Windows 10: How to configure the dump memory exchange file

Discus and support How to configure the dump memory exchange file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello I'm trying to configure my PC to dump memory after a PC crash. I'm receiving an error telling the the exchange file is not set or the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by arjfca, Oct 24, 2016.

1. arjfca Win User

How to configure the dump memory exchange file

Hello

I'm trying to configure my PC to dump memory after a PC crash.
    I'm receiving an error telling the the exchange file is not set or the allocated size is lower than 800 GB.

How do I do that?

Martin

How to configure the dump memory  exchange file [​IMG]

:)

arjfca, Oct 24, 2016

2. BSOD after plugging charger

I see the dumps are not being generated.

Please change the Settings from an Auto dump to a small memory dump.

http://blog.nirsoft.net/2010/07/27/how-to-confi...

Have you checked for Chipset driver updates?

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 24, 2016
  3. Windows Stopcode Error: Blue Screen 3 to 4 times a day. Microsoft Support guide does not help.

Hi,

There are not any files located at C:/Windows/Minidump, and there isn't a MEMORY.DMP file located at C:/WINDOWS as well. I have used this link to setup the dumps appropriately though, by checking ''Small memory dump'' which was not checked before:

NirBlog » Blog Archive » How to configure Windows to create MiniDump files on BSOD

I will look after next crash whether there are dump files present.

M. van den Herik, Oct 24, 2016
  4. essenbe Win User

essenbe, Oct 25, 2016
Thema:

1. How to configure the dump memory exchange file - Similar Threads - configure dump memory

2. Memory Dump File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Dump File: My laptop blue screens about once every week and it is always a really quick blue screen flash and then restart so I don't have a chance to read the error message. I can never find my dumpfile after the crash. I have reinstalled windows on my computer and set it to automatic...
  3. Memory Dump File

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Dump File: My laptop blue screens about once every week and it is always a really quick blue screen flash and then restart so I don't have a chance to read the error message. I can never find my dumpfile after the crash. I have reinstalled windows on my computer and set it to automatic...
  4. Memory dump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory dump: Il computer è stato riavviato da un controllo errori. Controllo errori: 0x00000124 0x0000000000000010, 0xffffc605d11dd028, 0xffffc605876cc09c, 0xffffc6058a77e1a0. I dettagli sono stati salvati in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. ID segnalazione:...
  5. Memory dump

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory dump: Il computer è stato riavviato da un controllo errori. Controllo errori: 0x00000124 0x0000000000000010, 0xffffc605d11dd028, 0xffffc605876cc09c, 0xffffc6058a77e1a0. I dettagli sono stati salvati in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. ID segnalazione:...
  6. Memory Dump

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Memory Dump: My computer has been creating more dump files lately. Can anyone help me to fix this?Thank you. 0:002> !analyze -v******************************************************************************** ** Exception Analysis **...
  7. Help with memory dump file

Help with memory dump file: I recently swaped to a Ryzen 5 5600x and a B450 MOBO. I've been getting "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" errors since. I managed to get a MEMORY.dmp file and I would like some help understanding it. Here is the link https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApiL3pED6bMyiAOa-kg1ZW7bDWTP?e=uhzwWg...
  8. Memory Dump

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Memory Dump: Hello, My system has been crashing several times in the past two hours and I don't know anything about memory dump. I've uploaded the memory dump files to onedrive. Can I have someone on here take a look at them? Isaiah...
  9. Memory Dump

Memory Dump: I am getting an blue screen and memory dump. Please can someone assist in resolving this matter, I keep on losing work and it is frustrating ******************************************************************************* *...
  10. Memory dump

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Memory dump: Does anyone have an idea what this means The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff80f1d427218). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...