Windows 10: How to configure the desktop (font color, boarder thickness)

Discus and support How to configure the desktop (font color, boarder thickness) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The usual windows themes have very thin boarders. I like the look of fatter boarders and this also makes the windows easier to resize by dragging the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pmennen, May 11, 2019.

1. pmennen Win User

How to configure the desktop (font color, boarder thickness)

The usual windows themes have very thin boarders. I like the look of fatter boarders and this also makes the windows easier to resize by dragging the boarders. So I switched to the Aero lite theme which gives me the thicker boarders. But this causes another problem. The text on the taskbar (including the date & time) is now black (instead of the white for the default windows theme). Actually this text is white if I move the taskbar to the top or the bottom of the screen. But I don't really have room there because of the screen's aspect ratio so I want to keep it on the left side of the screen. The black text is very difficult to read. Sure I could change my accent color to a much lighter color, but I really don't like that. (Why the text color should change when I move the taskbar location is a complete mystery).

What gives? In windows 7 I used to be able to easily choose my border thickness and font colors. Why is this no longer configurable? Is Microsoft now adapting Apple's modus operandi (i.e. we know what is best for you). Perhaps we all should be using Apple computers, god forbid.

Is there any workaround to my desktop configuration dilemma, other than to just live with some configuration that I find distasteful?

Thanks
    ~Paul

:)

pmennen, May 11, 2019

2. Font colors on desktop.

Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop icons in Windows 10??

MikeHunter_RTT, May 11, 2019
  3. Fonts color

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity and to assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answer to the question below:

Are you trying to change the color of the system fonts? Or are you trying to change the color in a particular application?

I understand your query, to change the font color I suggest you to make few changes in the Personalization settings and check if that helps:

To do that,

1. Tap on Windows + I
    on the keyboard.

2. Click on the Personalization option.

3. Now click on Colors option.

4. Click on the preferred color from the list of colors.

We await your response.

Regards,

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 11, 2019
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, May 11, 2019
Thema:

1. How to configure the desktop (font color, boarder thickness) - Similar Threads - configure desktop font

2. Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop...: Desktop Icon Font Color - How do I change the font color of the text that describes desktop icons Windows11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-font-color-how-do-i-change-the-font/16cd1e04-287b-464d-9aae-77476ea85128
  3. Desktop Icon Font Color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon Font Color: I am blind in my right eye and the vision in my left eye is fading, I need to somehow change the color of the desktop icon font. I have increased the size of the icons as much as I can but the font is still white and I can't read it without a magnifier. Please help me...
  4. Desktop Icon Font Color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon Font Color: I am blind in my right eye and the vision in my left eye is fading, I need to somehow change the color of the desktop icon font. I have increased the size of the icons as much as I can but the font is still white and I can't read it without a magnifier. Please help me...
  5. Desktop Icon Font Color

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. changing color of boarder text

changing color of boarder text: my question is when i am using multiple tabs using chrome if you can see the top left corner the google word is in white text but if you click on the taskbar or if you click folder etc that will turn into black which makes my eyes sore i want to know how to make that text...
  7. How to change the Desktop Icon font color

How to change the Desktop Icon font color: The font color of desktop icons doesn't change even after trying every solution found on the Internet. I have tried to make the background-color orange and remove the shadows of the texts. [ATTACH] And even after setting the desktop background to white, the font is still...
  8. font color on desktop

font color on desktop: Windows must have recently made an update as the desktop background that I had was changed to a picture. I changed it back to a solid color but now the text it almost impossible to read. It is white with a black shadow. I want it to just be black text. Anyone know how to...
  9. How to change desktop icon font color

How to change desktop icon font color: Hi, I have winaero tweaker, and don't see how to change icon/shortcut font color. Could someone help with tweaker or in the registry editor? I have windows 10 1903. I see "desktop colors - which setting applies to icon font color? thanks...
  10. how to configure desktop window colors

how to configure desktop window colors: I'm new to Windows 10. The background color of my open windows is white, which is the same color as my mouse cursor. How do I change the background color open windows? Thanks....