Windows 10: How to configure VPN connection to connect automatically

Discus and support How to configure VPN connection to connect automatically in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a VPN that I wish to connect to every time I start the system, instead of starting it manually. How can I do that in Windows 10 (I'm fairly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by perdrix, May 9, 2017.

1. perdrix Win User

How to configure VPN connection to connect automatically

I have a VPN that I wish to connect to every time I start the system, instead of starting it manually.

How can I do that in Windows 10 (I'm fairly sure it could be done in Windows 7)?

Thanks
    Dave

:)

perdrix, May 9, 2017

2. Windows 10 Mobile VPN app

I've just upgraded to Win 10 Mobile on a Lumia 830. My VPN settings have forgotten their sign in info, and I can't remove the VPN configuration that was migrated over from Win Phone 8.1 - the "remove" button is shaded out.

I've created a new template, which works and can remember the sign in info, but there no longer seems to be a method to automatically connect the VPN, if the phone tries to access certain sites/ip addresses.

How can I remove a pre-existing configuration when the "remove" button is shaded out?

How can I automatically connect to a VPN?

Also, the VPN app is very crashy, is this other people's experience?

FraserMacIntosh, May 9, 2017
  3. Philipp_R Win User
    Automatic VPN Windows Phone 8.1 (lumia 930)

Hi,

i am trying to configure automatic VPN on my Windows phone. I tried it with configuring Destination IP Adresses and DNS Suffix. But if i browse an internal Page in Internet Explorer it does not connect to the VPN and just states "Page cannot be displayed".

After manual connection it works fine. It is a Junos Pulse VPN with User/PW authentication.

Does automatic VPN work based on URLs in Internet Explorer? Or is it just a feature for internal Apps?

Thanks for a short answer to clarify this.

best regards

Philipp

Philipp_R, May 9, 2017
  4. How to configure VPN connection to connect automatically

Marking this thread with similar interest. *092

storageman, May 9, 2017
  5. perdrix Win User
    perdrix, May 9, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    The VPN has to know that it is set as a task to check for connection and start using the VPN.

Are you using the built in VPN that Microsoft uses? I have had no problems with OpenVPN with my SmartDNS proxy that I use for Kodi.

bro67, May 9, 2017
  7. perdrix Win User
    Yes, I'm using the L2TP builtin VPN client.

Dave

perdrix, May 9, 2017
  8. How to configure VPN connection to connect automatically

Has anybody tried it using the start task method ?

I have a StrongVPN setup. When I first tried it using their client software and PPTP, it would start automatically. But I had terrible latency issues with PPTP. I setup a SSTP connection. It works great (Fixed the latency issues), but even using their client software, it starts running at boot up, but does not connect. I have to do that manually. The other issue is what happens if the VPN connection goes down during a session ? I know with the client software, it detects when the connection gets dropped and re-connects automatically. I have an open ticket with StrongVPN on the connect issue, however no solution yet.

storageman, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

How to configure VPN connection to connect automatically

1. How to configure VPN connection to connect automatically - Similar Threads - configure VPN connection

2. VPN CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN CONNECTION: I am trying to set up a VPN connection and I am getting this message saying the connection was terminated by the remote computer before it could be completed. How do I solve this?...
  3. VPN can not be connected after be configured

VPN can not be connected after be configured: Hi all:I am trying to configure an build in windows VPN . I followed instruction step by step. it is more or less like the following operation.https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/connect-to-a-vpn-in-windows-10-3d29aeb1-f497-f6b7-7633-115722c1009ci configured 3 laptop....
  4. VPN Connect

VPN Connect: Hi I am very much a novice when it comes to network config. I am current working on establishing a VPN connection between multiple computers to share files & work data via WAN and I need help with a couple questions So far, I’ve been able to create a PPTP VPN server using...
  5. VPN connection

VPN connection: Hi I have a weird issue using a VPN, for some reason it wont work on my main machine ( version 2004 build 19041.423 ) The things I have tested : At first I thought it was a network issue , so i trued the set up the vpn with the same credentials on my crapy laptop and...
  6. VPN Not Connecting

VPN Not Connecting: My vpn while connecting gives error "The L2TP connection attempt failed because the security layer encountered a processing error during initial negotiations with the remote computer" This error is mostly faces when user change its internet connection. VPN connect on one...
  7. VPN CONNECTION

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    VPN CONNECTION: i have been asked to connect to the VPN provided by the school to activate my windows. however, the VPN connection keeps saying my password to the username is incorrect despite typing and keying in correctly and i have tried multiple times but i am still unable to do so...
  8. Configure automatic updates and metered connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Configure automatic updates and metered connection: I have my connection set as metered to give me more control over Windows updates. And from reading blog posts, Windows won't download feature updates when metered is on. However, it will download security updates which is what I want. Can I use group policy to configure...
  9. VPN CONNECTION

VPN CONNECTION: Have setup a network connection in windows 10 to use with a VPN [FREEVPN.ME] but, when I try to connect, it states 'connecting' and does not say 'connected'. Is this a firewall problem? Anyone familiar with FREEVPN.ME?...
  10. connecting to vpn

connecting to vpn: is there any way to connect to a VPN without actually moving to whole another page? 13105

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to automatically connect to vpn on phobne