Windows 10: How to configure the default gateway and IP addresses during Windows 10 OOBE progress.

Discus and support How to configure the default gateway and IP addresses during Windows 10 OOBE progress. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; As the title says. My gateway address was set to 192.168.2.1 which is not recognizable by Windows 10 installing progress in default, but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Power Dekor, Jul 11, 2019.

1. How to configure the default gateway and IP addresses during Windows 10 OOBE progress.

As the title says.

My gateway address was set to 192.168.2.1 which is not recognizable by Windows 10 installing progress in default, but when I trying to configure it manually, I can not be able to find where can I done that >_<

is there any way to complete that operation during Windows 10 OOBE progress?

:)

Power Dekor, Jul 11, 2019

2. Windows 10 default gateway repeatedly not available

I used the term "loosing default gateway" because when the troubleshooter fixes the problem it says that the problem was that the default gateway wasn't available, so I figured my adapter somehow lost connection to it or something similar had happended.

I looked up the Default Gateway's IP as you suggested and there was an IPv4 and also an IPv6 address next to it. Although I couldn't ping any other computers on the network. When I tried to renew my address after release The cmd just printed out "Windows
    IP configuration" but it timed out, and couldn't finish properly.

In the event viewer there are two warnings about an URL couldn't be resolved, other than that just information events.

AndrásIzsó, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    IP address cannot be configured no internet

Hello TERRIB1960,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you getting any error code while trying to connect to internet?

I would like to suggest you few simple steps on how to configure IP address on your PC, kindly follow the same.

Method 1: Open command prompt (right click on cmd, run as administrator) and run the below commands. These commands will fix the lack of dynamic IP address (DHCP).

• ipconfig /release
    • ipconfig /renew

Method 2: Go through the article which talks about fixing the network connection issues in Windows
    Support article.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jul 11, 2019
  4. kjl1956 Win User

How to configure the default gateway and IP addresses during Windows 10 OOBE progress.

Default gateway not available windows10

gyazo is a screen capture app and may have set your ip address., try to uninstall the app.

Settings, network,network & internet, check that vpn is not configured, proxy set to automatic; if use setup script is on turn it off, reboot.

Select ethernet, change adapter settings, right click icon, select details, should give a list of protocols, ipv4, ipv6 and connections, mac address, default gateway.

List what is in the list.

kjl1956, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

How to configure the default gateway and IP addresses during Windows 10 OOBE progress.

1. How to configure the default gateway and IP addresses during Windows 10 OOBE progress. - Similar Threads - configure default gateway

2. Auto fetching DNS & Gateway IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto fetching DNS & Gateway IP address: Team,When users connect from home they connect to their respective wireless network & they are able to connect to internet accordingly however after connecting at home, in case they come & connect to wireless network in office it is not getting connected to the wireless...
  3. Auto fetching DNS & Gateway IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto fetching DNS & Gateway IP address: Team,When users connect from home they connect to their respective wireless network & they are able to connect to internet accordingly however after connecting at home, in case they come & connect to wireless network in office it is not getting connected to the wireless...
  4. Auto fetching DNS & Gateway IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing IP address of Gateway Max Modem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing IP address of Gateway Max Modem: I have a Telstra Smart Modem and a Gateway Max modem. I want to use the Gateway as a wi-if extender but both have the same IP address so I cannot change the Gateway to Bridge mode I believe that is what I must do. How can I access the Gateway to change that and the IP address...
  6. Changing IP address of Gateway Max Modem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing IP address of Gateway Max Modem: I have a Telstra Smart Modem and a Gateway Max modem. I want to use the Gateway as a wi-if extender but both have the same IP address so I cannot change the Gateway to Bridge mode I believe that is what I must do. How can I access the Gateway to change that and the IP address...
  7. Changing IP address of Gateway Max Modem

8. Can't ping default gateway IP address

Can't ping default gateway IP address: The client can’t access the internet. For troubleshooting, we ask her to ping default gateway, for example, ping 192.168.1.254. She gets general failure. What we have done:1. run netsh to enable autoconfig,Restart the computer.2. Run netsh to delete arp, for exampleRestart...
  9. IP Configuration address

IP Configuration address: How would I find the correct IP Configuration address for my Windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-configuration-address/87e0e87f-4f02-4b5e-acfd-941a041957ef
  10. WIFI configuration on windows 10 with fix IP address

WIFI configuration on windows 10 with fix IP address: I came across the following strange problem with windows 10 version 1803 on 2 different laptops, one a Samsung and the other a HP. Both are 64bit. I setup the wifi with an fix IP address and everything went well for about 2 or 3 days, but then I noticed that the internet...