure Search Highlights...: I want to restrict or block offensive material such as Gay Pride and other offensive graphics from showing on my search. I am willing to try this feature, but have no patience or tolerance for intolerant and anti social groups and do not feel it is Microsofts business to be...
  3. Clicking in my Taskbar is like pressing tab on highlighted options.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking in my Taskbar is like pressing tab on highlighted options.: So, this is one of the most irritating bugs I've encountered on Windows and I'm like 5 seconds from punching a hole in my wall. I can't wait for the automated response bots to not read my query and post the same fix that doesn't **** work. I've been trying to set my phone as...
  4. How to make Win10 look like Win7?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make Win10 look like Win7?: Hello, I am using windows 10 since a couple of months now and i cant get used to the new design.... How can i make it looks and feels like win7 ? submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments]...
  5. How to disable highlight/glow in taskbar

How to disable highlight/glow in taskbar: I am wondering if it is possible to remove the rectangular highlight that appears when hovering your mouse over an app in the taskbar. I have been looking everywhere to find a solution to this and cannot find it. I’m assuming the solution lies somewhere within the registry....
  6. How to configure the width of applications in the taskbar in Windows 10?

How to configure the width of applications in the taskbar in Windows 10?: Since this Morning, the width of app in the taskbar are spread along it. I would like to restore the previous behavior of the taskbar. How can I fix this? [ATTACH] I have Windows 10 Enterprise 2004...
  7. Can someone explain how to make the taskbar look like this? With the icon highlight...

Can someone explain how to make the taskbar look like this? With the icon highlight...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fateofmind [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fcf4ns/can_someone_explain_how_to_make_the_taskbar_look/
  8. Can't see highlight of open programs on taskbar

Can't see highlight of open programs on taskbar: Hello everyone, This problem occured a couple weeks ago. I can't see the highlight of the open programs on my task bar. Here is a screenshot of my taskbar: [ATTACH] and in the thread below is a picture of what I actually see on my computer. This is very strange...
  9. how to configure scan application

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to configure scan application: how to configure scan application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-configure-scan-application/1f425985-6716-411a-a4f0-03cb8a140d67
  10. Configuring an application so it doesn't show in the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Configuring an application so it doesn't show in the taskbar?: Is it possible to configure an application so it doesn't appear in the task bar? Thanks Dave 34595

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 taskbar highlight open apps

2. windows 10 change taskbar highlighting open applications