Windows 10: How to configure that my eMMC as boot disk and HDD for storage

Discus and support How to configure that my eMMC as boot disk and HDD for storage in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.592) I got a connex laptop from my friend as a gift. I installed WIN 10 on the 32GB eMMC Flash Micro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Outjo, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Outjo Win User

How to configure that my eMMC as boot disk and HDD for storage

Microsoft Windows 10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.592)
    I got a connex laptop from my friend as a gift. I installed WIN 10 on the 32GB eMMC Flash Micro SD card expansion which is obvious not enough space. I'd only +- 9 Gb of space left. Also, the laptop is fitted with a 500Gb HDD. Some software is fine as I just delete the C and replace with D (didn't check it yet, but I guess it will work.

How can I configure that software being installed on D drive (the HDD) and not on the eMMC which is my C drive (boot drive). I hope that there is an easy way.

Thank you in advance

Louis

:)

Outjo, Jan 23, 2020

2. eMMC flash storage/ windows repair.

sorry but this does not work. I have a Dell inspiron with a 32gb eMMC and ive tried everything. if you completely delete all partitions on the HDD your pretty much lost. Nothing works. I've tried all formats in Rufus and ive tried disk-part with several
    different configurations and nothing works. when you partition the thumb-drive for GPT it doesnt boot into it.

NATHAN MCKENZIE, Jan 23, 2020
  3. elam Win User
    Windows 10 install don't boot : EMMC drive set as Storage Space Device

Hi,

I'm trying to reinstall windows 10 x64 on a HP notebook after malware, but have a problem with the EMMC drive that doesn't appear in boot manager and gives an error "Boot Device Not Found" at start.

I have done a lot of tests and follow all usual methods to reinstall windows, but not any worked. I don't put here the list of all i have done but Bios and EMMC drive seem healthy, so i don't think it is a material problem.

I tryed to reinstall different versions of Windows 10 and 8 with a boot key (made with Microsoft MediaCreationToolbios and Rufus) and Bios settings set to UEFI (security boot and legacy boot desactivated) and EMMC drive completely reseted with DISKPART: clean. The partition table of EMMC drive is well GPT(not MBR).

All the time the windows install is doing fine, but at restart there is no boot. But all the 4 windows10 partitions (especially the UFI Boot partition) and windows files are well written on the drive, so the Windows installation seems ok

Where i am now is to think that there is a problem with the EMMC driver, because DISKPART command "Detail disk" says that the EMMC drive is not bootable and the driver of the disk is "Microsoft Storage Space Device" (normally used only for "Storage Pool" Windows feature that i don't use) instead of a normal SATA driver :

How to configure that my eMMC as boot disk and HDD for storage [​IMG]

How to configure that my eMMC as boot disk and HDD for storage [​IMG]

I'm not sure it is normal, as this notebook has only one internal EMMC drive, so it doesn't make sense to create a storage pool.

I found a post here that seems to correspond to my problem, but the solution proposed at the end doesn't work for me :

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...0-abcf1621fab8

I used a WinPE boot key to start powershell and delete all storage pool (that could have been made by windows installation) with command "Remove-StoragePool" as it is proposed in the post, but this doesn't work.

To be sure i'm not going in the wrong direction, could someone tell me if it is normal that an EMMC drive is recognized as a "Microsoft Storage Space Device", that could explain why it is not seen by Bios and declared not bootable.

In particular if someone has a HP notebook with EMMC drive, could you please look in its properties (like in picture 1) to see how it is recognized by the system in a healthy configuration.

Thanks a lot for any help

4. How to configure that my eMMC as boot disk and HDD for storage

eMMC flash storage/ windows repair.

I have an Asus e402m note book. One with the built in eMMC flash storage which my windows 10 OS is installed on. (Other than not being able to update the system) the pc have ben working fine for like 4 months now. then one day I had to reset it for some
    reason and I got and error saying system reset has failed. It that automatically reboot the system but now the OS wont start. (It goes to the Asus logo then reboots). I tried to reinstall windows from USB but the eMMC flash storage doesn't show up on the list.

How can I reinstall or repair windows on the eMMC flash storage

LordLuke26, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

How to configure that my eMMC as boot disk and HDD for storage

1. How to configure that my eMMC as boot disk and HDD for storage - Similar Threads - configure eMMC boot

2. How to fix laptop booting but hdd disk not detected?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix laptop booting but hdd disk not detected?: Hi,I am Shaandeep Singh I have a problem with my hp laptop recently. I am just using my laptop normally and playing minecraft on it but eventually it start freezing and laging. I have wait for 1hrs but it still freezing. So I tried force shutdown and restart it. And after it...
  3. How to fix laptop booting but hdd disk not detected?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix laptop booting but hdd disk not detected?: Hi,I am Shaandeep Singh I have a problem with my hp laptop recently. I am just using my laptop normally and playing minecraft on it but eventually it start freezing and laging. I have wait for 1hrs but it still freezing. So I tried force shutdown and restart it. And after it...
  4. How to fix laptop booting but hdd disk not detected?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HOW TO CONFIGURE MY LAPTOP DISK???

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HOW TO CONFIGURE MY LAPTOP DISK???: I recently installed a new 500 GB ssd in my Dell Laptop and I would like to use the same disk configuration as on my PC.My Pc also has 500 GB ssd.Both computers run windows 10 and are loaded with the exact same software.The PC has all my datadocuments, pics, music, videos...
  6. HOW TO CONFIGURE MY LAPTOP DISK???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO CONFIGURE MY LAPTOP DISK???: I recently installed a new 500 GB ssd in my Dell Laptop and I would like to use the same disk configuration as on my PC.My Pc also has 500 GB ssd.Both computers run windows 10 and are loaded with the exact same software.The PC has all my datadocuments, pics, music, videos...
  7. HOW TO CONFIGURE MY LAPTOP DISK???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Storage Spaces with Boot Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Storage Spaces with Boot Disk: I have a new laptop with a single SSD on a PCIe controller, Win 10 Pro. That SSD is my boot drive. Can I add a second SSD of exactly the same model and size and create a mirror without data loss?It seems that a long time ago it was not possible but now might be different. I...
  9. SSD as boot drive and HDD as storage drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    SSD as boot drive and HDD as storage drive: I've researched high and low for a simple solution. I remember doing this on windows 7 with a registry hack back in the day, and it worked flawlessly. This is what I would like to do. I have a 500 gig SSD and a 1TB HDD. I would like all 600 gigs of user data to be on the HDD...
  10. how to reformat emmc

in Windows 10 Support
    how to reformat emmc: I have a big problem that I need your help in solving... About a month ago I bought a new Mini PC from gearbest Chinese store, it came with windows 8.1 and android 4.4 installed and since it has arrived i have got blue screen errors. i have had many support emails with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. detail disk emmc