Windows 10: How to configure the best HDR settings for gaming on Windows PC

Discus and support How to configure the best HDR settings for gaming on Windows PC in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]HDR or High Dynamic Range is the technology that increases the brightness and color of a display in order to deliver high-quality images and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, May 7, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

How to configure the best HDR settings for gaming on Windows PC

How to configure the best HDR settings for gaming on Windows PC Configure-best-HDR-settings-for-gaming-on-Windows.png
    HDR or High Dynamic Range is the technology that increases the brightness and color of a display in order to deliver high-quality images and videos to the user. Undoubtedly, playing a game on an HDR-capable monitor gives you the best gaming experience. If you have ever played a game on a non-HDR display, you might […]

This article How to configure the best HDR settings for gaming on Windows PC first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, May 7, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Auto HDR preview for Windows 10 PC gaming available today

Source: https://devblogs.microsoft.com/direc...ailable-today/

How to Enable or Disable Auto HDR for Games in Windows 10

Brink, May 7, 2022
  3. (17763.1 and 18362.1)Play HDR apps and games option disapper when I set duplicate mode.

Hi Lin,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
    2. What is the make and model of your both monitors?
    3. As you have given multiple versions of Windows 10, is this issue occurring on multiple computers?

Not all displays are optimized for HDR. If you have two displays and move the HDR video onto a display that’s not optimized for HDR, you’ll get the appropriate standard dynamic range (SDR) as soon as new content starts to play.

To play streaming high dynamic range (HDR) video in Windows 10, your external display and Windows 10 PC needs to support HDR. To find the specifications for a specific PC or external display, visit the device manufacturer’s website.

It might be that one of your monitors doesn’t' support HDR, so I suggest you to refer
    Display requirements for HDR video in Windows 10 and check
    if your monitors support HDR.

You may also refer Stream HDR video on Windows 10 and
    HDR and WCG color settings in Windows 10 and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, May 7, 2022
  4. How to configure the best HDR settings for gaming on Windows PC

Windows 10 HDR problems in full screen.

Hello moderator

1. Its all the games I own that don't support HDR10. Basically when I full screen on a non-HDR game, the screen goes black for a few seconds and HDR gets disabled and all the colors looked washed out (Like its in SDR)

I took 2 screenshots, One is in window mode, the other is in full screen

Windowed mode (HDR on) : https://imgur.com/a/fm6K21X

Full screen mode (HDR off) : https://imgur.com/a/76e4qLN

2. Yes SDR looks washed out. I want to play my games in full screen and in HDR. Playing in windowed mode is a nightmare

3. I know because the monitor goes black for a few seconds and all the colors look washed out (As shown in the screenshots)

Sadly the fixes did not work How to configure the best HDR settings for gaming on Windows PC :(

I updated the GPU drivers via GeForce Experience app.

My Monitor does support 4k HDR10

I tried lower the resolution and the refresh rate but that did not work.

Here is a video of my problem

YouTube Link :

Time Stamps :

0:00 HDR mode is on everything looks fine (In the video, when it looks high contrast, that means HDR is on)

0:35 I full screen the game. If you notice the high contrast is no longer there, the colors are washed out

0:46 I disable full screen and HDR mode is back on

*HDR looks high contrast, Ignore that, that's just the video itself.

Im also using windows 10 64bit 1809

WillyMcFly, May 7, 2022
Thema:

How to configure the best HDR settings for gaming on Windows PC

1. How to configure the best HDR settings for gaming on Windows PC - Similar Threads - configure best HDR

2. How to configure best HDR settings for gaming on Xbox on TV

in Windows 10 News
    How to configure best HDR settings for gaming on Xbox on TV: [ATTACH]HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. It is a technology developed to improve the image and video quality. Some of you might be familiar with the term HDR. Today, this technology is widely used in cameras, smartphones, and TVs. The aim of developing the HDR technology is...
  3. How to configure the best FPS settings for gaming on a PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to configure the best FPS settings for gaming on a PC: [ATTACH]FPS or Frames Per Second denotes the number of images a CPU is able to display on the screen in one second. The term FPS not only applies to video games but also to videos. The high FPS means more images are displayed on the screen in one second, which smoothens the...
  4. Best Free Steam Games for Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Best Free Steam Games for Windows PC: [ATTACH]If you are a gamer, I am pretty sure that you are not oblivious to the Steam platform. It is a wonderland for gamers as it stores a lot of great games. However, a general perception is that Steam all the games on Steam are paid, which is far from the truth, there are...
  5. How to best watch HDR content on a sdr monitor (or fake HDR)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to best watch HDR content on a sdr monitor (or fake HDR): nowadays most 4k releases are easier to get in HDR but my monitor is SDR with a fake HDR mode, I can activate it in windows if that helps, but is there any video player that can handle it good? (it has tone mapping) submitted by /u/Lower_Fan [link] [comments]...
  6. Best wi-fi settings for gaming?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Best wi-fi settings for gaming?: I am going to try to optimize my wi-fi settings for gaming. I don't have the possibility to use a cable, so i will have to try to make the best of it. I have this networks card. If someone has some expertise about these settings, please post it in this thread, thanks....
  7. Best audio configuration on new PC?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Best audio configuration on new PC?: When buying a new PC recently, I made things difficult for my old, limited brain by not paying attention to the details of the audio outputs on the new PC. My last 2 or 3 PCs have had an optical audio output, which I've connected to external speakers (most recently an...
  8. Best deal for a gaming pc?

in Windows 10 Support
    Best deal for a gaming pc?: Im looking for a gaming pc for around £400. Im thinking this is a good deal at the moment, what would you say? PC: i7 3770 16Gb DDR3 2Tb HDD Nvidia GTX 750 Antec Case Corsair PSU GAMING PC EA247 | eBay And then buy a GTX 1050Ti and put it in: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GT OC...
  9. Issue with games that dont use HDR but HDR enabled in Windows Display settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with games that dont use HDR but HDR enabled in Windows Display settings: I have not tried all games yet, so far Titanfall 2 and DOOM (OGL and Vulkan) both have issues with having HDR enabled in Windows and running native 4k. The colors get all messed up. In TF2 most of the whites get replaced with black or purple and sometimes the white parts of...
  10. Best Golf Game for pc windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Best Golf Game for pc windows 10: Dear all, I am after a good realistic golf game for windows 10, Can any one help? regards 67722